Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2013   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I thought it was clear...

that the two main concerns with our squad AS IS, are the O-Line and OLB pass rush?

Well, the Oline goes from average to BAD immediately w/ out D Brown, and our OLB pass rush may be non existent all year im afraid.

Unless these areas improve its going to define our season this year. We are too fragile at QB and secondary, and we have to mask this as best we can w Strong Oline and pass rush.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I thought it was clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
that the two main concerns with our squad AS IS, are the O-Line and OLB pass rush?

Well, the Oline goes from average to BAD immediately w/ out D Brown, and our OLB pass rush may be non existent all year im afraid.

Unless these areas improve its going to define our season this year. We are too fragile at QB and secondary, and we have to mask this as best we can w Strong Oline and pass rush.
This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying
No doubt about it. But in regards to the team and QB we actually have and for what THIS season is worth... The Oline and pass rush have to improve for us to even have a chance. All is not lost if we can fix these areas. Meaning D Brown comes back and gains pro bowl form, rest of oline gels, and for crying outloud somebody steps up at the OLB positon.

Alot to ask right now.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #4
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of us are too slow to understand this simple fact I just wish Bob Mcnair wasn't.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ask kaepernick how this is working out for him right now..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This. this. THIS!

Schaub is the lynchpin to all this. Wades D is high risk/ high reward. Works best when your offense can score points and not give them to the opponents D every game.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #7
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Maybe Kaepernick is getting exposed...as for us, we look like the 3rd best team in the division so far.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the Texans than I was today...our shortcomings were magnified today, and if something is not done soon, this will be a long year.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2013   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
Maybe Kaepernick is getting exposed...as for us, we look like the 3rd best team in the division so far.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the Texans than I was today...our shortcomings were magnified today, and if something is not done soon, this will be a long year.
yeah, but we sure can move the ball between the 20's

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can see being the 2nd best behind the Colts, but until the Titans beat us we're still better than they are. I still think at the end of the season we'll still be winning the division.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But but but he's got a strong arm and He's mobile and he can run and He makes plays.......he's got a good defense behind him....the best o-line in the league. Whatever could be the problem...i thought this is all that was needed to be a great qb in the NFL..
Old 09-22-2013   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do the 49ers and Kaepernick have to do with this?

Lets see, the Texans go out and sign one of the 2 best P in NFL history and the ST's still allow a PR TD.

Coach Joe must go.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #12
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our QB play was bad, no doubt about it. Last week our QB play kept us in and ultimately won the game. Matt has to play like he did last week not like he did this week. I keep saying that and people keep saying I'm wrong but go back and look. Matt found a way to play well in spite of bad play around him last week. This week he played down to the lowest common denominator.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What do the 49ers and Kaepernick have to do with this?

Lets see, the Texans go out and sign one of the 2 best P in NFL history and the ST's still allow a PR TD.

Coach Joe must go.
Nothing really...it just illustrates what i've been saying all day.
Old 09-22-2013   #14
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I can see being the 2nd best behind the Colts, but until the Titans beat us we're still better than they are. I still think at the end of the season we'll still be winning the division.
It's Indy's division again.

Just cross out Manning and write in Luck and we get to re-live the last 10 years all over again.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #15
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He will just tell us he's seen a game called the super bowl.
Old 09-22-2013   #16
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

Just cross out Manning and write in Luck and we get to re-live the last 10 years all over again.
Insanity and we are expecting a different result with another qb that doesn't match up in no way to the competition.
Old 09-22-2013   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
He will just tell us he's seen a game called the super bowl.
Yeah.....cause that was all him.
Old 09-22-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post

Last year at this time the sunshine club was being chastised for enjoying being 3-0. They were told that they were lucky despite winning by double digits. The Colts are 2-1 now & it's the Colt's division?

They lost to Miami!!!
Old 09-23-2013   #19
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami looks surprisingly decent.

The Texans should still take the division though. I have that much faith at least. I think we'll be one and done if Schaub stays in.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Last year at this time the sunshine club was being chastised for enjoying being 3-0. They were told that they were lucky despite winning by double digits. The Colts are 2-1 now & it's the Colt's division?

They lost to Miami!!!
I don't remember saying we were lucky. I do remember pointing out flaws that would later come back to bite us in the ass. Poor outside pass rush, lulls I'm offensive production.

If I had to bet right now and my choices were texans sweep colts or colts sweep texans, I'm taking the colts.

I just have 0 faith in this team to do what we want them to do.

It's fine to look on the bright side too though. Me, I'm just saying how I feel like most here. And what I feel is that this team is stuck in neutral and pretty soon will start rolling backwards.

I agree 100% with Derrick ward in that Schaub is not the guy. I think we need a change there. I just don't feel it with Matt. Along with some other tangible things. I don't think that deep down everyone with the team has confidence in him either. They'll say it publicly, but I see it. They know that if the other team steps their game up Matt doesn't have another level to take his game to. They can only wish and hope one of his floaters is snagged out of the air by a receiver making a play. Or we call a screen pass that works to perfection and nets a big gain.

Matt is about as mediocre as they come. Not terrible enough to where he's a glaring blemish, but not good enough to where you see greatness in his play. You have to search the stat book to tell me why Matt is a good qb.

When we get rid of Matt I'd be more interested in the other problems. Until that time, I think we are just spinning our wheels. Every team is going to have holes in the damn. We just can't afford to have a qb that creates more holes and isn't good enough to cover any others up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read