Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2013   #41
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns want Ben Tate

I told my brother in law today that I think the reason Tate is getting so many carries this early, is because Kubiak is auditioning Tate, to show he is healthy, so they can trade him before the deadline....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #42
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure Foster is not currently healthy.

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #43
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Browns making big boy moves. Trading a mediocre back for a first round pick and then they're going to get a better back for a lower round pick.

If they can pull it off it'd be a great move for them.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #44
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Teams can wait for him to go RFA and hope they get him or they can guarantee they get him with a trade.
Again, can you think of a team with playoff expectations that's willing to part with a draft pick? Trades just aren't that common anymore and I'd rather see the Texans keep him for the season rather than trade him for a 4-7 pick. Tate is more valuable to the team now than any draft pick from those rounds are likely to be. Using him and abusing him this season and letting him walk in the offseason is my choice unless a team outside our division offers a 3rd or better. I'm personally against trading within the division unless it's with Jax. We all know their draft picks will be high in the round.
Old 09-23-2013   #45
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
They can have Foster instead.
i know you are serious but you shouldnt be. Although Foster has struggled a little and tate has appeared to be good, Tate has not been the starter for a full season, Foster has been a superstar player for us and we know he can take the grind of a long season. Tate has been hurt quite a bit considering the little amount of PT he has gotten. I take foster over tate any day of the week.

I look for foster to re find his dominance next week as he has looked better and better every week since week 1.
Old 09-23-2013   #46
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i know you are serious but you shouldnt be. Although Foster has struggled a little and tate has appeared to be good, Tate has not been the starter for a full season, Foster has been a superstar player for us and we know he can take the grind of a long season. Tate has been hurt quite a bit considering the little amount of PT he has gotten. I take foster over tate any day of the week.

I look for foster to re find his dominance next week as he has looked better and better every week since week 1.
For me it's not about Foster himself but the cap situation. People need to get less attached to Arian and remember the zone blocking scheme is just another running style and backs are almost interchangeable, do you get that big of a dropoff to pay $8M+ a year? I'd sign Ben for 4 million a year and then save the money for JJ Watt.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #47
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I told my brother in law today that I think the reason Tate is getting so many carries this early, is because Kubiak is auditioning Tate, to show he is healthy, so they can trade him before the deadline....
No Way! They aren't trading Tate. If he walks next year for a big contract, the Texans would be in line for a3rd or 4th round ompensatory pick. Why lose a valuable player in season?
Old 09-23-2013   #48
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
No Way! They aren't trading Tate. If he walks next year for a big contract, the Texans would be in line for a3rd or 4th round ompensatory pick. Why lose a valuable player in season?
Aren't compensatory picks at the end of the round? So hypothetically if they were to give us a 3rd or a 4th it'd be higher than the compensatory 3rd or 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #49
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58316 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Aren't compensatory picks at the end of the round? So hypothetically if they were to give us a 3rd or a 4th it'd be higher than the compensatory 3rd or 4th.
You are correct, but do you think that is worth losing his production for this year?
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #50
DieselDeac
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respectedDieselDeac is a quality contributor and well respected

They've wanted him since we took him at 58 and they took Hardesty at 59.

(different regimes, I know, but it's a funny coincidence).

My guess, we trade Tate for a 4th rounder if we continue to look like we are not a contender, and keep him if we show signs of life.

Trade deadline is Oct 29th, btw.
DieselDeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #51
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Seriously? You would rather have a 3rd of 4th compensatory pick than a 3rd or 4th round pick, maybe even a 2nd for Tate? Why keep a player you are not going to sign at the end of the year and can get something for him? they got Wood (That's what she said!) and can get a 3rd down back...

Sooo glad you are not the GM...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #52
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 175 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Instead trade Foster for a draft pick. He got paid and went into jerk mode like most do. Plus i personally think he's still hurt and not 100% and never will be.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #53
Coolhand_Luke
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Coolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. Even though I like him a lot, trade Ben Tate for a2nd and draft one on the O-line. Lord knows we need a few good men on the front.
Coolhand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #54
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

After his fumble cost us another game I doubt he sees the field much. If the Browns want him anyway we should ship his fumbling ass up there ASAP. Anything more than a 4th rounder or so would be more than we'll end up getting in a compensatory pick when they sign him in the offseason. Cierre Wood can do what Ben Tate does but better.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #55
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
After his fumble cost us another game I doubt he sees the field much. If the Browns want him anyway we should ship his fumbling ass up there ASAP. Anything more than a 4th rounder or so would be more than we'll end up getting in a compensatory pick when they sign him in the offseason. Cierre Wood can do what Ben Tate does but better.
Agreed...time to bring in the Wood!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #56
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hardly think Tate's fumble cost us the game, there was to much other stuff going on to pin the loss on Tate.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #57
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
what beer goggles were you wearing?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #58
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think the fumble cost us the game except maybe in that Kubiak benched him the rest of the game and we could have used him in the 4th. We still had the lead at that point and should have still been able to win the game. Kubiak's coaching cost us the game.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #59
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I don't put much blame on Tate. Sure, he should've held on to the ball, but I reckon most RBs would've fumbled in that situation. Having a player swat the ball from the backside would be hard to defend against, no matter the grip on the ball. We saw it on TV but no way he could've felt it coming
Old 09-30-2013   #60
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe "cost the game" is a little harsh but it was the same exact thing he did last year against Denver where his fumble turned the tide and let them right back in it. I wasn't wearing beer goggles as I was stone-cold sober so I know exactly what happened. Right after his fumble I bet my wife then and there that the Seahawks would come back within 6 points at least and even posted in the game thread that that fumble will be as costly as the one in Denver was.

Anyway, Tate won't be getting used much this season so I say ship him off while we can to a team that wants him. The leash Kubes has on Tate is more like a choke collar.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read