Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ok everyone just calm down....

We started the season red hot last year, we were blowing teams away. Then came the end of the season where we lost 3 out of 4, barely scrapped by the bengals in the play-offs.

We are not playing very good football right now, everyone can see that and yet after 3 games we are still 2-1. Would you rather hit your peak at the start of the season or gain momentum towards the middle/end of the season. Every season the texans lay a big fat goose egg atleast once that makes you say WTF, yesterday was just that.

On the bright side this is not an 8-8 team at best like another thread states. Foster is looking like the old foster again, Watt is still watt, Cushing is playing like a mad man, Our Defense really isnt playing to terrible besides a few big plays. Its really the offense thats making life difficult for them. Reed finally played he got his feet wet and will only get better, which will make the whole secondary better. And despite what we saw yesterday our offense is pretty damn good.

We all wait for the games all week long, we all have expectations so it is no surprise we go out and play bad on Sunday and before you know it we are the new browns to a lot of our fans. Emotions are a funny thing, make you say and think stuff that is clearly not true. And those who are now saying this is a bad team, that is simply not true. We'll be fine !!!

On a side note did anyone else have trouble getting onto TT about half way through the game ?
Old 09-23-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We started the season red hot last year, we were blowing teams away. Then came the end of the season where we lost 3 out of 4, barely scrapped by the bengals in the play-offs.
Them Bengals are playing good ball right now. They eeked out a good one against Green Bay yesterday.

Quote:
We are not playing very good football right now, everyone can see that and yet after 3 games we are still 2-1. Would you rather hit your peak at the start of the season or gain momentum towards the middle/end of the season. Every season the texans lay a big fat goose egg atleast once that makes you say WTF, yesterday was just that.
I think I can understand some of the poor outlook a lot of us have. We started out red hot last year, despite glaring problems that did not get fixed as the season went on. We continued to win in spite of those problems, until they caught up with us in December.

Right now, it's hard to see any good will being built to allow for the fall in December & there's little reason to believe the powers that be have what it takes to right the ship.

Quote:
On the bright side this is not an 8-8 team at best like another thread states. Foster is looking like the old foster again, Watt is still watt, Cushing is playing like a mad man, Our Defense really isnt playing to terrible besides a few big plays. Its really the offense thats making life difficult for them. Reed finally played he got his feet wet and will only get better, which will make the whole secondary better. And despite what we saw yesterday our offense is pretty damn good.
That's another thing. It's not the offense. When we needed to, we've been able to march the ball down the field with relative ease. The problem, is that we don't play like that until we "need" to.

We should want to get down the field & score on every possession. You'd think the players & coaches know that, but at a very high level (even a layman can see it) there is a distinct difference between when we need to & when we want to. The Texans need to find a way to close that gap.

Quote:
We all wait for the games all week long, we all have expectations so it is no surprise we go out and play bad on Sunday and before you know it we are the new browns to a lot of our fans. Emotions are a funny thing, make you say and think stuff that is clearly not true. And those who are now saying this is a bad team, that is simply not true. We'll be fine !!!
I admire your support of your team. We need more like you. But is that the "fan" talking? Honest question, have you ever seen this team play better at the end of the season than it did at the beginning? Not beating up on the weaker teams at the end of the schedule, or winning games the other team couldn't care less about? I mean actually playing better football... the eyeball test.

It's been a long time since I've actually seen them play better in December than they did in September. I believe most of us know it, even though we're saying it in different ways, that's what upsets us.
Old 09-23-2013   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On a side note did anyone else have trouble getting onto TT about half way through the game ?
Yeah, Chrome kept telling me for a while it couldn't load TT then it would for a split second then it would disappear again. I just assumed the diarrhea Schaub was ejecting on the field hit the servers too. Really need to get him those Sheilds and Guards soon.

While I also agree it's not time to panic full bore yet. It's laughable to just sweep this under the rug at the same time (not that you're doing that but there are sunshine pumpers already emerging doing that).

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

My major concern right now is that save two plays, we're 0-3 right now.
Old 09-23-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
My major concern right now is that save two plays, we're 0-3 right now.
I was thinking save two plays we would be 3-0 right now.
Old 09-23-2013   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Them Bengals are playing good ball right now. They eeked out a good one against Green Bay yesterday.

I think I can understand some of the poor outlook a lot of us have. We started out red hot last year, despite glaring problems that did not get fixed as the season went on. We continued to win in spite of those problems, until they caught up with us in December.

Right now, it's hard to see any good will being built to allow for the fall in December & there's little reason to believe the powers that be have what it takes to right the ship.

That's another thing. It's not the offense. When we needed to, we've been able to march the ball down the field with relative ease. The problem, is that we don't play like that until we "need" to.

We should want to get down the field & score on every possession. You'd think the players & coaches know that, but at a very high level (even a layman can see it) there is a distinct difference between when we need to & when we want to. The Texans need to find a way to close that gap.

I admire your support of your team. We need more like you. But is that the "fan" talking? Honest question, have you ever seen this team play better at the end of the season than it did at the beginning? Not beating up on the weaker teams at the end of the schedule, or winning games the other team couldn't care less about? I mean actually playing better football... the eyeball test.

It's been a long time since I've actually seen them play better in December than they did in September. I believe most of us know it, even though we're saying it in different ways, that's what upsets us.

Well since they sare playing so poor now, this might be the year we actually do it, well thats what him hoping for.
Old 09-23-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not gonna calm down until I see a super bowl parade in downtown Houston. And I'll keep bitching and moaning about everything I don't like until then.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2013   #8
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry to be so negative but this really feels like 2010 to me. We had a couple last second wins, stumble to 4-2 and then the wheels really came off. The sky is not falling but we have some serious problems.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope , not gonna do it.

I'm done with the noodle armed statue of a QB.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Schaub isn't capable of leading this team to a Lombardi Trophy.

For the guy to be successful , everything else has to be perfect and in the NFL , you just cant expect that.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #10
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

We were 3-12 on third down this week, anyone want to pick out the 3rd down conversion attempts and break down what really went wrong?

- twice I saw 3rd and > 10 we ran the draw, and gave up (kubiak)
- twice I saw Matt throw a ball 2-3 yards short of the first down hoping they would pick this up (not sure who to blame here)

I don't have anything else on the rest but the above already makes me sick and kills me year in year out. Kubiak again plays the safe game.. Matt doesn't seem to skills at QB to get the tough 3rd down conversions. Of late he's been staring down his primary receiver hard core and not going through the progressions either. What's up with that?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #11
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Nope , not gonna do it.

I'm done with the noodle armed statue of a QB.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Schaub isn't capable of leading this team to a Lombardi Trophy.

For the guy to be successful , everything else has to be perfect and in the NFL , you just cant expect that.
QFT. I've been a Schaub apologist but I just can't do it anymore. We need a new QB.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly, I think the first two weeks were closer to defeats than victories. I guess we see Things differently

I'm satisfied with any sort of Progress at this point, but going into turtle mode whenever we start a game, I just Wonder...
Old 09-23-2013   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

ST coverage is a pile of hot garbage.

Offense slept walked through this entire game; that's a HUGE cause for concern.

To me, the Defense gets a pass. How many 3 and outs did they cause in the first half? Offense consistently started mid-field and proceeded to take dump right around there.

ST and Offense were responsible for 14/30 points the Ravens scored.

On the bright side Bullock went 3/3. Suddenly those long misses don't seem so pressing when the Offense is crapping the bed and rolling around in it.

One more thing, why does it take AJ going down to get Nuk the ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If Duane Brown comes back healthy, and the O-Line begins to gel.. We will be fine. We only go as far as that unit takes us.

And this in no way reminds me of 2010. That defense was the worst that the game of football has ever seen.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Love you man, but damn you have some rosey glasses on lol. You are Mr. Glass Half full.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
If Duane Brown comes back healthy, and the O-Line begins to gel.. We will be fine. We only go as far as that unit takes us.
I don't think we need to wait to see if Brown is going to be able to go... It's better if we assume the worse & act accordingly. We need to spread the defense, more 4 & even 5 wide sets out of the shotgun. Run uptempo dinks & dunks to get the ball moving.... can't depend on the pass protection.

Back the defense up... shift to an ACE set from the shotgun & stretch the crap out of the defense.
Old 09-23-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think we need to wait to see if Brown is going to be able to go... It's better if we assume the worse & act accordingly. We need to spread the defense, more 4 & even 5 wide sets out of the shotgun. Run uptempo dinks & dunks to get the ball moving.... can't depend on the pass protection.

Back the defense up... shift to an ACE set from the shotgun & stretch the crap out of the defense.
Does that mean you have confidence in Schaub to execute that plan ?! I'm rapidly losing faith in him.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm cool with trying more of that. Normally I would say well, we arent going to play a front 7 as talanted as the Ravens very often.....
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The first three games of this season are reminding me of the first three games of the 2010 season.
Old 09-23-2013   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

It could be worse.

At least we scored three field goals, Tampa Bay only scored one.

All other teams managed at least one TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read