Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2013   #61
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who does Nuk remind you of?

Fartrell Cluggins

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #62
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy Smith
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Forget what I said about Hop not breaking any ankles.

& check out this excellent article on BRB
Old 09-20-2013   #64
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
i'm in no way saying he is as good, or that he will ever be (we can hope though). To me his game resembles cris carter, its based on making catches and precise routes. You don't have to run a sub 4.4 to be special, and he is special.
fify

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #65
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295478 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Forget what I said about Hop not breaking any ankles.
That's downright embarassing.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #66
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& I must be missing it, 'cause I can't remember. I know he had a crossing route he turned into a 21 yard gainer... but nothing else I can think of as a memorable play.
Well then you haven't been paying much attention to him or his receptions..(because they haven't just been "jump balls"). Speaking of which, I really don't understand your criticism of his ability to "go up and get it" or your multiple posts talking about how we have to design our offense to just throw "jump balls" to him to make him productive in the stat category? That's completely false. You're taking one of his strengths and trying to make it a weakness for arguments' sake, when that argument doesn't even exist.

Quote:
I thought I saw his 40 as a 4.41, he just doesn't look that fast. When KeShawn shook that defender & sprinted up field..... that looked fast (4.34).
The site I use and a site that never fails me is NFL draft scout.. anytime you want to view what a player posted, google their name with NFL draft scout. They give you the combine #s and the pro day #s. For instance NFL.com has DeAndre running a 4.57 at the combine and that's completely false. That's what he ran at his pro day. He ran a 4.51 at the combine, which I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH. I'm no longer a "40 time guy" after watching Arian Foster out run DBs (who posted 4.3-4.4 times) with a posted 4.69. Rarely does a NFL player ever get to run unattested 40 yards down the field in a straight line. Seriously, I no longer give a crap about track stars.. I want football players who produce and that is DeAndre Hopkins. I've seen this team waste enough picks on "track stars"

Quote:
He's having a great year, don't get me wrong. I'm just not seeing the fundamentals that you see in Megatron, Andre, Fitz..... all the good ones. He doesn't remind me of any of them.
Are you confusing "fundamentals" with raw athletic talent"... I can't speak for CJ, because I didn't follow him in that draft or follow his team, but I do remember Fitz being one of the most polished receivers to come out in some time. However as blasphemous as this might sound. Coming out.. DeAndre Hopkins is WAY more "fundamentally" sound than AJ EVER WAS as a rookie. I went through the dark days and Dre was a saving grace, but the reason why he was a physical beast who was drafted behind the bust that was Charles Rodgers is because he was viewed as as a raw (all be it "beast") prospect.. and it showed early on.

Andre wasn't always the best pass catcher or route runner. Early on he was just a beast who David Carr who could throw a screen pass to against the titans and expect 10 yards.. Early on, people no forget a LOT of easy dropped passes. Athletic ability aside, between Hopkins and Johnson from day 1... Hopkins is EASILY the more pro ready WR and I think even Dre himself would tell you that.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-21-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #67
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& I must be missing it, 'cause I can't remember. I know he had a crossing route he turned into a 21 yard gainer... but nothing else I can think of as a memorable play.
Well then you haven't been paying much attention to him or his receptions..(because they haven't just been "jump balls"). Speaking of which, I really don't understand your criticism of his ability to "go up and get it" or your multiple posts talking about how we have to design our offense to just throw "jump balls" to him to make him productive in the stat category. That's completely false. You're taking one of his strengths and trying to make it a weakness for arguments' sake, when that argument doesn't even exist.

Quote:
I thought I saw his 40 as a 4.41, he just doesn't look that fast. When KeShawn shook that defender & sprinted up field..... that looked fast (4.34).
The site I use and a site that never fails me is NFL draft scout.. anytime you want to view what a player posted, google their name with NFL draft scout. They give you the combine #s and the pro day #s. For instance NFL.com has DeAndre running a 4.57 at the combine and that's completely false. That's what he ran at his pro day. He ran a 4.51 at the combine, which I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH. I'm no longer a "40 time guy" after watching Arian Foster out run DBs (who posted 4.3-4.4 times) with a posted 4.69. Rarely does a NFL player ever get to run unattested 40 yards down the field in a straight line. Seriously, I no longer give a crap about track stars.. I want football players who produce and that is DeAndre Hopkins. I've seen this team waste enough picks on "track stars"

Quote:
He's having a great year, don't get me wrong. I'm just not seeing the fundamentals that you see in Megatron, Andre, Fitz..... all the good ones. He doesn't remind me of any of them.
Are you confusing "fundamentals" with raw athletic talent"... I can't speak for CJ, because I didn't follow him in that draft or follow his team, but I do remember Fitz being one of the most polished receivers to come out in some time. However as blasphemous as this might sound. Coming out.. DeAndre Hopkins is WAY more "fundamentally" sound than AJ EVER WAS as a rookie. I went through the dark days and Dre was a saving grace, but the reason why he was a physical beast who was drafted behind the bust that was Charles Rodgers is because he was viewed as as a raw (all be it "beast") prospect.. and it showed early on.

Andre wasn't always the best pass catcher or route runner. Early on he was just a beast who David Carr who throw a screen pass to against the titans and expect 10 yards.. Early on, people forget a LOT of easy dropped passes. Athletic ability aside, between Hopkins and Johnson from day 1... Hopkins is EASILY the more pro ready WR and I think even Dre himself would tell you that.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-21-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Minnesota Chris Carter

Drew Pearson
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Ernest Givens
Old 09-21-2013   #70
Brett
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Brett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respectedBrett is a quality contributor and well respected

His routes remind me a lot of how Steve Largent played the game. Not overly fast or physical, but insanely smart and knew how to set up defenders for failure.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #71
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopkins is what Jacoby was supposed to be. Minus the alcoholism
Old 09-21-2013   #72
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Irvin?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #73
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Michael Irvin?
Good choice
Old 09-21-2013   #74
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully without the cocaine addiction and unbelievable inability to articulate himself.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #75
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

double post

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read