Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #21
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 135090 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

I'm calm, but the Texans have some things to fix and haven't really gotten out of the slow start slump yet.

A. Special Teams - We finished dead last in 2012. If not for Bullock touchbacks and Lechler bombs, we might already be there in 2013. Lanes are evidently only for freeways.

B. Schaub - Two (and virtually a third) pick six in three games? At most, one of those was on the WR. You expect your QB to get you out of holes, not to dig them for you.

C. Injuries - Brown missing was noticeable almost immediately. False start the first series and inability to punch it in down close twice. AJ being out we worked around at home, but Schaub couldn't manage to find folks open once he went out in Baltimore.

D. Playcalling - Even 610 pointed out to Schaub this morning that we're dead last in long pass attempts. 3rd and 10+? Let's run a draw or throw a 7-yd. route and pray. Maybe that'll work consistently against inferior competition, but not against a good/great defense.

Our team momentum isn't trending "up" yet.
Old 09-23-2013   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

As a fan base, we've tried to ignore in victory what we would not ignore on defeat. So now people will complain about symptoms that have been there since the start of the season.
Old 09-23-2013   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not gonna calm down until I see a super bowl parade in downtown Houston. And I'll keep bitching and moaning about everything I don't like until then.
Yep

This acceptance of mediocrity is sickening.

Gary Kubiak is Head Coach for life.

Almost a decade later and Kubiak is really no better of a HC than he was as a rookie. (Yes I know his clock management and challanges have gotten better.) I mean when has Gary ever held his AC's accountable? He fired Bush to save his own skin, under direct orders from BoB.

Bottom line for me is: if Gary was a true leader Coach Joe would've been gone a long time ago.

Coach Joe Must Go
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #24
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 35903 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
As a fan base, we've tried to ignore in victory what we would not ignore on defeat. So now people will complain about symptoms that have been there since the start of the season.
Absolutely right. The sky didn't fall yesterday, we've been knee deep in clouds all season.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #25
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
It could be worse.

At least we scored three field goals, Tampa Bay only scored one.

All other teams managed at least one TD.

The Giants didn't.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #26
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm calm, but this team really should be 0-3 and now have Seattle and SF looming. Good luck with that Texans. They'll have more losses than wins before too long.
Old 09-23-2013   #27
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

D. Playcalling - Even 610 pointed out to Schaub this morning that we're dead last in long pass attempts. 3rd and 10+? Let's run a draw or throw a 7-yd. route and pray. Maybe that'll work consistently agaisnt inferior competition, but not against a good/great defense.
Kubiak is the most predictible play caller in the league.
Old 09-23-2013   #28
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'm calm, but the Texans have some things to fix and haven't really gotten out of the slow start slump yet.

A. Special Teams - We finished dead last in 2012. If not for Bullock touchbacks and Lechler bombs, we might already be there in 2013. Lanes are evidently only for freeways.

B. Schaub - Two (and virtually a third) pick six in three games? At most, one of those was on the WR. You expect your QB to get you out of holes, not to dig them for you.

C. Injuries - Brown missing was noticeable almost immediately. False start the first series and inability to punch it in down close twice. AJ being out we worked around at home, but Schaub couldn't manage to find folks open once he went out in Baltimore.

D. Playcalling - Even 610 pointed out to Schaub this morning that we're dead last in long pass attempts. 3rd and 10+? Let's run a draw or throw a 7-yd. route and pray. Maybe that'll work consistently against inferior competition, but not against a good/great defense.

Our team momentum isn't trending "up" yet.
One thing I would add to this is defense is NOT forcing Turnovers. They are holding opponents down, but can only do so much with an innaffective offense.
Old 09-23-2013   #29
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

This "we should be 0-3" is a bunch of a crap. We made plays to win those games. Oh no, we had to make plays to win a game. It wasn't pretty. Who gives a crap? Teams make plays. That's what happens in the NFL. Good on paper doesn't translate to good on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Does that mean you have confidence in Schaub to execute that plan ?! I'm rapidly losing faith in him.
Absolutely. He's looked good when he's run an uptempo offense. If we get Schaub in a rhythm, I think he can be great.
Old 09-23-2013   #31
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
This "we should be 0-3" is a bunch of a crap.
Agreed. But the notion that the team could be 0-3 is different than should be. In other words, don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat.
Old 09-23-2013   #32
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
The Giants didn't.

Missed that one.

I feel better now.

Old 09-23-2013   #33
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I am calm

The Ravens game went as I expected it to based on history and what I consider to be a fair assessment of this team. They continue struggle against pretenders and continue to implode against contenders. While there are exceptions to this rule, for the most part, it's spot on. Fortunately, they are a good enough team to overcome the pretenders and in the past 2 years, that has equated to becoming the reigning NFL post season paper tiger. IMHO, that comes from a poor Special Teams component and a QB that is good. Not great, not elite.. Just good. I won't get down on Matt. All QB's will make mistakes and have bad games. Tell me the last time you saw a game that made you feel Matt was the reason the Texans won? ie, he carried the team to victory? And if so, who did they play?
Old 09-23-2013   #34
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. But the notion that the team could be 0-3 is different than should be. In other words, don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat.
I don't deny we have issues, no one that follows this team should deny that. However, every team has issues. That doesn't make ours any bigger than everyone else. 2-1 sure beats 0-3.

Hopefully something positive comes from this beating.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-23-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

This acceptance of mediocrity is sickening.

Gary Kubiak is Head Coach for life.

Almost a decade later and Kubiak is really no better of a HC than he was as a rookie. (Yes I know his clock management and challanges have gotten better.) I mean when has Gary ever held his AC's accountable? He fired Bush to save his own skin, under direct orders from BoB.

Bottom line for me is: if Gary was a true leader Coach Joe would've been gone a long time ago.

Coach Joe Must Go
Just pointing out how silly this sounds. We were rattling off the problems this team had from week 1. None of those problems went away, but we managed to win 12 games in spite of them. We won the division, we won a play off game.. & it don't matter to me who we beat. They were there, they got beat.

All because Kubiak does a good job of covering up our weaknesses.

We lose one game & we're talking about mediocrity..... that's silly. There are real issues here, to make sht up.... that's just, well.... silly.
Old 09-23-2013   #36
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I don't deny we have issues, no one that follows this team should deny that. However, every team has issues. That doesn't make ours any bigger than everyone else. 2-1 sure beats 0-3.

Hopefully something positive comes from this beating.
2-3, here we come.
Old 09-23-2013   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
All because Kubiak does a good job of covering up our weaknesses.
He also does a pretty good job of creating those weaknesses. This is his team. He built it, he coached it, he selected the asst coaches, and he even selected his GM.
Old 09-23-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I'm cool with trying more of that. Normally I would say well, we arent going to play a front 7 as talanted as the Ravens very often.....
We will be next week! Use that approach with the Seahawks, expect more pick sixes AND for Schaub to be killed!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #39
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
2-3, here we come.
Losing like THAT...especially when I live in the state, is bad. Even the damn cops at the gate were chirping in my ear this morning.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013   #40
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Absolutely. He's looked good when he's run an uptempo offense. If we get Schaub in a rhythm, I think he can be great.
Schaub needs some of what you are smoking!

Quote:
He also does a pretty good job of creating those weaknesses. This is his team. He built it, he coached it, he selected the asst coaches, and he even selected his GM.
I wonder how much of that is his QB .... We know he cant move well. He doesn't have a strong arm .... and from the looks of the last three games , he isn't reading defenses very well. I have to wonder if the league has figured him out.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read