Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-14-2013   #101
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
We're not at the next level, we are watching college football right now. I thought Manziel had one hell of a performance. He was responsible for 53 of their 71 plays via run or pass and played extremely well against a good defense. He made some mistakes, but that is to be expected when you are responsible for 75% of your teams offensive plays against a good defense.

Seems clear to me that he had a good game and that the defense was the clear problem for A&M.
Don't mind him. he's an admitted hater. Had Manziel gotten the comeback he'd just disappear and only start talking again when manziel made another mistake.

Notice he didn't show up till AFTER Alabama got a lead.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #102
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He did...accept it.... His mistakes led directly to points on the board... Accept it.

A&M's defense wasn't going to stop Bama..they were at least gonna put up 30.... They damn near put up 30 last year....his mistakes spotted them another 14 and took 7 off the board for them...

If this were the texans and Schaub did this folks would be calling for his head...
Clearly there is no reasonable conversation to be had when talking to you about Manziel.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #103
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Throwing the rock up for grabs and depending on your wr to make the play for you NUMEROUS times makes you a great college qb?...ok if you say so.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #104
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Clearly Tex doesn't understand mismatches
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #105
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Clearly he doesn't understand much about college football.

He's like a negative VY-fanboy. instead of thinking a QB is the best ever and can do no wrong, he thinks Manziel is horrible and can do nothing right, even when all the evidence says otherwise.
Old 09-14-2013   #106
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Aggies were good today. Their defense is slowly morphing into the Houston Cougars D but they got a buttload of offense and while I personally don't care much for Johnny Paycheck he is a hell of a football player.

Aggie fans should be pleased. I was hoping they'd get the **** beat out of them to maybe shut up some of the "instant" (just add winning!) fans who have popped up in my circle recently but this will do.
Old 09-14-2013   #107
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I understand mismatches just fine....I just don't think that him throwing it up to a guy with a clear size advantage makes him a great qb is all...on those type of plays, the WR is the guy who shoulders the largest part of the responsibility to ensure those plays are a success....the qb just has to get it in the vicinity of guys like that....this isn't even counting that garbage he threw up in the middle of the field that somehow got concerted for a 1st in the 1st half.

we've seen stafford do this with megaton for years.....and we always come away thinking that it was Johnson who made the play work not stafford.
Old 09-14-2013   #108
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am disappointed, but I'm also really not sad. I was impressed by the fight we put up, and to be honest though losses this close hurt, they also show that we can hang with the big boys too. If we had gotten blown out, everyone would have started talking trash about how our victory last year was a fluke - instead, they'll talk about a hard battle and hopefully the birth of a great rivalry. I was impressed by the politeness of Bama fans, and I can honestly say we did the right thing coming to the SEC.

Did we have issues? Yes. We also have youth, and lots of it. This is a team that is only going to get better with time. We have a great conference, great foes, and that kind of greatness breeds greatness of its own. Our star is still ascendant in Texas. The future is bright for A&M football, and I'm damn glad I've got 2.5 seasons left in the tank while I'm still here.

Congrats to Bama. They showed guts, just like our boys did, and they came out with a deserved victory. Looking forward to a great and rich rivalry between our progams for many years to come.

Farmers Fight! Farmers Fight! Farmers Farmers Fight!
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #109
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Talking Re: 2013 College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Clearly he doesn't understand much about college football.

He's like a negative VY-fanboy. instead of thinking a QB is the best ever and can do no wrong, he thinks Manziel is horrible and can do nothing right, even when all the evidence says otherwise.
What evidence? His stats? The system lends itself to stats as we've seen countless other qb's in this system or similar systems Throw up monster stats. just b/c he's the 1st to be able to test it out in the SEC doesn't mean he's a great qb....

I'm gonna let u make it though u seem
Old 09-14-2013   #110
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I am disappointed, but I'm also really not sad. I was impressed by the fight we put up, and to be honest though losses this close hurt, they also show that we can hang with the big boys too. If we had gotten blown out, everyone would have started talking trash about how our victory last year was a fluke - instead, they'll talk about a hard battle and hopefully the birth of a great rivalry. I was impressed by the politeness of Bama fans, and I can honestly say we did the right thing coming to the SEC.

Did we have issues? Yes. We also have youth, and lots of it. This is a team that is only going to get better with time. We have a great conference, great foes, and that kind of greatness breeds greatness of its own. Our star is still ascendant in Texas. The future is bright for A&M football, and I'm damn glad I've got 2.5 seasons left in the tank while I'm still here.

Congrats to Bama. They showed guts, just like our boys did, and they came out with a deserved victory. Looking forward to a great and rich rivalry between our progams for many years to come.

Farmers Fight! Farmers Fight! Farmers Farmers Fight!
Great post..if Manziel sticks around another year and learns how to be a TRUE pocket passer, get some more talent on defense u guys are primed for a run....
Old 09-14-2013   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't care what you call it, or how it translates. I sure do enjoy watching that boy play football.
Old 09-14-2013   #112
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, for the record, as far as draft-related talk goes... McCarron looked sharp today. Whether it was our defense being bad or McCarron just being good, but boy did that guy look like a general on the field.
Old 09-14-2013   #113
Stemp
Brew Master

Quote:
What evidence? His stats? The system lends itself to stats as we've seen countless other qb's in this system or similar systems Throw up monster stats. just b/c he's the 1st to be able to test it out in the SEC doesn't mean he's a great qb....

The stats are fairly equal between both teams. The difference in the game were the 2 INTs and the only one completely on Manziel is the one in the endzone.

You have already admitted you are Manziel hater. Even if he repeats as the Heisman winner you won't change your mind. Even if A&M wins out and wins a BCS bowl you won't change your mind. Even if A&M won this game, you wouldn't change your mind. So your opinion and objectivity is pretty much worthless.
Old 09-14-2013   #114
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ah yes, the system argument. The flaw in your plan is that those "system" quarterbacks always received a comeuppance against good competition. Manziel had those numbers against the top ranked team in the country for two consecutive years. You're a hater, we get it. At least try to be an honest hater.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-14-2013   #115
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The stats are fairly equal between both teams. The difference in the game were the 2 INTs and the only one completely on Manziel is the one in the endzone.

You have already admitted you are Manziel hater. Even if he repeats as the Heisman winner you won't change your mind. Even if A&M wins out and wins a BCS bowl you won't change your mind. Even if A&M won this game, you wouldn't change your mind. So your opinion and objectivity is pretty much worthless.
Lol....ok... But let's revisit that pick 6...how is that not on him? That ball should've never been thrown and it was badly thrown at that. How can you sit up here and say that was not on him?
Old 09-14-2013   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm watching Okie state demolish my local Lamar Cardinals.
Old 09-14-2013   #117
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lol....ok... But let's revisit that pick 6...how is that not on him? That ball should've never been thrown and it was badly thrown at that. How can you sit up here and say that was not on him?
If I'm Manziel and I'm a betting man (and I'm sure he is) I'm going to go for those and trust the receiver to come down with it. When he throws to Mike Evans I am actually really calm because Evans will just punk the DB and come down with it anyway. I can't speak for certain (I had a great seat but I was screaming so loudly I can't remember the play accurately) but that ball looked like it bounced off the WR's palms and up in the air.
Old 09-14-2013   #118
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
If I'm Manziel and I'm a betting man (and I'm sure he is) I'm going to go for those and trust the receiver to come down with it. When he throws to Mike Evans I am actually really calm because Evans will just punk the DB and come down with it anyway. I can't speak for certain (I had a great seat but I was screaming so loudly I can't remember the play accurately) but that ball looked like it bounced off the WR's palms and up in the air.

I'm not a fan of A&M or Manziel but I think throwing it up to a receiver he trusts and who routinely makes the play is hardly the thing to ding him for. I can't think of a single great QB at any level who doesn't do that if he's got a receiver he trusts to go up and get it.
Old 09-14-2013   #119
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Ah yes, the system argument. The flaw in your plan is that those "system" quarterbacks always received a comeuppance against good competition. Manziel had those numbers against the top ranked team in the country for two consecutive years. You're a hater, we get it. At least try to be an honest hater.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, cept Johnny boy gets to play with better talent than those other qbs did.....i also seem to remember case keenum balling out against a # 15 ok state ...and a couple of other ranked teams in his tenure at UH...pat white ballin out against a top 5 OU team in a BCS bowl...graham Harrell ballin out against a # 2 Texas team..what Johnny boy is doing isn't special...

To be honest I should be thanking him..there's been this pervading myth that these kinds of offenses can't work in the SEC.. He and A&M are showing that they can.

In the next few years, you'll start to see more of these spread systems In the SEC and finally everyone will see that the SEC Isn't exempt from what most of these other conferences have been facing. To be honest, I think Oregon will tear Bama a new ******* if they wind up meeting in the NC. This is the beginning of the end for SEC dominance.
Old 09-14-2013   #120
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm not a fan of A&M or Manziel but I think throwing it up to a receiver he trusts and who routinely makes the play is hardly the thing to ding him for. I can't think of a single great QB at any level who doesn't do that if he's got a receiver he trusts to go up and get it.
Yep. And boy I hope Mike Evans doesn't leave with Johnny this year. Mike Evans is going to make Kyle Allen's day next year. He is a playmaking machine. Secure hands and makes the play. Hard to bring down. I can go on and on. The guy is a freak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read