Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2013   #21
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OK, I'm starting to panic

that pick six reminded me of the pick six against the Ravens in OT in 2011 that cost the game.

As soon as it left the hand, it was destined to be picked....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #22
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Nobody blamed OD for the throw. I blamed OD for giving up on the play. Schaub made a poor throw. OD gave up on the play. The first is part of the game, the latter is unforgivable. The throw was in front of OD and he didn't make the play because he turned his back to absorb the hit.

The problem with Houston fans is that they don't actually analyze the play. The problem with "haters" is that they won't accept failure assigned to anyone but whoever their scapegoat is. Go watch the play and stop regurgitating the ignorant view that Schaub is responsible for the pick-six. Schaub threw a pick. It was six because the TE gave up on the play.

Mike
The first is all too common. The second never happens and it's crap to blame the receivers and ends for hi lighting all of Schaub's short comings if you really think OD gave up on the play. And if that is the case, perhaps they're tired of making Schaub look good and taking the blame when they can't don that super cape every game. Schaub isn't it. He doesn't have what's needed to get to the next level.

If those he throws to decided to stop going to super human lengths to make our mediocre quarterback look like a star, good for them! It'll expose Schaub for what he is and maybe a positive change can be made to get our team to where we all want them to be. People made every excuse for David Carr too...

Besides, watching the film over and Schaub is responsible for both pick 6 on the season. There's a huge difference between supporting your team and sticking your head in the sand.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
that pick six reminded me of the pick six against the Ravens in OT in 2011 that cost the game.

Schaub had heavy pressure from Ngata on that play. That doesn't absolve him from making the mistake. He should have thrown the ball away. But without any pressure whatsoever, he just sat back and fired the pick today without even looking at the LB. Unconscionable.
Old 09-22-2013   #24
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post

And we agree on something...
Old 09-22-2013   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like the end of last year, in the last 2 games Schaub has been throwing off of his back foot more and more.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #26
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
The first is all too common. The second never happens and it's crap to blame the receivers and ends for hi lighting all of Schaub's short comings if you really think OD gave up on the play. And if that is the case, perhaps they're tired of making Schaub look good and taking the blame when they can't don that super cape every game. Schaub isn't it. He doesn't have what's needed to get to the next level.

If those he throws to decided to stop going to super human lengths to make our mediocre quarterback look like a star, good for them! It'll expose Schaub for what he is and maybe a positive change can be made to get our team to where we all want them to be. People made every excuse for David Carr too...

Besides, watching the film over and Schaub is responsible for both pick 6 on the season. There's a huge difference between supporting your team and sticking your head in the sand.
If somebody on our team is "tired of making him look good" then I want them off of my team.

If I were in the army even thought that one of my troops was "tired of making someone else look good" I would have their ass the moment it showed up in their work. Your entire post is riddled with everything that happens in a cancerous locker room and poisons organizations.

You could bring Peyton Manning in here but if you have a bunch of players that have the attitude you describe you won't win squat.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #27
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Schaub had heavy pressure from Ngata on that play. That doesn't absolve him from making the mistake. He should have thrown the ball away. But without any pressure whatsoever, he just sat back and fired the pick today without even looking at the LB. Unconscionable.
BooHoo! National. Football. League. every QB faces pressure. Not every QB consistently gives their opponent a wrapped gift. Twice in three weeks. He should have been benched for someone more mobile and more accurate. For the team.
Old 09-22-2013   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Just like the end of last year, in the last 2 games Schaub has been throwing off of his back foot more and more.
The knee jerk reaction is to blame the foot injury. But the back foot is where the lisfranc occurred, right? Throwing off his back foot is an indication of not wanting to step into the pocket. I think the elephant in the room is that we have a gun shy QB. Maybe rightfully so. But, that's still not a good thing.
Old 09-22-2013   #29
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
If somebody on our team is "tired of making him look good" then I want them off of my team.

If I were in the army even thought that one of my troops was "tired of making someone else look good" I would have their ass the moment it showed up in their work. Your entire post is riddled with everything that happens in a cancerous locker room and poisons organizations.

You could bring Peyton Manning in here but if you have a bunch of players that have the attitude you describe you won't win squat.

Mike
When Matt isn't doing his part, and he isn't, those faults need to be exposed so they can be changed. Bury them with spectacular plays which would have been even more so had they been hit on target instead of behind the runner or in the dirt or 18 feet over their head or whatever and the root of the problem remains. Schaub needs to go.

For all you say about it taking 11, you sure are quick to defend 1 and put it on the other 10. The accuracy issues, the lack of mobility, the la k of speed, the telegraphing the play, the can only perform under ideal conditions are all on Schaub. The other 10 shouldn't have to take his blame nor should they continue to make him look better than he is. Cut the cancer out.
Old 09-22-2013   #30
Lucky

Quote:
BooHoo! National. Football. League. every QB faces pressure. Not every QB consistently gives their opponent a wrapped gift. Twice in three weeks. He should have been benched for someone more mobile and more accurate. For the team.
Wayne, I was referring to an interception from 2010. Try to keep up.
Old 09-22-2013   #31
waynegg
Veteran

And in all but three plays today, Schaub had three plus seconds of protection. How freaking long does he need? This ain't pewees.
Old 09-22-2013   #32
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
Wayne, I was referring to an interception from 2010. Try to keep up.
I'm talking about right now, when it matters. Something 3 years ago has no relevance to what's happening here and now. Point taken tough.
Old 09-22-2013   #33
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When Matt isn't doing his part, and he isn't, those faults need to be exposed so they can be changed. Bury them with spectacular plays which would have been even more so had they been hit on target instead of behind the runner or in the dirt or 18 feet over their head or whatever and the root of the problem remains. Schaub needs to go.

For all you say about it taking 11, you sure are quick to defend 1 and put it on the other 10. The accuracy issues, the lack of mobility, the la k of speed, the telegraphing the play, the can only perform under ideal conditions are all on Schaub. The other 10 shouldn't have to take his blame nor should they continue to make him look better than he is. Cut the cancer out.
Forget it man. While I have made it clear that Schaub cannot play the way he played today if we want to go anywhere. You apparently are not able to examine the team beyond the QB position. Schaub dragged the offensive sieve, I mean line, kicking and screaming through two weeks of terrible (especially Brooks) play. Today he was sub par and below the level that is acceptable if we want to go anywhere.

I will ignore other deficiencies and if we have a team that is tired of making people look good (which is funny that the mark of a great player has always been "makes others around him better") then somehow that's admirable. From now on I will look one level deep and avoid any analysis beyond what the drunk guy from section 616 offers every week so that I can avoid your sharp criticisms.

Mike

Old 09-22-2013   #34
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
The knee jerk reaction is to blame the foot injury. But the back foot is where the lisfranc occurred, right? Throwing off his back foot is an indication of not wanting to step into the pocket. I think the elephant in the room is that we have a gun shy QB. Maybe rightfully so. But, that's still not a good thing.
I don't think he's looked gun shy until today. I was at the game last week (in section 616) and he was moving around the pocket very well. He didn't step into a couple of throws but generally speaking if Brooks wasn't given help in pass pro he was in Matt's lap as he threw.

Mike

Old 09-22-2013   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As the Lisfranc back foot is used more and more over time, the "wear down" effect which includes pain and tenderness, will not allow push off to step up into the pocket. Nor will it allow the all-important push off into the throw for consistent accuracy/strength of pass. He will simply stand there on his back foot like a statue. This is all consistent with the duck passes we have been seeing him throw too often now........some behind the receiver, some way above, and some WTF-type of passes to a phantom receiver.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #36
waynegg
Veteran

He's never been consistently accurate. My loathe for him is far deeper than this season. He's an almost good quarterback who relies on his team to produce his stats and who settles for field goals after being first and goal on the 5 or less.

With a QB who covers Schaub's shortcomings you get:

Additional yards after the completion

Higher TD conversion in the red zone

A QB who has their own feet to make a play

A hurry up that can actually hurry up

A defense that gets regular periods of rest, which takes care of pass coverage. When was the last time you did sprints for 35 minutes solid without losing a step?

A special teams that is similarly rested. Sprinting the length of the field every 3 minutes in full pads seems to take it out of most people.

And wherever they send Schaub, let Bullock carry his bags.
Old 09-22-2013   #37
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As the Lisfranc back foot is used more and more over time, the "wear down" effect which includes pain and tenderness, will not allow push off to step up into the pocket. Nor will it allow the all-important push off into the throw for consistent accuracy/strength of pass. He will simply stand there on his back foot like a statue.
So it is likely the lingering effects of the injury? How can that get better?

OK, I'm starting to panic. For real.
Old 09-22-2013   #38
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
?..tired of making people look good (which is funny that the mark of a great player has always been "makes others around him better") then somehow that's admirable.
Making others look good =/= making others better
Old 09-22-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I get being upset. Football isn't about playing perfect, it is about people making plays that cover up the imperfections. .

Mike
great post. Unfortunately, if I agree with you that means you're smoking koolaid laced cigarettes.
Old 09-22-2013   #40
waynegg
Veteran

The positive deal is the Texans already have at least one QB who will accomplish what Schaub can't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read