Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2013   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I didn't have a 2nd choice, I don't believe in changing coaches for sake of change, only if there is a better alternative, Harbaugh was and so is David Shaw. Kubiak's decision to hire Frank Bush w/o interviewing one of several successful DC available told me Kubiak commitment to friends exceeded his commitment to excellence. IMHO Kubiak coaches soft. Some of Kubiak's success has come at the expense of Peyton Manning's broken neck and Jeff Fisher's departure from Tenn. Today those teams are much much better, and getting better every year. They have lots of money and no real salary cap problems.

Rick Smith is a GM in the mold of Scott Pioli. When Scott was in New England not Kansas City. Like the way Pioli was Belichick right hand man Rick Smith is Kubiak's right hand man. Kubiak has full control and final say on the 53 man roster, it's in his contract.
Your not always going to get your first choice and you have to fire your guy before you find out who you get. I liked Harbaugh too. So did everyone and he got to basically choose where he wanted to coach. You got to have a second choice or maybe you would of stuck with Kubiak as well?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read