Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-19-2013   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to join Texans Talk Pick 'em

It seems like every game that is a tough pick, my team always falls into a 10-0 hole within 5 minutes of the opening kickoff.

Belated congrats to HOU-TEX and GlassHalfFull, the winners of weeks 1 and 2, respectively.
Old 09-19-2013   #22
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a lot of people in striking distance...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #23
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43558 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a tough week for picks, a lot of movement can happen in the standings.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #24
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
For the first, and most likely the last, time:

sits in the #1 spot.

msr

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #25
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a mess last week was for most of us. Man! To make it worse many of us, myself included, seemingly had two games in the bag (GB/Cin, Atl/Mia) only to see it go away in a puff of smoke. Minnesota screwed us all...lol.

Congrats to TD, this week's winner with 11 right, and kmg365, who had 11 right as well, but was clipped in the tie-breaker.

Watch, this week's going to suck too. That goes for Survivor as well.
Old 09-25-2013   #26
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
What a mess last week was for most of us. Man! To make it worse many of us, myself included, seemingly had two games in the bag (GB/Cin, Atl/Mia) only to see it go away in a puff of smoke. Minnesota screwed us all...lol.

Congrats to TD, this week's winner with 11 right, and kmg365, who had 11 right as well, but was clipped in the tie-breaker.

Yep Minnesota got me in both leagues
Old 09-25-2013   #27
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm already gone in the Survivor league. Three weeks; three strikes.
Hahahahahaha

I'm really angry at myself in the pick 'em league because the first two weeks I outsmarted myself into at least half a dozen bad picks. That's what I get for listening to the talking heads
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm already gone in the Survivor league. Three weeks; three strikes.
Hahahahahaha

I'm really angry at myself in the pick 'em league because the first two weeks I outsmarted myself into at least half a dozen bad picks. That's what I get for listening to the talking heads
I've got two strikes. I think I'm just going to pick against the jags from here on out.
Old 09-25-2013   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've got two strikes. I think I'm just going to pick against the jags from here on out.
Yeah... do that. That desperation strategy worked so well for me when I picked against the Browns.

Hey if it doesn't work, Indy loses. If it does work, you're still golden.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #30
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I did terrible last week in pick-em but I'm still unscathed in Survival. This week looks tough since most of the teams I like enough to pick this week are on the road. Eight of the home teams this week are underdogs so there are bound to be a few upsets.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've had a brutal go of it also but the bright side is that I tend to like the league more when it is unpredictable and there is a/some real shift in power going on. The AFC is looking stronger this year and the NFC isn't nearly as strong as most of us perceive methinks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #32
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I thought last week was the week I would make a big push up the ladder. So much for that thought.

I'm usually gone by now in Survival but so far so good. No red Xs yet. I repeat, YET.

Old 10-02-2013   #33
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yeah, I thought last week was the week I would make a big push up the ladder. So much for that thought.

I'm usually gone by now in Survival but so far so good. No red Xs yet. I repeat, YET.
It shows you have one strike in the Survival league. You picked Buffalo week 3.
Old 10-28-2013   #34
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Ottawa RedBlacks with the perfect week in pick-em. If I find out which poster that is I will hit him up with some rep.
Old 10-29-2013   #35
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43558 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I had a good week with 10 correct picks, but I see I dropped 5 spots. You guys are good.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #36
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Well i forgot to pick this week... there goes this Yr
Old 01-19-2014   #37
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

With Denver winning today I'm locked into getting 4th.
Old 01-19-2014   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
With Denver winning today I'm locked into getting 4th.
Good job. I fell off in the last quarter of the season and am locked into 13th.

I'm considering firing myself and looking for a replacement self so I can crack the top 5 next season. (I'll bet I end up wanting too much freedom of my picks and too much money, though)
Old 02-03-2014   #39
drs23 
Veteran

Congratulations to Luck Guess as the Texans Talk Pick 'Em league for the 2013/14 league year! Let me know your TT screen name and will REP.

Thanks to all that participated and am looking forward to next year when we can just pick the Texans every game with no reservations! ;^)

Your Commish,

drs23

Old 02-03-2014   #40
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Congratulations to Luck Guess as the Texans Talk Pick 'Em league for the 2013/14 league year! Let me know your TT screen name and will REP.

Thanks to all that participated and am looking forward to next year when we can just pick the Texans every game with no reservations! ;^)

Your Commish,

drs23
Lucky Guess is....Lucky (surprise).

Took the Texans to win 8 times this season. I was right twice, and finished 10-6 on Texans games. Still can't believe they were that bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read