Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-19-2013   #81
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I worry anytime a division rival gets a RB of this caliber, but at the end of the day it cost them a round 1 draft pick. A DeAndre Hopkins, A Duane Brown, a Brian Cushing. And we sit here with Arian Foster and Ben Tate for a combined 2nd round pick.
I get what you're saying, but with the Colts hoping to be picking in the late 20's early 30's getting a player as good as Richardson is unlikely. Downside for Colts is that this move probably wont land them in the SB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #82
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Fortunately for Trent, since he's now with the Colts, he'll never again learn about these type of things on the radio. He'll learn about them via the owner's Twitter account.
Old 09-19-2013   #83
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And this is what class looks like, Lombardi:

Richardson told WOIO-TV,
Quote:
"Itís weird to me. At the same time, itís a business. Their group there, they know what theyíre doing. Browns fans, please get behind them 100 percent, donít lose no fan base over this, still root for them. Keep hope. Because itís going to happen. The Browns are going to be good for a while when it does happen.Ē
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #84
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I get what you're saying, but with the Colts hoping to be picking in the late 20's early 30's getting a player as good as Richardson is unlikely. Downside for Colts is that this move probably wont land them in the SB.
Running backs are a dime a dozen, especially these days when the NFL is becoming more and more pass oriented. Of course before I'd congratulate the Browns on a smart trade, I'd have to ask them what the hell were they thinking when they used the #3 overall in the 2012 Draft on this guy ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #85
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be ok. We play in a division where we face Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew twice a year. We somehow manage to survive that and Richardson scares me no more than either of those guys.
Old 09-19-2013   #86
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting angle on this listening to Cleveland sportswriters podcast...

What's the best way for Lombardi & company to buy themselves 3 years of job security suckling at the money teet of owner Jimmy Haslam... ? Throw in all your cards and start a rebuild again.
Old 09-19-2013   #87
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It will be ok. We play in a division where we face Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew twice a year. We somehow manage to survive that and Richardson scares me no more than either of those guys.
And Jones-Drew didn't look so hot coming off his Lisfranc (not surprising, especially since it was a very delayed, conservative treatment failure surgery), even before this recent ankle injury, so I'm not so sure how much of a factor he plays this year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #88
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

PFF's fantasy take on TR is interesting...
Quote:
What this means for Trent Richardson

In Cleveland, Richardson was a talented back that was held back by the players around him. In 2012 he averaged 3.6 yards per carry and that was down to 3.4 early in 2013. On the plus side, heís forced 14 missed tackles on him, which is tied for the best in the league so far.

One of Richardsonís biggest problems has been facing eight defensive players in the box too often. By defining players in the box as all defensive linemen, linebackers and safeties within eight yards of the line of scrimmage, Richardson faced eight or more men on the box on 52.6 percent of his carries. On those carries, he averaged just 3.2 yards per carry. When it was seven or fewer in the box, that was up to 3.9 yards per carry. With Andrew Luck at quarterback, teams canít put eight in the box to stop Richardson as often as they used to.

In Indianapolis, the Colts have used 11 personnel (aka three receiver sets) on 46.2 percent of their offensive plays. This should only go up with Dwayne Allen landing on injured reserve. Teams typically respond to three receiver sets with a nickel defense (only six men in the box). Richardson has had 42 carries in those situations, and has averaged 4.8 yards per carry.

In Indianapolis he should get a similar number of opportunities. He will be used as a feature back, but will get taken out in some passing situations. Richardson has allowed five pressures this year which is the most for all running backs. Ahmad Bradshaw, meanwhile, is one of the best pass blocking backs in the league. This will prevent Richardson playing 80 percent or more of the teams snaps, but he will still get most of the carries.
Old 09-19-2013   #89
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradshaw and Richardson should be a great 1-2 punch. I wasn't worried about the Colt running game much, but now they have something that at least looks great on paper.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #90
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Gabbert + MJD < Locker + CJ < Luck + Richardson/Bradshaw
Old 09-19-2013   #91
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68517 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

All I will say is that this about as obvious an attempt at a "we need to suck worse than jax" move to position themselves for Manziel or Clowney I think I have ever seen.

I have no idea how Browns fans do it. I wouldn't buy a ticket to their product, but they keep showing up, god bless em.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #92
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
All I will say is that this about as obvious an attempt at a "we need to suck worse than jax" move to position themselves for Manziel or Clowney I think I have ever seen.

I have no idea how Browns fans do it. I wouldn't buy a ticket to their product, but they keep showing up, god bless em.
Have you ever been to Cleveland? What the hell else is there to do but be a Browns fan. For better or for worse.

I agree with your statement though. Suck for Clowney just doesn't have the same ring though, does it?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #93
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I see this as helping Texans as it takes a first away from Colts. I doubt Richardson helps much and even less as he continues to get banged. He could be better. He could be worse.
Old 09-19-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

I wouldn't have thought the Browns would be hurt so bad by losing Trent Richardson. I do believe the Colts are much better with Richardson but the teams are in two totally different spots.

I thought they would be fighting for a Wild Card spot this year. Now, trading Richardson & their QB change, I'm thinking you're more right than I am, but I'd like to see Hoyer before I say it.

Saying that I think they'll be fighting for a wild card doesn't mean I think they're great. I think the Steelers are in big trouble & I'm not high on Baltimore either. I've got Cincy winning the North. Texans winning the South, New England winning the East, & Denver winning the West.

Miami, KC, Indy, Cleveland, & Baltimore fighting for 2 spots.
Old 09-19-2013   #95
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68517 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Have you ever been to Cleveland? What the hell else is there to do but be a Browns fan. For better or for worse.

I agree with your statement though. Suck for Clowney just doesn't have the same ring though, does it?
I call it "clown for clowney."

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #96
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

clownin for clowney. I like it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #97
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
When Browns signed RB Trent Richardson, they gave him a $13,341,672 signing bonus. Money's gone, gone, gone.
Old 09-19-2013   #98
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Sure, I'd agree with that. Regardless I'm not ready to just concede the division to the Colts. The sum isn't always greater than the pieces. There's more to having an awesome running game than just having a great back (and that's not to say that Richardson is indeed a "great" back).

Lets play and then decide how worried we should be.
Old 09-19-2013   #99
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Sure, I'd agree with that. Regardless I'm not ready to just concede the division to the Colts. The sum isn't always greater than the pieces. There's more to having an awesome running game than just having a great back (and that's not to say that Richardson is indeed a "great" back).

Lets play and then decide how worried we should be.
Gabbert + MJD < Locker + CJ < Luck + Richardson/Bradshaw<Schaub + Foster + Tate

Ain't nobody giving them the division.
Old 09-19-2013   #100
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hate anything that makes the Colts better and I'm afraid they just got better. I'd be pleased as hell if Trent comes in and he's crap but... I'll believe it when I see it.
This is where I am, too. Smart move by the Colts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read