Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-13-2013   #21
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy football whiner line

Well, I can`t whine too much since I just got the biggest blowout in the league and am very happy with my team - I just have one problem: no real WR depth, but too good players to just cut anyone. Here is my team:

Ray Rice RB
Alfred Morris RB
Demaryius Thomas WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Robert Griffin III QB
Antonio Brown WR
DeMarco Murray RB
Darren McFadden RB
Jermichael Finley TE
Arizona DEF
Tavon Austin WR
Joe Flacco QB
Julius Thomas TE
Matt Prater K
Jared Cook TE

Now why am I whining? Because people in my league seem to hate trading - in the last couple of seasons Ive only seen 1 trade done. Now Ive offered a team with decent WR depth but only 1 real HB Morris for AJ Green which would`ve helped us both a lot (some might argue that I get the worst end of the deal). He refused and offered me Greg Jennings for Morris instead - and actually believed that would`ve been a fair trade.

I have several other trade offers out, but noone else even reacted to them. Now I am thinking about just cutting a TE and grab a WR from waver wire (thinking about Hopkins) - would you do that and if yes, which TE would you drop?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
F-you Mike Wallace! 1 fricken point!? F-you and the horse you forgot to ride in on!
I was in the same boat... but I realized I was stupid to start him. He had done nothing in the preseason, either he & Tannehill aren't jiving or Wallace is over-rated.

He's going to see the bench until I find out one way or the other.
Old 09-13-2013   #23
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Well, I can`t whine too much since I just got the biggest blowout in the league and am very happy with my team - I just have one problem: no real WR depth, but too good players to just cut anyone. Here is my team:

Ray Rice RB
Alfred Morris RB
Demaryius Thomas WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Robert Griffin III QB
Antonio Brown WR
DeMarco Murray RB
Darren McFadden RB
Jermichael Finley TE
Arizona DEF
Tavon Austin WR
Joe Flacco QB
Julius Thomas TE
Matt Prater K
Jared Cook TE

Now why am I whining? Because people in my league seem to hate trading - in the last couple of seasons Ive only seen 1 trade done. Now Ive offered a team with decent WR depth but only 1 real HB Morris for AJ Green which would`ve helped us both a lot (some might argue that I get the worst end of the deal). He refused and offered me Greg Jennings for Morris instead - and actually believed that would`ve been a fair trade.

I have several other trade offers out, but noone else even reacted to them. Now I am thinking about just cutting a TE and grab a WR from waver wire (thinking about Hopkins) - would you do that and if yes, which TE would you drop?
There must not be very many people in your league or the other teams don't know how to draft....

Maybe trade Mcfadden or Murray for a WR
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #24
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
There must not be very many people in your league or the other teams don't know how to draft....

Maybe trade Mcfadden or Murray for a WR
Its a 10 team standard scoring league. I am trying as hell to get a trade done and cash in on one of my HBs or TEs or both with a good WR - but people in my league don`t want to trade...
Old 09-13-2013   #25
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67472 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Outscored my projected total by 56 points. Lost by .32 points. There's nothing fair in this world
Old 09-13-2013   #26
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I b*tch about my game? Last night there were only two elements in play - my QB Tom Brady and opponent's Pats D.

The Pats D outscored Tom Brady. FML FML FML
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post

Ray Rice RB
Alfred Morris RB
Demaryius Thomas WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Robert Griffin III QB
Antonio Brown WR
DeMarco Murray RB
Darren McFadden RB
Jermichael Finley TE
Arizona DEF
Tavon Austin WR
Joe Flacco QB
Julius Thomas TE
Matt Prater K
Jared Cook TE

You have 3 TE's, I'd wait a week maybe two (you've got plenty of RB/WR's to fill starting spots including flex) to see who the best drop would be. Right now, I'd be leaning heavily towards Finley.

Also, you might look around and see if there are any suspended guys on the WW (Blackmon, Josh Gordon), or I'd probably package one of Thomas or Cook to a TE needy person that has some WR's. But Thomas/Fitz/Brown is not that bad of a WR corps.
Old 09-13-2013   #28
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You have 3 TE's, I'd wait a week maybe two (you've got plenty of RB/WR's to fill starting spots including flex) to see who the best drop would be. Right now, I'd be leaning heavily towards Finley.

Also, you might look around and see if there are any suspended guys on the WW (Blackmon, Josh Gordon), or I'd probably package one of Thomas or Cook to a TE needy person that has some WR's. But Thomas/Fitz/Brown is not that bad of a WR corps.
Id like to think so, but I only have 1 bench WR (Austin)... Fitz is listed as questionable for sunday (game time decision) and he is playing after Austin, so Id have no chance to react. It would all be so much easier, if anyone in my league would be open to any kind of fair trade...
Old 09-14-2013   #29
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to slap myself for sitting Jared Cook for Zach sudfield last Sunday! Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling instead of listening to these fantasy pros. Needless to stay I dropped him as soon as I could and picked up Julius Thomas.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #30
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Had Hopkins on the bench today. 25 points.

NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was in the same boat... but I realized I was stupid to start him. He had done nothing in the preseason, either he & Tannehill aren't jiving or Wallace is over-rated.

He's going to see the bench until I find out one way or the other.
Dumba55 !!!
Old 09-16-2013   #32
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what is ridiculous? Russell Wilson getting 9 flippin points while Bradford gets 31 on my bench and Cutler scores 21.

And, oh, hey, Witten, you turd, 1 point? KMA.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #33
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dumba55 !!!
Gentle reminder:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Joe Haden has OWNED Mike Wallace for years now. Never take Wallace vs Haden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #34
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
How did that turn out for you?
Not too shabby...

Schaub - - - 24
Graham - - - 7
Daniels - - - 14
Bullock - - - 8 .
. . . . . . . . . . 53 pts from my Texans

I tried to talk one of my opponents into a trade, DeAndre Hopkins for Doug Martin, during the course of last week but he wouldn't bite.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #35
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Had Hopkins on the bench today. 25 points.

I'm still going to try to make a trade for Hopkins.

I already have Posey. I suspect if A.J. has to sit out a week because of the concussion protocol, Posey might actually see some live action.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Is it too early to droo Frank Gore? I didn't want to draft him in the first place. Looks like Kendall Hunter is their future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-17-2013   #37
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I was prepared to bench Russell Wilson for Bradford or Cutler and then saw the Seahawks are playing the Jags.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it too early to droo Frank Gore? I didn't want to draft him in the first place. Looks like Kendall Hunter is their future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
I'd try to find an RB needy team and see if you can get something for him.
Old 09-18-2013   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it too early to droo Frank Gore?
Don't just drop him. He'd still be taken in the top 40 picks if you redraft.

Wait for him to score -- likely this week vs. Colts -- then trade him to a team weak on RBs who has players at positions you need.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #40
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm still going to try to make a trade for Hopkins.

I already have Posey. I suspect if A.J. has to sit out a week because of the concussion protocol, Posey might actually see some live action.
I think I'm going to start him this week because I'm thinking they might limit A.J. Especially if we get a lead.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read