Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2013   #141
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The OLBs

Where do you get stats broken out in such detail?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #142
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Once Willy Jefferson bulks up, I think he could be a special player.
Old 09-02-2013   #143
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
On his Pro day, he weighed 233. He has eaten like a garbage disposal and hit the weight room as anyone on the team..............and now weighs 250!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #144
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Me too. I wonder if he is gonna get a new jersey number?

Edit: looks like he has # 54

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #145
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Me too. I wonder if he is gonna get a new jersey number?
Already changed to 54! Haha! He took Trevardo's number!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #146
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Already changed to 54! Haha! He took Trevardo's number!

Now that is funny. But it sucks for trevardo. Well...he should have plenty of motivation to improve.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #147
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Tuggle changed his number, too, I think. He nabbed 95... that was... Chris Jones, iirc.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #148
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

It's odd. Normally it's easier to find an outside pass rush then an inside one. With the likes of JJ, ninja, and Mitchell we will again have an above average inside pass rush. Now if only reed or mercy would produce we'd be in great shape. Looking forward i'd expect more picks and offseason acquisitions to help the outside pass rush. If we find it lookout!
Old 09-02-2013   #149
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I have a feeling Tuggle might be starting next to Cushing inside near the end of the season ....
My sentiments as well. If he gets some coaching and experience, could we possibly hope that Tuggle might be the future of the ILB position opposite Cushing and Jefferson might be the future at OLB as well? I have high hopes for both of these guys.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #150
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Tuggle changed his number, too, I think. He nabbed 95... that was... Chris Jones, iirc.
Please don't mention jones. That one still stings a little.

Old 09-02-2013   #151
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
My sentiments as well. If he gets some coaching and experience, could we possibly hope that Tuggle might be the future of the ILB position opposite Cushing and Jefferson might be the future at OLB as well? I have high hopes for both of these guys.
Tuggles dad (Jesse) only started in ATL for about a decade.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #152
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there is alot of talk about Joseph and the secondary. But to me, it still comes down to lack of a true stud at OLB to complete this D. Mercilus is going to have to start making big plays on his own SOON as our schedule is absolutely brutal these next 6 games.

The OL and OLBs are the key to our season going forward.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #153
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I know there is alot of talk about Joseph and the secondary. But to me, it still comes down to lack of a true stud at OLB to complete this D. Mercilus is going to have to start making big plays on his own SOON as our schedule is absolutely brutal these next 6 games.

^^^^
This

And Schaub needs to stay healthy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #154
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

And Schaub needs to stay healthy.
Duane Brown needs to get right. I don't know what's wrong, but we need the big guy to be the big guy.

I'm going through the game for the second time now. I'm not ready to say Merci had a great game, but so far (start of 3rd qtr) he's having a damn good game.

Good pressure, not great, not really good, but good.

He's having a great game on runs to his side, setting the edge & getting off his blocks.... not to shabby on runs to the middle or away from him.
Old 09-16-2013   #155
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Duane Brown needs to get right. I don't know what's wrong, but we need the big guy to be the big guy.

I'm going through the game for the second time now. I'm not ready to say Merci had a great game, but so far (start of 3rd qtr) he's having a damn good game.

He's having a great game on runs to his side, setting the edge & getting off his blocks.... not to shabby on runs to the middle or away from him.
Also fair to Mercilus is he didnt get his preseason reps like most others, so definitely not counting him out by any means in living up to his first round billing.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #156
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I've come to the conclusion that Reed will always be just above average against the run and JAG rushing the passer.

That said, I don't think I'm ready to replace him with Braman or one of the rooks yet due to their questionable run stopping ability.
Old 09-16-2013   #157
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Our D played well; the Titans just got away with too many non-calls on both sides of the ball - quite a bit more than us.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think I've come to the conclusion that Reed will always be just above average against the run and JAG rushing the passer.

That said, I don't think I'm ready to replace him with Braman or one of the rooks yet due to their questionable run stopping ability.
Well he's wasted space on passing downs. Move him inside or take him off the field on passing downs.

I wants to see some Willie Jefferson already.
Old 09-16-2013   #159
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

Mercilus was being held way too much for no calls, same could be said for Watt but Watt has the strength to beat even holds while Whitney still lacks core strength. He needs to work on hand placement, to keep these tackles from grabbing & holding, can't the defensive staff see that? Either that or he needs to line up more outside, use his speed & see if his body lean can come off the edge. Maybe he needs to play left side? more right side dominant, struggles trying to pull left from right....looks fixable but try something

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #160
Rey
Hall of Fame

I didn't think our defense played as well as it seems. I thought the titans bailed us out with their play calling. Force feeding Chris Johnson even we we loaded up to stop it. I thought they should have moved locker around more and let him throw a little more. I get why they did what they did, but they needed to give him some safe throws with a run pass option built in.

When they needed to they went on a 99 yard drive. I think had Britt or whoever that was wouldn't have fought for extra yards on that third down pass towards the end if the game, they'd have gotten that first instead of it being 4th and short.

I'll take the wins however they come though. Still have some things I'd like to see them do better though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read