Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2013   #1
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who does Nuk remind you of?

Is Nuk one of a kind? His ball skills remind of Randy Moss or Lynn Swann, but without the same high end speed. Maybe, an AJ Green.

Thoughts?
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who does Nuk remind you of?

This one is easy for me, I always compared his game to Larry Fitzgerald.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #3
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Myself.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #4
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
This one is easy for me, I always compared his game to Larry Fitzgerald.
I think you are looking at hair style. I see more Moss than Fitzgerald but to be honest Hopkins is just Hopkins.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Who the hell is Nuk?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Who the hell is Nuk?
Deandre Hopkins. His nickname is Nuk.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansRule1 View Post
Is Nuk one of a kind? His ball skills remind of Randy Moss or Lynn Swann, but without the same high end speed. Maybe, an AJ Green.

Thoughts?
I don't remember Lynn Swann being all that fast... He was just a leaper with great body control, so that's not a horrible comparison.

Quote:
It's not just the little-known players, either.

Lynn Swann and John Stallworth became Steelers because of the diligence of scouts to get decent 40 times in 1974. Neither was considered fast for a wide receiver, but today their 4.6 times might put them in the middle of the draft or maybe not at all.

Coach Chuck Noll liked everything about Swann except the 4.7 times.

"Coach Noll was right," said Art Rooney Jr., then the Steelers' player personnel director. "He said the guy can't run. He really liked him and he said, 'Get a good time.' "

So Rooney arranged to time Swann on the West Coast. Swann ran a 4.55. That was good enough for Noll.

Stallworth, too, did not run particularly fast when timed on the grass field at Alabama A&M. Scout Bill Nunn took his stopwatch and went back down to time him in a different spot.

"I took him to another field near the school," Nunn said. "I got him in 4.58, 4.6, 4.62."

Nunn convinced Noll that Stallworth would last until the fourth round because other scouts had times above 4.7 on him.
http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20010420nfldraft2.asp
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2013   #8
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

good chad johnson
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Nuk reminds me of Boldin. He just gets it done.

The Texans have never had the QB on the field, in a regular season game, that would make Swann a HoF'er. It takes large huevos to put the ball up in the places Bradshaw did, in the coverages he did.
Old 09-18-2013   #11
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White, Anquan Boldin. Also Batman.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #12
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1192 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

With his body control and ability to high point the ball he reminds me of a less speedy A.J. Green. Not quite as physically imposing as Firzgerald but if goes up he is coming down with it.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #13
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember I was trying to decide between Cordarelle Patterson and DeAndre Hopkins as my 1st round mock draft picks. ICak and I got into it a little bit and he mentioned Reggie Wayne as a bit of a comparison to Hopkins, and that seems clearer than ever to me now having seen him play.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Dread Head

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #15
gcates
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
good chad johnson
Are you implying that Chad Johnson wasn't good...or just making a distinction between the "good" and "bad" Chad Johnson?

In reference to the OP, I'd say watching him play brings to mind Torry Holt, to be honest.
gcates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #16
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcates View Post
Are you implying that Chad Johnson wasn't good...or just making a distinction between the "good" and "bad" Chad Johnson?

In reference to the OP, I'd say watching him play brings to mind Torry Holt, to be honest.
im implying the good chad johnson. i.e. when the chad was firing he was very hard to stop. physically they possess similar attributes and there ability to locate and get the ball anyway in their vicinity is very similar
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #17
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say the good Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Reggie Wayne comparisons are probably the best so far.

I can see why the OP brought up Moss' ball skills, especially since from what Hopkins showed last game, but personally Moss' still has the superior skills and thus not a fair comparison. And even though you didn't bring up Moss' other attributes, it's tough to compare the two without bringing up Moss' height and speed.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Chuck Norris - because Nuk doesn't catch the football, the football flys to Nuk and rests gently in his hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Nuk reminds me of Boldin. He just gets it done.

The Texans have never had the QB on the field, in a regular season game, that would make Swann a HoF'er. It takes large huevos to put the ball up in the places Bradshaw did, in the coverages he did.
Actauly a lot of those throws were pretty safe as they were along the sideline and high, either swann was going to come down with it or no one was. Seeing the limted time that we've seen between Hopkins and Schaub so far it already looks like he has more trust in Hopkins to make those types of catches. The guy almost never threw the fade to Andre.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is his nickname Nuk?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read