Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013   #1
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Need help with the new Nike jerseys. Anyone own one?

I was interested in getting a new jersey this year. My problem is I do not want to pay $200+ for an authentic (Elite) version. I was going to purchase the middle of the road version (Limited). However, when I went to the store I thought they had handed me a junior or child sized jersey due to the size of the numbers. Unfortantely as I am in NY I cannot find any authentic (Elite) Texans jerseys in stock at my local stores to compare.

The numbers on the Limited look to be noticably smaller than on the Elite ($250).

Elite: - http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage...9_xl.jpg&w=275

Limited: - http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage...0_xl.jpg&w=275

Can someone measure their Elite jersey numbers to see how tall they are?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need help with the new Nike jerseys. Anyone own one?

I'll do it when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #3
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have an authentic Brian Cushing elite jersey. Each of the numbers are 12" long x 8" wide. I paid $250 for it from the NFL shop website. I hope this helps.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like the new ones.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I don't like the new ones.
I do, but unless I find a really good deal on EBay, I nearly done with buying jerseys. Since I've always bought (EBay) jerseys with the stitched letters, everyone I own is as good as new. My problem is that most of them have outlasted the player, so it's either buy cheap in the offseason, wear vintage, or a t-shirt.

It is my understanding that elite is the best, and premier has stitched letters but thinner fabric.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I do, but unless I find a really good deal on EBay, I nearly done with buying jerseys. Since I've always bought (EBay) jerseys with the stitched letters, everyone I own is as good as new. My problem is that most of them have outlasted the player, so it's either buy cheap in the offseason, wear vintage, or a t-shirt.

It is my understanding that elite is the best, and premier has stitched letters but thinner fabric.
The downside to the knockoffs however is that you run the risk of misspelled names and wrong numbers. While Tony Roma is a pretty good place for barbeque I don't think he ever played in the NFL.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #7
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The downside to the knockoffs however is that you run the risk of misspelled names and wrong numbers. While Tony Roma is a pretty good place for barbeque I don't think he ever played in the NFL.
Never happened, and I have bought some really nice ones that I put to the test side by side the $250 authentic at a $175 to $200 savings. I always check the reputation of the sellers only got one with poor stitching, but it only cost about $30.

I already have the blue, white and throwback Romo jerseys, so I don't need any more.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read