Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-19-2013   #101
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

Trent Richardson will be an absolute beast in Indy. I wanted throw up when I heard about this. Just another reason for me to hate Cleveland!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #102
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

TR will certainly help the Colts this season; I don't think there is any question about that. But whether this is a good deal for them in the long run is open for debate. I personally think that first round pick would have been better spent on something more pressing and more important than a RB, like OL.

So, I'm really not too excited and not too bummed out by this deal as far as the Colts go.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #103
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the short career life of most RB's, I'm thinking the Colts way overpaid for TR. He might be great for a short time but in the long run that 1st round pick could have been spent better else where on someone that would be with the team for alot longer. Also we've proven several times that a good RB can be found later in the draft. JMO, but this trade was a mistake by the Colts.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #104
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The AFCS just got a bit tougher. If the Texans are who we hope they are, they'll still take the division.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #105
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47294 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
With the short career life of most RB's, I'm thinking the Colts way overpaid for TR. He might be great for a short time but in the long run that 1st round pick could have been spent better else where on someone that would be with the team for alot longer. Also we've proven several times that a good RB can be found later in the draft. JMO, but this trade was a mistake by the Colts.
My thoughts exactly.
I remember seeing this guy at 'Bama, and yea he's really good and represents an upgrade over anybody they have at that position and will make the Colts better in the near term, but over the longer term I'm of the opinion that teams in the NFL should save those first round picks for corners, offensive tackles, and edge
rushers. But Indy will be better over the short run, I'll give them that.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
With the short career life of most RB's, I'm thinking the Colts way overpaid for TR...
RBs have short careers, because most of them suck. If you find a true franchise back, MJD, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, even Chris Johnson... you can get your money's worth.

If you're not a franchise guy, you're easily replaceable with the number of guys coming out of college.... pretty much like QB. You've got a very short time to prove you're difficult to replace.
Old 09-21-2013   #107
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
RBs have short careers, because most of them suck. If you find a true franchise back, MJD, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, even Chris Johnson... you can get your money's worth.

If you're not a franchise guy, you're easily replaceable with the number of guys coming out of college.... pretty much like QB. You've got a very short time to prove you're difficult to replace.
Chris Johnson before he got paid or after?
Old 09-21-2013   #108
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't have thought the Browns would be hurt so bad by losing Trent Richardson. I do believe the Colts are much better with Richardson but the teams are in two totally different spots.

I thought they would be fighting for a Wild Card spot this year. Now, trading Richardson & their QB change, I'm thinking you're more right than I am, but I'd like to see Hoyer before I say it.

Saying that I think they'll be fighting for a wild card doesn't mean I think they're great. I think the Steelers are in big trouble & I'm not high on Baltimore either. I've got Cincy winning the North. Texans winning the South, New England winning the East, & Denver winning the West.

Miami, KC, Indy, Cleveland, & Baltimore fighting for 2 spots.
Cleveland fighting for a wild card = LOL

Do you read the stuff you type before posting?

The Texans need to win the division,because I see K.C./ Miami/Baltimore as the wildcards, due to strength of schedule.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Cleveland fighting for a wild card = LOL

Do you read the stuff you type before posting?

The Texans need to win the division,because I see K.C./ Miami/Baltimore as the wildcards, due to strength of schedule.
Not a big difference between my list & yours. I just think the Ravens have taken a bigger fall than you.

Cleveland, Miami, Indy... I think they're in that same bucket/tier.... maybe not so much with Richardson leaving Cleveland & after Thursday's game, I may be upgrading KC. Their defense looks to be better than average. Offensively, they've got some things to work out, but I think they will with the talent they've got & their schedule is week. They'll probably easily take the first wild card, with Cleveland, Miami, Indy fighting for the other.
Old 09-21-2013   #110
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

And the expected trashing of TR to justify the trade begins...

Cleveland Browns ex-LB Scott Fujita says Trent Richardson was late for treatments, failed to engage with teammates and came off as high maintenance

Quote:
Fujita's remarks echo the sentiments of one Browns starter who anonymously told NFL.com that Richardson "has some things he needs to figure out before he becomes a dominant player ion the league...''
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #111
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts obviously think TR is special. If he is then the Colts solved the RB situation for the next 6-8 yrs.

As far as low 1st rd picks go (Which is what the Colts should have) they couldn't have found anybody better than Richardson.

I've heard that this class is deep at OL and DB's.

If a player falls into the late 1st, early 2nd then you can bet Grigson will take the risk of trading a 2014 2nd and a 2015 2nd/3rd to move up and take the player that Grigson likes. I love risk takers and Grigson is slowly but surely putting the pieces in place to make the Colts legit SB contenders for yrs to come.

Watching how the Colts do business vs how the Texans do business makes me sad. LOL
Old 09-21-2013   #112
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
As far as low 1st rd picks go (Which is what the Colts should have) they couldn't have found anybody better than Richardson.
And this is based on what because it sure isn't the NFL?

Let's see:

Doug Martin
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Ray Rice
Jamaal Charles
DeAngelo Williams
MJD
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Willis McGahee
Larry Johnson
Old 09-21-2013   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I think it's interesting that the Browns didn't have anyone on their roster they were comfortable starting before they made this trade. That's assuming they're expecting McGahee to start.

I liked Ogbanaya at Texas, & thought he could do well in our system behind Arian & Tate.. but the Texans chose to go with Forsette.... who I also liked.

If nothing else, this has made the Browns interesting this year. This could very well be a turning point for them.
Old 09-21-2013   #114
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
And this is based on what because it sure isn't the NFL?

Let's see:

Doug Martin = TR
LeSean McCoy > TR
Matt Forte = TR
Ray Rice > TR
Jamaal Charles >
DeAngelo Williams < TR
MJD < TR
Frank Gore < TR
Steven Jackson < TR
Willis McGahee < TR
Larry Johnson
= TR

These are my opinions of these RB's in relation to TR. Only 3 are/were better than TR. So he was well worth the gamble. IMHO

Most all were late 1st early 2nd rd picks. Which is where the Colts think they will be picking and they are getting TR this yr. They dont have to wait and hope a RB of Richardson fall to them in next yrs draft.
Old 09-21-2013   #115
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Richardson certainly could provide a boost and another dimension to the Colts' offense. The AFCSouth may have become a bit more competitive.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #116
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you took away the draft status, he's really just another guy. Probably a little better than Mark Ingram. His "upside" is why he's worth a 1st rounder.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #117
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Was a terrible move for the colts. I didn't even get the Richardson hype coming out of college. Hes nothing special. Hes ok, but there are better backs for cheaper. Heck, if take Bradshaw over Richardson all day.

Colts going to be stuck with luck doing everything just like with manning with moves like that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #118
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Trent not looking good so far.
Old 10-18-2013   #119
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Trent not looking good so far.
Yeah, the Colts would have been better off spending that pick on an O-Lineman to protect Luck and open holes for any number of less expensive RB options. Score this a -1 for Irsay the GM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #120
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Said it in another thread. Trent Richardson has no explosion, no vision and is an average (and that's being nice) at best running back. A poor man's Legarrette Blount.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read