Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2013   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 3 Preview - Texans vs Ravens

Texans vs Ravens Video Preview

Good evening Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 Wk 3 Preview - Texans vs Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Texans vs Ravens Video Preview

Good evening Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em
Diggy,

What are the chances that the Ravens change their game plan, i.e., moving Elam to FS vs. SS and the other changes you think should be made?

I think you're correct on the winner though.

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for your video Em. Agree, I also think Texans will win this one. But, the Texans can't afford to play last last two games or we will find ourselves in very difficult situation with the Ravens. We are playing at the Ravens home turf and they usually play tough there. I hope, our O keep attacking Ravens D and worn them out early.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #4
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Diggy,

What are the chances that the Ravens change their game plan, i.e., moving Elam to FS vs. SS and the other changes you think should be made?

I think you're correct on the winner though.

Go Texans!
THanks Drs! The chances are slim..however, if it were me..I would've never put him back in the deep middle to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thanks for your video Em. Agree, I also think Texans will win this one. But, the Texans can't afford to play last last two games or we will find ourselves in very difficult situation with the Ravens. We are playing at the Ravens home turf and they usually play tough there. I hope, our O keep attacking Ravens D and worn them out early.
Thanks Samurai! Hopefully, they can maintain until Reed comes back. It looks like a lot of miscommunication back there
Old 09-19-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Diggy,

About the same as us putting Ben Tate & Arian in the backfield together.
Old 09-19-2013   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Thanks Samurai! Hopefully, they can maintain until Reed comes back. It looks like a lot of miscommunication back there
I would be very cautious on counting on Reed coming back and becoming the "savior" of our secondary. Performance expectations once he returns must realistically be very guarded.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
About the same as us putting Ben Tate & Arian in the backfield together.
why would that be so bad? Many plays no one is blocking anyways.
Old 09-19-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would be very cautious on counting on Reed coming back and becoming the "savior" of our secondary. Performance expectations once he returns must realistically be very guarded.
Doom...... meet gloom.

Gloom.... meet doom.

Old 09-19-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
why would that be so bad? Many plays no one is blocking anyways.
Who said it would be bad? I said it ain't going to happen.
Old 09-19-2013   #10
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27347 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you mean just for the beginning of his comeback, or do you think he will never be a real good player again?
LikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Do you mean just for the beginning of his comeback, or do you think he will never be a real good player again?
Certainly I would expect it for the beginning. The long term is a coin toss, but his age, recent injury and past injuries make it less likely that we see the Reed that most expect. If he is put out there this Sunday, he may be more likely to see subsequent time off the field in that artificial turf does not tend to be kind to someone coming back from hip surgery that just a week ago was still "breaking scar."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
The long term is a coin toss, but his age, recent injury and past injuries make it less likely that we see the Reed that most expect.
I'm not expecting an Ed Reed in the prime of his career. With solid coverage from Kj & Jjo and their willingness to tackle, I'm expecting Reed to operate in a much smaller range than in the past.

Where he was an All-Pro covering about 30-40 yard radius in the past, I'm hoping he can be an All-Pro covering a 20-30 yard radius.
Old 09-19-2013   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

You've gotten much, much better IMO...... props!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #14
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
You've gotten much, much better IMO...... props!
Thanks Texn! Much appreciated! The best is yet to come as I'm looking to incorporate some cool team specific videos in between game previews

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read