Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-15-2013   #41
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Rep Power: 0 Scarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan SMACK thread!

I plan on being a thorn in your sides for some time, its what I do best. I will come back to eat crow or rub salt in the wounds later today gents. I have a busy day ahead of me outside of the Tits game. Lets hope for a clean, injury free, well called game.......

and a Tits win.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I plan on being a thorn in your sides for some time, its what I do best. I will come back to eat crow or rub salt in the wounds later today gents. I have a busy day ahead of me outside of the Tits game. Lets hope for a clean, injury free, well called game.......

and a Tits win.
I know you like being a thorn & all, but I would appreciate it if you would go back to your Titan's board & inform them that all teams cut block, including your own. We don't hold any patents on it or anything like that.

We might do it more than other teams, but all teams do it.

& if you look at the injuries to DLmen from cutblocks over the years, you'll see it's practically nill. All the things that make it dangerous have been made illegal & a flag will be thrown if done improperly, ala Ndamaka Sue, I believe LeStar Jean was called for an illegal block in the preseason, The block to Cushing that sidelined him last year.

So... if you think (or the people posting on your forum) we're dirty because we cutblock... then you think all teams are dirty, including your own.
Old 09-15-2013   #43
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Rep Power: 0 Scarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know you like being a thorn & all, but I would appreciate it if you would go back to your Titan's board & inform them that all teams cut block, including your own. We don't hold any patents on it or anything like that.

& if you look at the injuries to DLmen from cutblocks over the years, you'll see it's practically nill. All the things that make it dangerous have been made illegal & a flag will be thrown if done improperly, ala Ndamaka Sue, I believe LeStar Jean was called for an illegal block in the preseason, The block to Cushing that sidelined him last year.

So... if you think (or the people posting on your forum) we're dirty because we cutblock... then you think all teams are dirty, including your own.
I am not going to deny that we do it, honestly, because I am not sure one way or the other. I don't remember seeing it though, for a long time. I do know we have done it.

You are seeing it on our forum largely because of the Steelers game last week. DeCastro IR'd Pouncey from an inaccurate cut block meant to be placed on Hill. This thread/game just happened to be timed poorly with that incident.

I don't like it, I have never liked it, and I am very aware that the Texans are not the only team to use it. As much as I dislike it, you can't really call a team dirty for using it because it is legal. Its guys like Suh and Incognito that I dislike and think are dirty.
Old 09-15-2013   #44
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Titan SMACK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

So Titans' fans say the Texans are dirty
Old 09-15-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Say, that reminds me. Yahoo says:
Quote:
NO MORE HATE: The fans in Houston seem to have gotten over being dumped by owner Bud Adams for Tennessee in the 1990s. Munchak said of course people were upset when a team leaves after 36 years. But Munchak returns to Houston often for charity events, and he said there are still some die-hard Oilers fans who tell them they root for the Titans every week except when they play the Texans.

No idea where they got that from.

Old 09-15-2013   #46
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Good game gents, somehow we find a way to keep them close. I think both teams have some questions at this point.
Old 09-15-2013   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good game gents, somehow we find a way to keep them close. I think both teams have some questions at this point.
You guys gave us all we could stand. Exciting, if not a well played game.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #48
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I hate the Teets I can't see fit to talk smack after that game. I'm just glad we came out with the dubya. Good game to the fans of both teams.

The last game of the season could have more meaning than either team thought a couple of weeks ago.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need a doctor...
Old 09-15-2013   #49
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Go Texans!!!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #50
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
As much as I hate the Teets I can't see fit to talk smack after that game. I'm just glad we came out with the dubya. Good game to the fans of both teams.

The last game of the season could have more meaning than either team thought a couple of weeks ago.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need a doctor...
Same here. Great game but either were not as good as I thought or the teets are better than I thought. Dang their offense plan was simple and effective and the defense is good. I'm glad we got the win but that game was punishing.
Old 09-15-2013   #51
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Same here. Great game but either were not as good as I thought or the teets are better than I thought.

Its probably a bit of both.
Old 09-15-2013   #52
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same here. Great game but either were not as good as I thought or the teets are better than I thought. Dang their offense plan was simple and effective and the defense is good. I'm glad we got the win but that game was punishing.
Keep in mind, they totally shut down the Steelers offense. At the same time, our OL has been playing craptacular!
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #53
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its week 2. Division game after a short week. The only thing thst matters is a win, and great teams win these kinds of games consistently. 2-0. 14 to go.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #54
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing bud spent all that money and draft picks to Shure up their o line. They suck.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #55
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Lookin like both wild card teams are coming out of the AFC South this year. And the South has risen again!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #56
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Good thing bud spent all that money and draft picks to Shure up their o line. They suck.
Uh, you do kinda have some talent on your d-line.

Hard for anyone to go 'smack' after that game. Not for the faint of heart.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #57
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm still too exhausted to talk any smack after that one. i'm glad we have a week to adjust, i doubt i could handle anything more emotionally taxing than a care bears movie at this point. good game.
Old 09-16-2013   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

So, I'm reading GoTitans.com this afternoon and I read something (and I wish I would've quoted it), but some poster says the Texans (and I'm paraphrasing) that the Texans are a bunch of "scrubs" but then ponders the Tinnbreds chances of making the playoffs.

Well, hey dumbass, if you lose to "scrubs" that doesn't really bode well for your playoff run, now does it??

As we (and I mean all NFL fans) enter the playoffs, do we really remember how we won games, or lost games? Our records get us there. We'll forget that it took OT to beat the Tinnbreds. It was just another "W" on the record. So Tinnbred fan, while y'all are sitting at home yet again, so will Texan fan look forward to the playoffs!!!

*EDIT*

TitanJeff does a helluva job for GoTitans.com!!! He's always treated me well!!!

As a moment of respect, RIP Flaming Sparrow, *ahem* Blazing Arrow .

It was always fun my brother!! I'll see you in Super Bowl Heaven shortly!!! Tinnbreds v. the Cows! !

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 09-16-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Credit! Much Love!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #59
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

I think some of you guys, Titan fans included, take some of the smack too literal.

You guys DO suck, and you are a bunch of scrubs, but you are still a good team. Smack doesn't have to make sense all of the time. You guys have a good rookie in Hopkins. I was hoping if you went receiver, that it would not have been him. He is going to be a big name in the AFC South IMO.
Old 09-16-2013   #60
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think some of you guys, Titan fans included, take some of the smack too literal.
Nooooooo. If I took smack talk to literal I would do it with a mouth full of peanut butter.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read