Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-31-2013   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

Tajh Boyd is the real deal. My #1 QB.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #22
Swearinger
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Swearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love to see Clemson win this one.
Swearinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #23
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Told y'all Sammy Watkins was a beast.
Old 08-31-2013   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
No, he's always been terrible and everybody always goes back to his potential. "Well, he's a big kid with a big arm." He constantly makes poor decisions and hasn't improved even a little bit since his first start.

His situation has never been bad either. They have always had a good and disciplined defense to back him up. He's had some playmakers on offense in his time there. Thomas has always been the weak link.

I type this as he throws the ball into the ground to nobody on one of the worst passes I have seen all day. Little to no pressure on the play. I used to think he had potential too, but it was never realized.
Jamarcus Russell v.2.0
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Told y'all Sammy Watkins was a beast.
How does a guy with 10-3/4 drop a punt?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #26
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
How does a guy with 10-3/4 drop a punt?
He tried to snag it out of the air for some reason. Poor technique.

Tajh Boyd 300+ yards and 5 total touchdowns against Georgia.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 08-31-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2013   #27
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Just watched the Miami game
Wow
That was a field day for Morris and Duke Johnson

Morris too, wouldn't mind him. Morris is showing progression and taking his game to another level.
Morris will get his best test this week (Florida) and we will find out if he is the real deal. He needs to complete more than 60% of passes. Last year only 58% and that translates in to < than 50% in the NFL
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #28
Swearinger
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Swearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respected

South Carolina vs Georgia about to bump heads. Should be a great game.

Go Cocks!
Old 09-07-2013   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Morris will get his best test this week (Florida) and we will find out if he is the real deal. He needs to complete more than 60% of passes. Last year only 58% and that translates in to < than 50% in the NFL
Not a big fan if Morris, but the Canes defense got it done against Florida.
Old 09-07-2013   #30
Swearinger
Rookie

Quote:
Not a big fan if Morris, but the Canes defense got it done against Florida.
Yeah the Canes defense was all over Driskell. It looked like he was picking himself up off the turf after every snap. The Canes defense played great today.
Old 09-12-2013   #31
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

What on Earth is Texas Tech wearing tonight vs TCU?

It looks like gray-slash-purple or something like.

They have awesome school colors and do that to themselves...lol.
Old 09-12-2013   #32
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

I'm liking it, but I'm biased, love my New Braunfels friend Cliff Kingsbury
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I'm liking it, but I'm biased, love my New Braunfels friend Cliff Kingsbury
At least he doesn't have to wear the uniform...lol.

10-0 Tech at the half. I haven't watched this game much at all, but shutting out the Frogs in a half isn't too shabby.
Old 09-12-2013   #34
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what I just watched. There were a lot of questionable calls in the Tech/TCU game. Even the announcers had no idea what was going on.
Old 09-13-2013   #35
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I don't know what I just watched. There were a lot of questionable calls in the Tech/TCU game. Even the announcers had no idea what was going on.
I was at the game so I don't know what the announcers said, but I agree that this was a strange game as far as officiating went.

And grey uniforms suck. I hope I never see those things again. All black, I can live with. All white, I could have gotten used to. All grey for a school whose colors are red and black? Someone is smoking something they should not be.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #36
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

Yeah, I remember SCar rolling out some military fatigue grey urban combat style ones, those were weird too and the Tech ones reminded me of those.

For the record, though the stormtrooper unis the A&M team wore against Alabama were nice, I hope we go with the black ones. Those look sick, even if some people were whining about how they didn't fit with Aggie tradition.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #37
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Yeah, I remember SCar rolling out some military fatigue grey urban combat style ones, those were weird too and the Tech ones reminded me of those.

For the record, though the stormtrooper unis the A&M team wore against Alabama were nice, I hope we go with the black ones. Those look sick, even if some people were whining about how they didn't fit with Aggie tradition.
They all black Seminole unis are sweet too.

Old 09-14-2013   #38
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Those may have been for the Wounded Warrior project, where the jerseys are auctioned off after the game to raise money for wounded veterans' medical care. Texas Tech did that and ended up with a really cool design--there was a demand for the jerseys after the event was over, so now they do it every year (and sell tee shirts with that design as well). I think Kansas State is our next Wounded Warrior game.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #39
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Those may have been for the Wounded Warrior project, where the jerseys are auctioned off after the game to raise money for wounded veterans' medical care. Texas Tech did that and ended up with a really cool design--there was a demand for the jerseys after the event was over, so now they do it every year (and sell tee shirts with that design as well). I think Kansas State is our next Wounded Warrior game.
Well, the design may not be the best imo, but that is a really great cause they're doing it for. More power to them.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013   #40
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Prediction:

Alabama 48 - Texas A&M 20

Bama 300+ yards rushing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read