Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2013   #61
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Wanted...Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Ian Howfield. Blew a winnable game against the Redskins in 1991 when both teams were coming in with great records. I think the Skins were 6-0 and the Oilers were 5-1.
He doesn't show up, as far as I could see, on pro football reference.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #62
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't be a rookie kicker and your job is to kick FG's and you make 1/6 in your first 2 games.

NO EXCUSES he needs to be cut now.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #63
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
He doesn't show up, as far as I could see, on pro football reference.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...howfiian01.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #64
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Random fact, Ravens kicker Justin Tucker missed a 50 and a 44 yarder this week. Just saying...it happens.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-16-2013   #65
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Random fact, Ravens kicker Justin Tucker missed a 50 and a 44 yarder this week. Just saying...it happens.
I doubt that if both were to be released today, the run would be on seeking Bullock's services.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #66
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I doubt that if both were to be released today, the run would be on seeking Bullock's services.
I think he'll get a few more chances, it's a tough spot he's gotten nothing to build his confidence on almost every kick has been a tough one. I am not making excuses, but hopefully he can bounce back.

On a side note I don't think anyone has returned a kick this year, so he has leg strength, he just needs to get it together mentally.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #67
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Who knows but I'm willing to bet Bullock isn't cut this week (not that you're saying he will).

Kickers miss kicks, WRs dropspasses, RBs fumble, and QBs throw INT. It's the nature of the beast.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who knows but I'm willing to bet Bullock isn't cut this week (not that you're saying he will).

Kickers miss kicks, WRs dropspasses, RBs fumble, and QBs throw INT. It's the nature of the beast.
yeah, but I bet you've never seen a kicker miss 3 kicks in one possession! That takes some kind of special seasoning blend.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #69
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but I bet you've never seen a kicker miss 3 kicks in one possession! That takes some kind of special seasoning blend.
Touche.

That whole situation/scenario was absurd.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013   #70
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Quote:
Touche.

That whole situation/scenario was absurd.
When Munchak called that last time out I thought he bailed us out....but Bullock outsmarted him and went 3 card Monty on us. That look on #4's face was even confusing me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #71
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, the funny thing is I saw 51-year-old Al Del Greco at HEB a few weeks ago. But I don't think he's going to start a comeback to the NFL anytime soon. He looks out of shape and fat. And he hasn't played in the league since 2000.

But in all seriousness, it seems like Gary Kubiak has a lot of faith in Randy Bullock and will continue to give him every opportunity judging by the post-game interview. I'm hoping he's just saying that because we can't afford to be missing so many field goals if we want to make a run to the Super Bowl.

I have my fingers crossed that Randy Bullock is just going through a slump and will turn it around very soon. Gig 'Em, Randy!
Old 09-16-2013   #72
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone combine this with the "kicker" thread I started yesterday?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #73
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Wanted...

Quote:
Concur. This isn't the week tho. We've carried him too long to cut him after 3 long range misses. One bad game happens, two bad games and it's a trend.
1. He missed 2 out of three in the SanDiego game
2. He missed 3 out of three against Tennessee.

it's a trend.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 09-16-2013   #74
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Al Del Greko was a helluva kicker. Not sure who you're talking about with the Blowfield comment.

I think he means former Oiler kicker Ian Howfield.
Old 09-16-2013   #75
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

In the words of Mr. Spacely from the Jetsons:

"Youuuuu're FIIIIIIIIIIIRED!
Old 09-16-2013   #76
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sadly Toni Fritsch is no longer with us or we could send up the "Fritsch Signal" and have him come bail out another Houston football team.
Old 09-16-2013   #77
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 7055 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we all agree that if you are a Texans fan, you hope this is an aberration and it is in the Texans best interest that Bullock gets straightened out?

Me thinks if you don't agree with this, you are an Aggie hater. I went to UT, love my school, but the Texans come first in my eyes.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #78
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
1. He missed 2 out of three in the SanDiego game
2. He missed 3 out of three against Tennessee.

it's a trend.
Not that it makes much difference, but he was 1 of 2 in the San Diego game.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #79
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else thinking Randy may have still been a little "groggy" from the A&M game the day before?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #80
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Al the Greek-o to the rescue!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read