Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-30-2013   #421
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Again, nobody tells the guy trying to pump up the team to pipe down when they need to score in the next 12 seconds.

There's a difference between an emotional leader & a whiney little btch.
Like, I said the end of the game, he needed to calm it. After hearing the audio of the other stuff, it doesn't bother me. I'd rather have him then some of the guys who have learned to accept 8-8 yearly.
Old 10-30-2013   #422
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Like, I said the end of the game, he needed to calm it. After hearing the audio of the other stuff, it doesn't bother me. I'd rather have him then some of the guys who have learned to accept 8-8 yearly.
Romo?
Old 10-30-2013   #423
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

ooooookkkkk. The response from Witten and to a lesser extent from Ware is that whatever Bryant was doing was unacceptable on an NFL sideline.

If cowboy fan wants overlook it and tell themselves he is just super duper passionate and loves winning more than sex, then fine. We will just have different opinions.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #424
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
ooooookkkkk. The response from Witten and to a lesser extent from Ware is that whatever Bryant was doing was unacceptable on an NFL sideline.

If cowboy fan wants overlook it and tell themselves he is just super duper passionate and loves winning more than sex, then fine. We will just have different opinions.
Really, surprise, surprise! Seriously, I didn't think you had an opinion about the Cowboys one way or the other.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #425
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Really, surprise, surprise! Seriously, I didn't think you had an opinion about the Cowboys one way or the other.
Dont get all Dez Bryant on me, dude.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #426
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Dont get all Dez Bryant on me, dude.
It just looks like he's being pissy. He's very emotional & passionate about this subject. He's actually being positive, even though it doesn't look like it.
Old 11-02-2013   #427
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It just looks like he's being pissy. He's very emotional & passionate about this subject. He's actually being positive, even though it doesn't look like it.
Just as an insider view I thought this was pretty good. Guy from Lufkin. Agree in part. We will see in a year or two if he continues his journey to mature or turns into what most have already preconceived him to be.
And on a side note, most here that have read me over the years know, after 35-40 years as a Cowboy fan that I am not a homer. I'm not a fan of Jerry these days. I don't like Garrett. I ave called out many of their moves. I just don't see Dez as this thug that some say he is. I don't see drugs, alcohol or other issues. I see family issues that he must separate from. I don't like some of the antics but I think he much improved from the mall issues a couple of years back.

http://m.lufkindailynews.com/news/co....html?mode=jqm

Quote:
At the end of the season, after our tutorials the football player had asked me to help so he could try and qualify for a Division I football scholarship he and some of the other players Id tutored brought me a signed Panther cap. It was their way of saying thanks, and to this day that cap holds a place of honor in my home.

Years later, I ran into that young man at another Lufkin football game. He greeted me with a hug and asked if I was still tutoring at night.

I told Dez Bryant that no, Id moved over to Angelina College on a permanent basis, and invited him to another basketball game.

Yes, sir, Dez said before leaving me with another hug.

Thats the Dez Bryant I know. Hes the kid whos sent me Facebook messages just asking me how Im doing. Lord knows he doesnt need me any more, but he still takes the time to keep in touch
Old 11-06-2013   #428
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
OK the next time I tend to give a **** I'll let you know thanks

Sir or ma'am (That's not a slight as I have no idea what your gender is) You'll excuse me if I say that things have passed through my colon which had considerably more consequence to me than both you AND your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The STEREOTYPICAL A-HOLE who gives ALL COWBOY FANS A BAD NAME
You do own something!!! a go no where, do nothing franchise just like the
Oilers, and as for those titles 17 years a go? I guess you would still have
to ***** and moan about them

considering that it's what keeps us relevant even in the face of mediocre
play and that just pisses you off! how can they still be called relevant?
guess it just sucks that Texas has 1 team and it ain't you
You speak of "titles" from 17 years ago? Sorry ...the cowboys' last title was when?

Now then, your verbage is NOT ONLY is disservice to classy fans like HoustonFrog and Ms. StarStruck, but it fuels the idea that ALL Cowboy fans are like you. Blowhards who can't take a win OR a loss with grace and dignity. The Late Great Tom Landry gets credit for the "Flex Defense" even though Lombardi invented it but never TOOK said credit. Coach Landry stood on that sideline with one facial expression win OR lose and conducted himself with a dignity and class that you couldn't fake on your best day.

Before you speak of "mediocre play" you might just want to look at the entire CAREER of one Tony Romo. He's Matt Schaub with a better head of hair. If I'm speaking ill of your team I have to point out that the LEADER of your defense Roy Williams is such a dirty mother FC UKer that they LITERALLY named a penalty after him. If I can be objective here I have to say Miles Austin has potential but the ONE person who's kept the Cowboys RELEVANT has been the one and only Mr. Jason Witten. "America's team" was a catchy little phrase that Steve Sabol came up with because he thought it sounded catchy and he needed a voice over for an NFL films bit about the Cowboys. Tex Shram took it and decided to market the ISHT out of it. Saying you're the greatest ever doesn't mean you are. Deal with it. Texas' team? Muff-hugga I'm both an American AND a Texan and they aint MY team. Attitudes like YOURS are the reason so many (like me and others) revel in watching the Cowboys lose.

Your team has had a passable season and will make it to the playoffs where they'll be OBLITERATED by either Frisco or the Seattle. DEAL with it. There will BE no 6th Lombardi this year. As per my comment of your being a bleeding, festering, excruciating, disgusting HEMORRHOID on the sphincter of:
a. Dallas Cowboy Fandon
b. This News Group
c. Humanity

I reitterate that and stand by it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #429
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You remind me of the morons you see on shows like COPS!!! speeding down
a highway and all of a sudden. things begin flying out the window and
onto the pavement in a frantic desperation to ditch the evidence that
nails you dead to rights

regardless of 17 years or not? the fact they won and can lay claim to
that era makes any feeble attempt to try and replace that with mediocrity
a poor mans attempt to avoid the reality of the fact you are just bitter
you can't say the things Cowboys fans can
You remind me of the morons that keep beating their heads into the wall trying to make a point. Your point isn't valid no matter how many times you try to make it. We know the the teams that have one superbowls. The internet helps with things like that. The fact is...the Cowboys haven't won anything recently. They have a crap owner. They fail even when they have tons of talent. Fans have to grasp at ancient history to stay sane. We feel for you.
Old 11-06-2013   #430
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm afraid that even with the internet your still in denial over what counts?
just like you remain clueless about everything else in sports
There are college graduates that have lived in Dallas their entire lives that have never experienced "what counts". Time to realize you can cherish the distant memories but they have lost their velocity as ammunition to current fans. Enjoy Jerry Jones. Dallas deserves him.
Old 11-06-2013   #431
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #432
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's lighten up the mood up in here. I chose the Cowboys game over Texans Sunday Night Football because we were playing Minnesota, and I can't miss an opportunity to see Adrian Peterson play in our own back yard. However, even he acknowledges if he's playing against the Cowboys, the hometown family and friends have their limits.

I was rewarded with sideline passes prior to the game, and omg, what an experience. To be truthful, the game itself had a very ill feel, and when it ended, there was a huge sigh of relief and I have pictures to prove (it). Ok, Dread, I know how to not end a sentence, but, excuse me for a moment.

I just purchased my tickets for New Orleans, and looking forward to jumping back on the rollercoaster of what team will show up. I can't say I will be totally embarrassed if the outcome is lopsided because three days in the Big Easy will more than make up for any disappointments.

Now I am accepting recommendations. I already know there's a place called Mama's or something similar that's on the list. OK, I need to return to one of the Emeril's, Pat O'Briens and Harrah's. I welcome more suggestions.

By the time that January rolls around I am going to be one tremendously tired old lady, but the season, win or lose has really been exciting.
Old 11-06-2013   #433
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Its usually real easy to make fun of the Sh!tpies , but right now , they are probably making jokes about us .... we're the team with the 2-6 record.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #434
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #435
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Its usually real easy to make fun of the Sh!tpies , but right now , they are probably making jokes about us .... we're the team with the 2-6 record.
Truthfully, those I know and have been around at the games don't. We have our own team who's up one week and down the next, so Texans jokes would be a bit silly. I was at a game earlier this year, and when we saw the scores around the league where Texans were behind, a guy behind me had a look of disbelief as he said , damn the Texans are losing?

I think many Texans fans would be surprised that most Cowboys fans are supportive, and usually those who aren't live in the Houston area and have personal accounts of Texans fans animosity. On the other hand, fans from New Jersey, Arizona or Oklahoma, etc. are clueless. Imagine the disbelief Chris Christie would have if he saw a Texans fans jumping up from nowhere, shouting, Cowboys suck!
Old 11-07-2013   #436
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I can tell you that we really don't care about your Texans
Yeah right. That's why you choose to stick around a Texans message board. Cowboy fan has nothing to root for so they have to either piggy back on the Texans when they are good or try to grind on them when they are down. Typical classless, obnoxious, ignorant Cowboy fan.
Old 11-07-2013   #437
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Yeah right. That's why you choose to stick around a Texans message board. Cowboy fan has nothing to root for so they have to either piggy back on the Texans when they are good or try to grind on them when they are down. Typical classless, obnoxious, ignorant Cowboy fan.
I have to call you out for being redundant.

Cowboy fans says 'Is redundant when you reuse plastic water bottles and toilet paper?'
Old 11-07-2013   #438
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's try the truth!!!!

and that truth is??? that when you chose to talk about Dallas you also
must bore the fans, who will be here to either defend or discuss them

There is no whinning or crying over this!!!! and if we are talking about
classless, ignorant, obnoxious, behavoir...then let's talk about you who
constantly talk down about them every chance you get

I'm not interested in hearing about how this is your board or any other
crap you might have to say, but before you go making accusations take
a long hard look in the mirror cause this one time were pot and kettle
meet eye to eye
Take your ball and go back to South Oklahoma .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #439
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Truthfully, those I know and have been around at the games don't. We have our own team who's up one week and down the next, so Texans jokes would be a bit silly. I was at a game earlier this year, and when we saw the scores around the league where Texans were behind, a guy behind me had a look of disbelief as he said , damn the Texans are losing?

I think many Texans fans would be surprised that most Cowboys fans are supportive, and usually those who aren't live in the Houston area and have personal accounts of Texans fans animosity. On the other hand, fans from New Jersey, Arizona or Oklahoma, etc. are clueless. Imagine the disbelief Chris Christie would have if he saw a Texans fans jumping up from nowhere, shouting, Cowboys suck!
Just about every Cowboys fan that I know in real life roots for the Texans as their second team. They tell me "it's a Texas thing". Even my friends living in Dallas feel this way.

But, most Houston pro football fans I know dislike/hate the Cowboys, often going back generations.

Weird part is that it could have been the Houston Cowboys if not for Bud Adams blocking the use of Rice Stadium by the NFL in 1960. Go figure.
Old 11-07-2013   #440
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this for real? Both of these teams are crap right now, but the Cowboys have nothing to talk about. In the 10 years since the Texans were formed, they have won their division twice, and have 2 playoff wins. During that same time, the Cowboys, have won their division twice, and have 1 playoff win.

I think the team that's 10 years old is in the better position right now than the one that's been around since the 60s.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read