Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2013   #21
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders QB Rankings: Schaub #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If they didn't think we were ready for it, I'm sure they wouldn't do it. They'll probably ixnay the wide split thing if Duane Brown's injury is more serious than we know right now.
Are Oline schemes something you can just change in mid-season? Thought stuff like that relies so heavily on everyone being on the same hymn sheet that it takes the entire offseason to put into practice?

In Ryan Harris I think they have their man to replace D Brown to a passable level. From what I read brown can't be expected to be the man we know him to be due to the turf toe, I'd rather he takes it easy for a little while to try and be ready come December/January/February personally.

It's the type of injury that won't get any better playing on it and Harris, though not ideal, was good enough at RT last season to help us put up 13 wins, we can win with him in there, we won't win the Super Bowl with below par LT play later in the season though.

As for Schaub, this ranking is bull**** at this point in the season, there is no rhyme and reason to it, you wanna say 3 INTs in 2 games accounts for his low ranking? Eli sits several places above with 7. And has fewer TDs. And he's not above Schaub due to mobility either lol.

Makes me seriously doubt their rankings later in the season when the sheer weight of stats muddy the waters and it becomes less easy to question.

Away from this ranking, ill give Schaub the respect he deserves for 2 comeback wins, poise, knowledge of scheme, ability to get the ball to players not named AJ, etc right now but ill have in the back of my head how impressive he was at the start of last season.

We all know that he's susceptible to taking that one big hit at any time and then we're done for the season, I'm over the "injury prone" tag, dude just has a way of taking horrible hits which either limit his productivity, or knock him out of the game altogether. Last season I think we had a triumvirate of the lingering lisfranc issues, that shoulder injury he took, and the lack of a preseason leading to him hitting a wall down the stretch.

I think the dude can win the big one with the amount of talent around him, I'm holding my breath that he remains totally healthy because he's capable when healthy, and below average when not.

Some guys are good enough that unless the injury is unplayable, you won't see a decline in their ability to win games, it's not the case with Schaub because he's above average rather than elite.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122435 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There's another thread on the board, "We don't look as good as the Broncos" the primary theme running throughout that thread is that this is only week 2.

I just posted a thread in which footbal outsiders (the same people who put together this list) has Andre Johnson ranked 48 out of 85 WRs. Hopefully people who view that thread will recognize that it's only week 2.

When it's all said & done, after week 17, my money is on Andre being closer to 1 than 85 (I'm thinking top 10), Schaub being closer to 1 than 32 (I'm thinking top 10), & the Houston Texans looking better than the Denver Broncos.
Exactly. I watched Showtimes Inside the NFL last night and nearly got sick listening to them slobber all over Manning and Seattle placing them both in the Superbowl already. When the question came up to who can challenge Denver they all said no one. You would think morons all over would learn from last season: the Ravens were mediocre garbage until the season was halfway done. Texans, Broncos and Pats were ALL going to the Superbowl.

Today after the Richardson deal the Colts are winning the AFC South hands down.....really??

I am no longer going to try and argue my point because it gets me know where fast. You know what would put the biggest ****ing smile on my face? the Jags to win Sunday and the Raiders beat the Broncos on Monday. Not probable but oh the 180's would be glorious!

It is only week 2.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
...and the Raiders beat the Broncos on Monday. Not probable but oh the 180's would be glorious!
I've got the Raiders beating the Broncos outright.

Can't explain why, I just gotta feeling.

:$$:
Old 09-19-2013   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102277 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sorry, I can see I didn't make it clear..........I was referring to his run ranking.
Na it was pretty clear...
Old 09-19-2013   #25
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ Andre Johnson being ranked so low after two games considering the two amazing games he's had.

What a pathetic, wretched, bull**** excuse for a sports analysis site. Garbage.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I would like to see their calculations. AJ is 7th in yards having only played 1.5 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yep, and 4th in 20+ yard receptions, 1st in receptions, with no dropped passes.

Sometimes made up statistics are just that... made up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
lol @ Andre Johnson being ranked so low after two games considering the two amazing games he's had.

What a pathetic, wretched, bull**** excuse for a sports analysis site. Garbage.

Oh it gets better... according to this site Reggie Bush, Chris Ivory, and R. Mendenhall are better RBs than Adrian Peterson.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 293187 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Oh it gets better... according to this site Reggie Bush, Chris Ivory, and R. Mendenhall are better RBs than Adrian Peterson.

How much is the subscription? Ima gonna break my piggy bank.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #28
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this stat;
The Texans are 22-8 in the last 30 games Matt Schaub has started for them.

Only the great and powerful Tom Brady (24-6) has a better record in the last 30 games started than Matt Schaub.

Aaron Rodgers 21-9
Matt Ryan 21-9
Peyton Manning 21-9
Drew Brees 19-11

It used to be that Schaub could throw for 4,770 yards, leading the league, and get crap because he wasn't winning. Well, now he wins and he still gets crap. This is a damn good QB that's just never going to win people over because he doesn't throw like Tom Brady or doesn't run like Colin Kaerpernick.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #29
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Speedy, he can win people over if the Texans win the Super Bowl. That's really what it all comes down to. Houston fans will praise Matt Schaub and be a fan of his for a lifetime, even after he's long retired, if he's able to deliver a Lombardi Trophy to this city.
Old 09-19-2013   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 262799 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Speedy, he can win people over if the Texans win the Super Bowl. That's really what it all comes down to. Houston fans will praise Matt Schaub and be a fan of his for a lifetime, even after he's long retired, if he's able to deliver a Lombardi Trophy to this city.
There are some people who won't give him credit even then.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #31
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Who are these people? They should be ashamed of themselves if that's true.
Old 09-19-2013   #32
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are plenty of people who will be talking about Trent Dilfer and planning QB draft picks "before the window closes."
Old 09-19-2013   #33
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

These analytical stats crack me up. I don't think Schaub is the greatest QB, but I would probably print this crap up and wipe my butt with it if it was possible.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Quote:
Who are these people? They should be ashamed of themselves if that's true.
There will be plenty of them, especially on this board. If it were to ever happen "those people" would give credit to everyone including the water and ball boys, except him.

Old 09-19-2013   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 293187 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I like this stat;
The Texans are 22-8 in the last 30 games Matt Schaub has started for them.

Only the great and powerful Tom Brady (24-6) has a better record in the last 30 games started than Matt Schaub.

Aaron Rodgers 21-9
Matt Ryan 21-9
Peyton Manning 21-9
Drew Brees 19-11
Yeah, but.....

and then...

so there.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
It used to be that Schaub could throw for 4,770 yards, leading the league, and get crap because he wasn't winning. Well, now he wins and he still gets crap. This is a damn good QB that's just never going to win people over because he doesn't throw like Tom Brady or doesn't run like Colin Kaerpernick.
It's still about winning. It's just that he needs to win bigger games.
Old 09-19-2013   #37
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 46216 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been convinced for awhile now that Matt Schaub is to the 2000s what Ken Anderson was to the 1970s. I'm fine with that. He's the best QB this town has seen in 20 years.

I need Matt to take us to the super bowl, though.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
There will be plenty of them, especially on this board. If it were to ever happen "those people" would give credit to everyone including the water and ball boys, except him.

Unfathomable. I can't even imagine anyone doing that. They haven't even seen the water boy or the ball boy play yet.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #39
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Through the opening two weeks, Matt Schaub has helped put the Texans into holes, then helped dig the team out. The end result is a 2-0 record. That's the stat that matters.
Old 09-19-2013   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah, but.....

and then...

so there.
Yeah!!
whut he sed.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read