Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2013   #81
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Wanted...Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Sadly Toni Fritsch is no longer with us or we could send up the "Fritsch Signal" and have him come bail out another Houston football team.
I think he could keek us a touchdown. Before Toni, there was Skip Butler - another local product...and look at how that turned out. If you dig up the old Oiler DNA you will find Toni Fritsch passing the throne to Florian Kempf, Al Del Greco, then Tony Zendejas. Those were the gravy years of touchdown keekers here in Houston....I think my conclusion is that we just need someone with an accent and has never seen a football before they came to Texas.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Why wouldn't he be? This whole ****ing thread is a joke. Bullock ain't going anywhere.
Yep. This is a coaching staff that gave Jacoby Jones five years to pull his head out of his butt. I have no doubt they will probably give Randy Bullock a lot more time than he deserves to work it out.

This franchise believes in second chances...and even thirds and fourths...

I know the mob demands blood, but apparently the mob has not been paying attention to how the Houston Texans operates during the Kubiak regime. (Hell, David Carr got an entire season AFTER everyone and their dog knew he was broken.)
Old 09-16-2013   #83
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I see no reason not to sign Kickalicious to the practice squad. Keep seasoning him and Bullock will notice his presence.
Old 09-16-2013   #84
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Can we all agree that if you are a Texans fan, you hope this is an aberration and it is in the Texans best interest that Bullock gets straightened out?

Me thinks if you don't agree with this, you are an Aggie hater. I went to UT, love my school, but the Texans come first in my eyes.
Absolutely. It's in the Texans best interest that the player work his issues out and start producing. I don't think anyone is really excited about the prospect of seeing Bullock wash out. Even if you don't like Aggies (and I'm not a fan in the least) he'd really only be one less Aggie around here and that's not much of a difference. Plus I forgive all transgressions once they hit the professional level. I got over the Vince Young bull**** and will get over all the Johnny Football bull**** too. Couldn't care less about that.

I just worry when a kicker goes on a binge of badness like I've seen the last two weeks. You start to wonder what it's going to take to pull him out of it or if he will even pull out of it.
Old 09-16-2013   #85
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I see no reason not to sign Kickalicious to the practice squad. Keep seasoning him and Bullock will notice his presence.
Interesting read on what Detroit tried to do to keep him on their PS:
Kickalicious says league rejected Lions’ attempt to keep him on practice squad; LINK

Quote:
According to a report by Roy Kvatningen of Nettavisen in Norway, the Lions were hoping to designate Rugland as an “international practice squad” player. That designation would basically allow the team an exemption to give Rugland an additional spot on their practice squad. Rugland said the league apparently told the Lions that the rule was made in regard to NFL Europe, which no longer exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #86
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. A kicker on the PS is NOT a wasted space. A kicker can make or break a team over the period of a whole season. There have been statements that "we have confidence in the young man" and to paraphrase another....."he's a rookie and we don't want to mess with his confidence while he's going through a fragile time." You can hardly run a team protecting players from their own confidence level. Bullock had no competition in the entire offseason/preseason. Sounds like they may have been protecting him from dealing with potential confidence issues from the beginning. Players, even rookies, need "practice" in dealing with those type of issues.........just as though they were living in the "real world."
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #87
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Ian Howfield thinks Bullock sux.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #88
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Enough of this nonsense of getting rid of him before the season is over. They will let him kick the entire entire season, come hell or high water, and then evaluate him, and that's exactly the way it should be.

If they get a big case of the stupids and let him go too soon, do you know what will happen?

He will go to another team, and do to us, like what happened to Otto in the opening scene of Sons of Anarchy.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #89
mikefont
Rookie

Default Re: So. Who's our NEW kicker going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Maybe we should thank him for making Kubiak open the playbook.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a bit more concerned with the conservative play calling for the first 3 1/2 quarters then opening it up after we're trailing on the scoreboard.

As far as Bullock goes, I think we need to give him a couple of more games to get it together. If not, for THIS season with SB aspirations, I wonder about going to a 2 kicker scenario like some teams have done in the past...having Bullock handle kickoff duties and bring in a veteran for field goal duties.

mikefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #90
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So. Who's our NEW kicker going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a bit more concerned with the conservative play calling for the first 3 1/2 quarters then opening it up after we're trailing on the scoreboard.

As far as Bullock goes, I think we need to give him a couple of more games to get it together. If not, for THIS season with SB aspirations, I wonder about going to a 2 kicker scenario like some teams have done in the past...having Bullock handle kickoff duties and bring in a veteran for field goal duties.

I say One He f's up in the Baltimore game and makes everyone else work harder I say tell him to pay his own airfare home.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #91
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Enough of this nonsense of getting rid of him before the season is over. They will let him kick the entire entire season, come hell or high water, and then evaluate him, and that's exactly the way it should be.

If they get a big case of the stupids and let him go too soon, do you know what will happen?

He will go to another team, and do to us, like what happened to Otto in the opening scene of Sons of Anarchy.
I have to disagree. A Kicker isn't a QB, or RB, etc. He needs to be reliable or be gone, otherwise we are going to be pulling our hair out. We don't to wait to evaluate Bullock until after he's blown multiple game winning drives.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #92
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 56442 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Kickalicious? He hit 3 of 3 in pre-season for the Lions from 33, 49 and 50.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #93
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
What happened to Kickalicious? He hit 3 of 3 in pre-season for the Lions from 33, 49 and 50.
They chose Akers. He went to GB, they chose Mason. He's back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #94
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I hope he's on a flight here for the Tuesday player tryouts.
Old 09-17-2013   #95
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I have to disagree. A Kicker isn't a QB, or RB, etc. He needs to be reliable or be gone, otherwise we are going to be pulling our hair out. We don't to wait to evaluate Bullock until after he's blown multiple game winning drives.
It won't be you (the fans) doing the evaluating. And that's the way it should be. Why? Because coaches don't knee-jerk. Only fans do.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #96
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“I don’t think I have ever had a game like this,” Bullock said. “It was frustrating, but at this point all I can do is move forward and come back for more work this week.”

The 23-year old kicker, nicknamed “Iron Boot” for his leg strength, has since received encouragement from within the organization. Bullock told head coach Gary Kubiak that chairman and CEO Bob McNair talked to him after the game, offering support. According to Kubiak, a kicker needs to know that his team has confidence in him.

“You watch your locker room as a coach and I know our guys respect Randy,” Kubiak said. “He’s a worker. He’s not some guy who comes in here and kicks his few balls and calls it a day. He works really hard at what he does and he’s young. We’re going young with him and we’re going to stand behind him. Like I said, he’s got a job to do. He’s responsible for his job. But we’re going to give him a lot of help. His teammates are going to support him. I’m going to support him and we’ve got to get him going in the right direction here.”

Bullock , who is one-for-five on field goal attempts, has eight touchbacks on nine kickoffs and six extra points this season. Three-of-four missed attempts were from 50 yards or greater.

“I’m sure he’d be much happier if he got to kick some 30- and 35-yarders,” Kubiak said Monday. “We take that into consideration. But he’s got to make that kick to end the game yesterday. That’s his job. But there are three people involved in that: the snap, the hold and the kick. And we’ve all got to take responsibility and get better and they will. We’ve got confidence in Randy. We’ll see if we can get him a little bit closer. But we expect him to step up and be strong here and work through this and do a good job for us.”
link

As it stands now, I'd also be much happier if he got to kick some 30- and 35-yarders.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #97
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
link

As it stands now, I'd also be much happier if he got to kick some 30- and 35-yarders.
Yeah, I would be a lot more worried if we were talking about missing 30 yarders. I'm not happy he's missing from 50, but I wanna see a bigger sample size before I pass judgement
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #98
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

On the plus side, the Texans are 2-0 and it's better for Randy Bullock to get all of these misses out of the way early on. Maybe he'll start to heat up and go on a roll later in the season and more importantly in the playoffs.

I'm just worried he's going to miss some critical field goals that may cost us a potential win against the Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers. These are three teams we can't afford to leave points on the table against.

These next three games will tell us all we need to know.
Old 09-17-2013   #99
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Hes a young dude, and he has the talent necessary, and we spent a pick on him for a reason. Dude will be just fine. To give up on him already would be dumb, and he would just go somewhere else and tear it up for his entire career should we do that. Trindon Holliday.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #100
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Shayne Graham was just released.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read