Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2013   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wednesday Injury Report: Texans vs. Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I really hope they manage his health carefully .... so we don't see that downward spiral we saw from week 12-13 thru the end of the season again.

Thanks for the info Doc ....
Well, the good news is that Sharpton is apparently planning on being All Pro this year:

Quote:
I never feel like I’m deteriorating,” he said. “Honestly, I feel like I’m rejuvenated. Every time I come back from an injury, I’m better than I was before. It’s like the more I get hurt, the better I get. It’s not like I’m breaking down. I feel like I’m as good as I’ve been as a football player.

And I would say he's well on his way to a HoF career.

LINK

Old 09-13-2013   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak comments today:

Quote:
(on FS Ed Reeds status) I would just say the same thing that I said yesterday applies today. How about that?

(on how much FS Ed Reed practiced today) No, nothing different. He took a good portion of practice today. Im going to go in there and visit with him and see where were at. Itll be a game-time deal.

(on working out FS Ed Reed before last weeks game and if thatll happen again this week) No, we made a decision late Sunday that we would work him out as a non-player, so we worked him harder. Obviously, this week, were heading in a different direction. Were taking a look at him early before the game as a possible player. That would be the difference.
Quote:
(on how WR DeVier Posey has been doing) Hes doing good. Hes not all the way back yet. We knew that, but I think hes getting very close. Last week, there werent a lot of offensive plays for him. Most of his plays came on special teams, but his practice this week was the best hes had. I think hes probably a few weeks away from being totally back and his confidence, and what hes doing, physical shape, running all the routes and everything. But I feel better about him each day we go out.

BTW, everyone was a FULL practice except Wade Smith and Ed Reed, who were LIMITED.........of course, a non-contact day. This was posted 1 hour ago.....and was labelled "THURSDAY INJURY REPORT" but dated 9/15/13. I would like to know what is really going on with the injury reports.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well, the good news is that Sharpton is apparently planning on being All Pro this year:

And I would say he's well on his way to a HoF career.

LINK

Tells us something about his insight.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
― Aristotle
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sharpton has finally passed his concussion protocol, and is now able to prepare for his next injury.
msr. Can't stop laughing at that.

Perfect description of the situation. Someone hand Sharpton his Bennie Joppru Lifetime Achievement Award and lets move on after this year.
Old 09-13-2013   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
msr. Can't stop laughing at that.

Perfect description of the situation. Someone hand Sharpton his Bennie Joppru Lifetime Achievement Award and lets move on after this year.
I got him for you ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sharpton has finally passed his concussion protocol, and is now able to prepare for his next injury.
Are you going to start a poll?

You have at least a couple choices on which way to go:
1). How long before he's out again

or

2) which type of injury will befall the poor lad next...? Groin? Hammy? Another concussion? Anti-awesomeness?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Are you going to start a poll?

You have at least a couple choices on which way to go:
1). How long before he's out again

or

2) which type of injury will befall the poor lad next...? Groin? Hammy? Another concussion? Anti-awesomeness?
I thunk Anti-awesomeness was a hammy...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #28
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton status 'ready to go'

Reed still up in air obviously.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...1411d8d8ff4dd2
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read