Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2013   #21
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Wanted...

Where we need the help wanted sign is for the OLB spot. B. Reed and Mercilus are not getting to the QB. All the pressure is coming from the interior line.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #22
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Where we need the help wanted sign is
your ****ing kidding right?
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #23
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm certainly not about to give up on the kid after this short time. Obviously the leash is getting shorter because, as Herv said, we have a lot riding on this year. We can't afford to call the 1-yard line to place to get for Bullock to get into FG range. He'll come around. We know he has the foot.

As we speak I'll bet he's in the film room, at the players request, watching Dre's beatdown on Courtney Innegan with the players whispering in his ear "next week...no pressure....but.........."

Old 09-15-2013   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Understand. Meaningless though. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else for another week, maybe two. If this continues they'll go in another direction. Too much riding on this season. The Texans think they're going to contend for a Super Bowl appearance this year. Bad kicking isn't going to allowed to derail that I don't think.
Concur. This isn't the week tho. We've carried him too long to cut him after 3 long range misses. One bad game happens, two bad games and it's a trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #25
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
your ****ing kidding right?
Kidding? No I'm not. Maybe you are watching different players but what has Brooks reed And Mercilus done to get to the QB? Both can't shed blocks to save their lives. Reed in my opinion is more suited to be an inside LB because as an OLB, he aint getting it done.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut him immediately. Kickers really have one job to do. It's the easiest player to replace.
He's already missed 4 kicks this season. There were 11 kickers who missed less than 4 kicks all of last year.
Old 09-15-2013   #27
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think his age or the "Aggie Connection" will save him. That stuff has to be more or less automatic and he's a train wreck back there. We've seen kickers sent packing for far less than he's done in just two weeks. Maybe last weeks game winner buys him some more time but look in his eyes. That young man is thinking too much and he's going to keep missing. There's not a doubt in my mind that the Texans coaches are thinking the same thing.

I bet Bullock doesn't make it two more weeks without some incredible, unforeseen change in his performance
Yes, I think 30 yarders are supposed to be automatic, but not 50 yard kicks. Not many kickers can knock down 50 yard kicks, you can probably count them on one hand.
Old 09-15-2013   #28
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Randy Bullock went home mad and kicked his dog. Luckily, it was wide right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #29
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Yes, I think 30 yarders are supposed to be automatic, but not 50 yard kicks. Not many kickers can knock down 50 yard kicks, you can probably count them on one hand.
Wrong.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #30
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy his hitting the ball very well.... I would be down on him otherwise. I think he is going to be great if he can get through this early psychological hurdle created by some unusual circumstances .. We will see. I sure wouldn't cut him for a street vet u less he falls apart . His kickoffs are amazing. He has a great leg!
Old 09-15-2013   #31
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

It's his second game ever in the NFL, and he was missing from 50 yards out. People need to chill.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #32
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
It's his second game ever in the NFL, and he was missing from 50 yards out. People need to chill.
A kicker being 1 of 5 after his first two games is a reason for concern. Lots of kickers don`t miss 4 kicks in a whole season. Like I said, if he can handle the pressure, give him another game. If he crumbles under the pressure we should call some veterans. We want a title run, we can`t wait for our kicker to turn it around. He almost cost us the game today.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #33
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
He's 1 for 4. He doesn't play for a team on the rise. He plays for a team that has SB aspirations, and therefore need a clutch kicker. The extra misses on the iced attempts didn't help anyone's confidence level.
Old 09-15-2013   #34
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So. Who's our NEW kicker going to be?

Okay our "rookie" kicker out of A&M missed TWO out of THREE in SanDiego and missed THREE out of THREE today. I KNOW I couldn't kick a field goal, but I'm also not being PAID to do so. One of the field goals he missed could have had us up 10 to 7. Had he made both the Texans would have lead 18 to 14 at one point. Had he made JUST ONE of the three there would have been NO NEED FOR AN OVERTIME! Here's what we know. As a kicker you don't:

a. Have to throw, catch or RUN with the football.
b. tackle if you don't really want to.

You have ONE responsibility to LAUNCH the ball down field over a 10 foot horizontal beam and through two vertical beams attached to it. THAT'S IT! THAT is your entire JOB! Are you expected to be PERFECT at it? Nope the only "perfect" individual who ever lived wound up being crucified. Can you expect to keep your job with a 33% success ratio one week and a 0% success rate the FOLLOWING week?

Like I said. I CAN NOT KICK A FIELD GOAL. and won't pretend I can, but I'm also not in the NFL. Who should the Texans pick up to replace this mook? He needs to be GONE.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #35
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that he needs to be doing better, but let's not forget that most of his misses were from around 50 yards. Those are tough kicks to make for even the better kickers.

If he starts missing from 30 yards out, we need to be looking in a different direction.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #36
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So. Who's our NEW kicker going to be?

There have been some really good kickers who had a little trouble there first few games then turned it around and became great. Let's give him a little more time.
Old 09-15-2013   #37
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we should thank him for making Kubiak open the playbook.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #38
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
There have been some really good kickers who had a little trouble there first few games then turned it around and became great. Let's give him a little more time.

Fair enough, but if he looks as bad next week I'm starting an online petition to not only have him booted from the Texans but to not allow him TO WATCH football anymore.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #39
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, he really shouldn't be allowed to watch football.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #40
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I agree that he needs to be doing better, but let's not forget that most of his misses were from around 50 yards. Those are tough kicks to make for even the better kickers.

If he starts missing from 30 yards out, we need to be looking in a different direction.
He's missed all four 50 yarders he's attempted. Average kickers will make at least one, probably two. Furthermore, he was kicking in beautiful weather with no wind and no precipitation. If the Texans chances to go to the playoffs are resting on Bullock's leg in Nashville on Dec. 29th, how's that going to make us all feel? Or how about the chance to advance in the playoffs on the road in Foxboro or Baltimore or Denver?

This is the NFL. I'm not interested in making or hearing excuses for the guy. If these were kicks in the rain or snow or wind (or a combination), I'd be listening. But they weren't. He needs to have made a couple of those.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read