Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2013   #301
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by potisyourfriend View Post
How about the Texans pulled another Boselli? No one is blaming Reed so calm down. The Texans made yet another mistake on an old player in the FA market. Why do they refuse to get legit serviceable non choir boy players as FAs? It sure would be nice if they ever decided to get a REAL #2 FA WR opposite AJ but they'll do that once AJ is gone and we need a #1 WR.

If Reed plays 5 games this year I will be shocked. Which would be 5x as many as Boselli.
Calm down? Go smoke some more of your friend........ It can't be determined whether or not the Texans made a mistake because a game hasn't been played yet. Reed's value won't be able to be determined until the end of the year. Boseli didn't play for a full season before the Texans drafted him. To me these are completely different situations.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #302
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Calm down? Go smoke some more of your friend........ It can't be determined whether or not the Texans made a mistake because a game hasn't been played yet. Reed's value won't be able to be determined until the end of the year. Boseli didn't play for a full season before the Texans drafted him. To me these are completely different situations.

I think the Texans smoked some when they signed that contract. Reed is old and had major hip surgery. I hope when he plays he's effective because just playing is irrelevant if he sucks.

I guess this is Ed being Ed :rollseyes:
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #303
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Texans smoked some when they signed that contract. Reed is old and had major hip surgery. I hope when he plays he's effective because just playing is irrelevant if he sucks.

I guess this is Ed being Ed :rollseyes:
Dude, Reed came off a season where he just had an INT in the Super Bowl that his team won. Boseli was injury riddle for a few years and didn't even play a game the season before the Texans drafted him. You can't even compare the 2 situations.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #304
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

It's so easy to be drastically negative about this whole Ed Reed thing.

Reed has a bad season, you look good for predicting something that doesn't take a football genius to figure out.

Reed has a productive season, you get to enjoy the success of being a Texan fan.

Win-win scenario.

And when you factor in the contract, losing Quinn, and there really not being any other options, and people just look silly for having such strong negative opinions towards this all.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #305
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
And when you factor in the contract, losing Quinn, and there really not being any other options, and people just look silly for having such strong negative opinions towards this all.
It wasn't about options. Plain & simple, Ed Reed expressed interest to Andre about wanting to be a Texan right after they won the Super Bowl. Andre relayed the information to Gary & Rick.

Gary & Rick decided Ed Reed had something to offer this team. They then formulated a plan that made sense to them. With the situation we were in, it made more sense, to them, to let Quin go. It had nothing to do with the money, we gave Ed Reed more or less the same money Detroit gave Quin. They decided they preferred Reed to Quin.

If Ed Reeds ability to play in week 1 is a major concern for someone, or if someone thinks this is Ahman Green/Tony Bosselli part 2 (or 3 depending how you're counting) then they simply do not understand the purpose Ed Reed is here.
Old 09-09-2013   #306
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter @ AdamSchefter

Texans S Ed Reed, recovering from off-
season hip surgery, is not expected to
play tonight vs. San Diego, per sources.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #307
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post

His source is PFT who posted this same story at 3:30 PM yesterday.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #308
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post

Really. I would have never guessed it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #309
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It wasn't about options. Plain & simple, Ed Reed expressed interest to Andre about wanting to be a Texan right after they won the Super Bowl. Andre relayed the information to Gary & Rick.

Gary & Rick decided Ed Reed had something to offer this team. They then formulated a plan that made sense to them. With the situation we were in, it made more sense, to them, to let Quin go. It had nothing to do with the money, we gave Ed Reed more or less the same money Detroit gave Quin. They decided they preferred Reed to Quin.

If Ed Reeds ability to play in week 1 is a major concern for someone, or if someone thinks this is Ahman Green/Tony Bosselli part 2 (or 3 depending how you're counting) then they simply do not understand the purpose Ed Reed is here.
if you want him to coach, let him retire and give him a whistle. Otherwise he is wasting a roster spot sitting on the bench. Until he gets full reps in practice, it is part 3. Seriously, they did not give the man a physical before signing him?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #310
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep reading a lot of battered spouse syndrome here. Ed isn't Boselli. He isn't Green. He isn't Moulds. Until he misses significant time I think some people are putting the cart before the horse.

My 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #311
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I keep reading a lot of battered spouse syndrome here. Ed isn't Boselli. He isn't Green. He isn't Moulds. Until he misses significant time I think some people are putting the cart before the horse.

My 2.
You're probably right, but it's so much more fun to be overly dramatic.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #312
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
if you want him to coach, let him retire and give him a whistle. Otherwise he is wasting a roster spot sitting on the bench. Until he gets full reps in practice, it is part 3. Seriously, they did not give the man a physical before signing him?
It's not about him coaching either & if you're asking about a physical, you need to use the search feature because we covered that several times long ago.
Old 09-09-2013   #313
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
You're probably right, but it's so much more fun to be overly dramatic.
I see. I'll stop trying to bring logic to this thread.
As I was...hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #314
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I see. I'll stop trying to bring logic to this thread.
As I was...hahaha
NO, DON'T, STOP! I've heard that before.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #315
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Playing in the game is irrelevant if he plays and isn't effective. I hope he can play and be effective. I keep hearing Ed is being Ed and will play the first game. Hopefully that's the case.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
Old 09-09-2013   #316
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Playing in the game is irrelevant if he plays and isn't effective. I hope he can play and be effective. I keep hearing Ed is being Ed and will play the first game. Hopefully that's the case.
Reed is inactive
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #317
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed not playing today should surprise no one. The cortisone injection and four plasma rich platelet injections he received a couple of weeks ago would not have been necessary if his labrum repair was healing as anticipated and if there was no significant inflammation in the area of the hip joint. Saying that the platelet injections would kick in after a week or two is demonstrating a total ignorance of how these injections are supposed to work. Even though at this time, studies have not been shown to demonstrate any consistency that these injections are effective, those that do claim some success, assess their progress at 6 months and 12 months. Thus whatever improvement may be appreciated may be strictly a reflection of what would have happened over time anyway given this additional natural healing time. It wouldn't surprise me a bit, if Reed is played in the Ravens game, in that it would be more of Reed trying to "sock it to" the team that released him after years of loyalty, and the Texans trying to save face for mis-assessing his hip health status and taking on a player with potential "dead weight." It also wouldn't surprise me if when he does eventually see the field again for a game or two, it may result in him disappearing for an indeterminate number of subsequent games, if he is fortunate enough to return at all. And with the way this recovery has gone to this point, what his performance when he does return is, will likely be one big crapshoot.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #318
potisyourfriend
All Pro

They did not release him. But still it's Ed being Ed, right? He'll be back next week and dominate the rest of the year
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
Old 09-15-2013   #319
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70695 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They did not release him. But still it's Ed being Ed, right? He'll be back next week and dominate the rest of the year
I don't know. I'm thinking if the Texans had to do it all over again, they'd probably shy away from him. Ed was great in his day, but it is beginning to look like the Ravens made the right move.
Old 09-15-2013   #320
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I don't know. I'm thinking if the Texans had to do it all over again, they'd probably shy away from him. Ed was great in his day, but it is beginning to look like the Ravens made the right move.
Keep your negative/second thought feelings out of this thread or else you'll wake the nut huggers.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read