Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013   #21
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen."
Old 09-22-2013   #22
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

I'm here until gametime when I move to the TV. I have my long sleeved steel blue Texans shirt on which, btw, has NOT been washed since the Sunday before the Charger game.

With any luck, or I should say a lot of luck, this thing doesn't get washed all year. The longer this win streak keeps going the more likely I will no longer be able to wear it on Sundays without offending my brethren Texan fans should I decide to watch the game somewhere other than the house.
Old 09-22-2013   #23
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49032 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win with Bullock going 4-4, with 3 from over 40 yards.

Kid gets his confidence back, and we get the win.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Texans win with Bullock going 4-4, with 3 from over 40 yards.

Kid gets his confidence back, and we get the win.
I sure as hell hope our offense isnt that bad today.
Old 09-22-2013   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just win, baby!!! There ain't any style points in the NFL. I prefer a blowout win by the Texans but I'll take the W any way we can get it.
Old 09-22-2013   #26
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting to get nervous. Had my doubts about this matchup all week. Now its time to WORK. You will find me a happy man at 3-0. This board could be in the beginning of meltdown mode if we dont.

GO TEXANS!!! Win 19-16
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #27
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26601 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the secondary guys? Are you hoping to see them come alive today? Johnathan Joseph hasn't really played like a shutdown corner in a long time. In fact, I saw him getting beat on quite a few plays the first two games. His ability to cover the deep ball used to be his specialty.

I would like to see him shutting opposing WRs down like he used to do pre groin injury last year. Ever since he got hurt, which was evident in that primetime game against the Packers, I haven't seen the same All Pro player that he was in 2011.

If Joseph starts to shut down half the field like he used to do then our defense is going to become arguably the best in the league again. We're talking about an All Pro, aka a special player, one of the best at his position, that is playing like an average player right now. We need him to play like he used to in 2011.

Obviously, a stronger and consistent pass rush from our front seven would make life easier for Joseph and the entire secondary. But I want to see our best cornerback playing good football again.
Old 09-22-2013   #28
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Red- Houston @ Baltimore -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf [AK; HI]*
Blue - San Diego @ Tennessee -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Green - Cleveland @ Minnesota -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Grey- *NO GAME due to NFL rules

Officiating crew: John Parry

Flip card: Link
Old 09-22-2013   #29
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Jaworski stated Reed wont play on ESPN.

I still think he does.
I heard on espn radio that he was playing, and I read on another board D Brown IS A no go, any truth to that?
Old 09-22-2013   #30
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I heard on espn radio that he was playing, and I read on another board D Brown IS A no go, any truth to that?
Brown did not make the trip.
Old 09-22-2013   #31
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49032 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Reed is starting
Old 09-22-2013   #32
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26601 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is the Ravens backup RB today with Bernard Pierce starting?
Old 09-22-2013   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Reed is starting
Yeah, Suzy Coulter or whatever her beady-eyed last name is just reported Reed is playing and will start today. She cited John McClain and Adam Schefter as references.
Old 09-22-2013   #34
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131856 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Texans S Ed Reed and WR Andre Johnson both playing today vs. Baltimore.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #35
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, Suzy Coulter or whatever her beady-eyed last name is just reported Reed is playing and will start today. She cited John McClain and Adam Schefter as references.
Well this is where we see if our money was well spent, kinda like me i'm weary about buying a used washer machine, although it may look nice, never know what its gonna do until you start it for the first time.
Old 09-22-2013   #36
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Well this is where we see if our money was well spent, kinda like me i'm weary about buying a used washer machine, although it may look nice, never know what its gonna do until you start it for the first time.
Agreed. In another post I said Ed Reed was who I was going to watch - if playing. Now I know.

I like the analogy too. I'm worried he'll get out there and find the in-game gear (as in transmission) is nowhere to be found. Use it or lose it. Preseason is over for everybody else.
Old 09-22-2013   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Shaun Draughn.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #38
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Shaughn Draughn- cut by KC in training camp, signed as a free agent 2 weeks ago...heard he has fumble issues.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #39
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Agreed. In another post I said Ed Reed was who I was going to watch - if playing. Now I know.

I like the analogy too. I'm worried he'll get out there and find the in-game gear (as in transmission) is nowhere to be found. Use it or lose it. Preseason is over for everybody else.
Yeah IMO i think he will be fine and play very well for us this season. A pick by him today would be sweet
Old 09-22-2013   #40
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I sure as hell hope our offense isnt that bad today.
Why, did we sign another QB I haven't heard about?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read