Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2013   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEATHERHEAD View Post
Had to buy Diapers..and food for that baby..should have used a Raincoat
Pretty sure he had been already left Tennessee and signed with the Texans by the time Zeniah came along.
Old 09-20-2013   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Honesty. Refreshing. Most guys lie about it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm horribly shocked that Foster is being proved to be a normal human, and not Gaudi or someone. My give-ah-$hitter wouldn't budge on this one.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #24
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meanwhile water is still wet. In 2013 I am not surprised at any player admitting he received money especially a player from one of the BCS conference schools.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
#Texans' Arian Foster wouldn't put percentage on number of football players accepting money. But he added it's obvious it's happening.

#Texans' Arian Foster said he thought about repercussions of speaking out and was fine with them. Said #NCAA has student-athletes hoodwinked

#Texans' Arian Foster said it's not fair that #NCAA officials have BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes and players don't get paid for anything.

#Texans' Arian Foster reference #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant's interraction with Deion Sanders as proof of hypocrisy of #NCAA system.

#Texans' Arian Foster said he isn't trying to throw anyone under the bus. Spoke up because of injustice of #NCAA system. Wants change.

#Texans' Arian Foster stands by comments. Called #NCAA "big bullies" and he's not scared of them. #NFL
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
"They have us hoodwinked into thinking taking money is wrong" Arian Foster #Texans

Arian Foster: "I feel like I shouldn't have to run from the ncaa anymore" #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Foster said he didn't receive money from a coach. He wanted to eat. $87 a month is what he received to feed himself on weekends from NCAA

Arian Foster addressed the media about accepting money at UT. he was great. Honestly made great points about the injustice of NCAA. #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #26
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather hear more about Foster's great production than hear him complain about playing time, talking about taking money in college and what not. I sure don't hear about him in the same light as I used to
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #27
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

"#Texans' Arian Foster said it's not fair that #NCAA officials have BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes and players don't get paid for anything."

Now he just sounds like a little b i tch.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I'd rather hear more about Foster's great production than hear him complain about playing time, talking about taking money in college and what not. I sure don't hear about him in the same light as I used to
He's probably just pissed cause Tate is running better than him right now. Give him time.

Old 09-20-2013   #29
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
"#Texans' Arian Foster said it's not fair that #NCAA officials have BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes and players don't get paid for anything."

Now he just sounds like a little b i tch.

I agree the kids get plenty of nontaxable financial benefits
Old 09-20-2013   #30
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
He's probably just pissed cause Tate is running better than him right now. Give him time.

I understand and personalities are different but I'd rather see him put his head down and work
Old 09-20-2013   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
I understand and personalities are different but I'd rather see him put his head down and work
I think before very long we will see Foster back to his old ways of racking up a lot of yards and TDs. I have confidence in him.

Old 09-20-2013   #32
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bloody hell; why the hate for #23? He just came out and told the truth.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #33
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I'm not a big fan of college football right now. It goes on everywhere, some are just better at not getting caught and when an institution gets caught its some big whoopdy do, like, oh my god, they're cheating! No shiate, they're all doing it. I'll take the NFL any day, thank you, no doubt what's going on there and nobody is under any misguided dilusions.
Old 09-20-2013   #34
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I had a brief stint playing College ball and had two brothers who played a lot in College. They never needed extra money because they used what was given to them through their scholarships. They knew if they left the campus they were on their own. Granted, this was many years ago.

I'm not sure what can happen to UT this far after the fact, but wonder if Foster has given it any thought. Great, you aren't scared of the big bad NCAA anymore, but what about the program
Old 09-20-2013   #35
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree the kids get plenty of nontaxable financial benefits
Examples please...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster wasn't a highly sought after recruit.
He only played RB one year in HS.
One of the coaches had to lobby real hard for Fulmer to even watch Foster's tapes; he was the lowest rated RB in that RB draft class for the Vols.

The cafeteria doesn't open all the time.
Between school (he graduated), practice, training, I can see these athletes' need to have their own food at times.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Eh, I had a brief stint playing College ball and had two brothers who played a lot in College. They never needed extra money because they used what was given to them through their scholarships. They knew if they left the campus they were on their own. Granted, this was many years ago.

I'm not sure what can happen to UT this far after the fact, but wonder if Foster has given it any thought. Great, you aren't scared of the big bad NCAA anymore, but what about the program
Did you or your brothers need to send money back home for mom to make ends meet and to help out with the siblings behind??

Everyone's situation is unique.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #38
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Examples please...?

Food, housing, education, books, tutors I'm sure there are plenty more
Old 09-20-2013   #39
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Bloody hell; why the hate for #23? He just came out and told the truth.
Because he is whining that a long-employed man has a better car than he does.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Foster wasn't a highly sought after recruit.
He only played RB one year in HS.
One of the coaches had to lobby real hard for Fulmer to even watch Foster's tapes; he was the lowest rated RB in that RB draft class for the Vols.

The cafeteria doesn't open all the time.
Between school (he graduated), practice, training, I can see these athletes' need to have their own food at times.
It was open when it needed to be open. Athletes are fed like kings. I gained 20lbs in my short stint. My two brothers gained close to 200 lbs between them. The elder one went in at around 235 and left at 345. I mean, unless you're a raging pothead, there's plenty of food throughout the day.

FWIW, it doesn't bother me one bit that he took money. I just don't buy the "needed food" and crap

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read