Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2005   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default 2 BIG Tackles are UFA in 2006

Jon Runyan RT is UFA from Eagles

L J Shelton LT is UFA from Browna

wondering if they worth a look would definitely improve OL play
Old 12-11-2005   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe one.. if I remember correctly we had a shot at shelton last offseason and didn't. or something long the lines (I can't remember if he visited or canceled his visit here)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #3
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

runnyan is worth getting, but i doubt the eagles will let him walk
Old 12-11-2005   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need tackles; we don't play them anyway. We need more guards to fill in as we move the starters to the outside*

*this comment will be overcome by events as soon as Pendry is fired.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #5
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
runnyan is worth getting, but i doubt the eagles will let him walk

they might i dont see the eagles giving him alot of money the eagles are cheap like that. exceot when it come to donovan
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

LJ Shelton has been less than impressive throughout his career to this point. I believe it was posted on here that we took a look at him last year and chose to sign Victor Riley instead. If the Browns do not make an effort to re-sign him after this season, that should be all the indicator we need to avoid this guy.

Runyan would not be a bad pickup, from what little I know about him, but I doubt the Eagles will let him go. Do we have to make our draft decisions prior to signing a free agent?
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Get anyone who can help this horrible o-line. I would get both if i could.
Old 12-11-2005   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

If Runyan is avaliable, it because he's about to retire. Been in the league 10 years now, 11 next year. Not exactly someone you build around.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #9
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I'm looking forward to the free agent signing period. I hope there are several very good offensive linemen for the Texans to consider. Anyone know if there is any talk of a franchise type lineman in the draft?
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #10
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
I'm looking forward to the free agent signing period. I hope there are several very good offensive linemen for the Texans to consider. Anyone know if there is any talk of a franchise type lineman in the draft?
Texas Longhorns LT

73 Jonathan Scott 6-7 315 Sr.-3L OT Dallas, TX (Carter)

Jonathan Scott #73
Height: 6-7
Weight: 315
Class: Sr.-3L
Hometown: Dallas, TX (Carter)
· Awards bio and notes [PDF]

Big, athletic fifth-year offensive lineman who is one of the nation’s best tackles and a fourth-year starter … has earned All-Big 12 honors each of his three years at UT … combines the athletic ability to be an effective pass blocker with the size and strength to be an overpowering run blocker … has tremendous footwork and combines that with an 82-inch wingspan (6-10) ... also is the backup deep snapper … member of the Lombardi Award preseason watch list … tabbed preseason first-team All-America by Athlon, Blue Ribbon College Football Yearbook, Lindy's, Playboy, Street and Smith’s and The Sporting News … tabbbed the second-best tackle in the nation entering 2005 by The Sporting News … listed as the eight-best prospect entering the 2006 NFL Draft by Lindy's … named best offensive lineman and preseason first-team All-Texas by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … earned second-team All-America honors from The Associated Press and Sports Illustrated in 2004 … earned honorable mention All-America honors from Pro Football Weekly … also a consensus first-team All-Big 12 selection … graduated from UT in May 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in radio/television/film … has played in 38 career games and started 32 … has started the last 30 contests … started all 12 games in 2004 … allowed only one sack as a junior … started all 13 games at left tackle and was tabbed third-team All-Big 12 as a sophomore … played in all 13 games and started seven at right tackle in 2002 … tabbed honorable mention All-Big 12 in 2002 … … earned a spot on The Sporting News’ Big 12 All-Freshman team … worked at left tackle during his redshirt season in ’01 … a six-time member of UT’s Athletics Director’s Academic Honor Roll.
Old 12-11-2005   #11
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
Ferguson...
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #12
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I think Mel Kiper has D'Brickashaw Ferguson listed in his top ten players.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #13
Snapple
Veteran

He does. Ferguson will be a top-five pick, no matter who drafts him.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read