Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-12-2013   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame

Pffffffff yeah Freaking right....... Thats like putting David Carr in the Hall of Fame.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-hall-of-famer

Quote:
Besides the playoffs, one thing I would like to accomplish is to be considered in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I realize there may be some hard feelings about me moving the team to Nashville, but I truly feel my body of work

I dont like tooting my own horn. But at my age, and now being the senior NFL owner, there is no one from back in those days than can really speak up for me now. I really feel this year could be a year I get serious consideration after 53 years. Im sure hoping thats the case.
Besides the play-offs ??? Are you freaking kidding me.
Old 09-12-2013   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Pffffffff yeah Freaking right....... Thats like putting David Carr in the Hall of Fame.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-hall-of-famer

Besides the play-offs ??? Are you freaking kidding me.
I hate Bud Adams for screwing Houston, but what he did for the AFC and the NFL he deserves to be there.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I hate Bud Adams for screwing Houston, but what he did for the AFC and the NFL he deserves to be there.
If adams hadnt left, then we wouldnt have one of the most bad ass logos in the nfl
Old 09-12-2013   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Can we at least wait until he's dead just to spite him though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

**** Bud Adams.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
**** Bud Adams.
Well said....Watch and learn from G here guys. He knows what he's talking about !
Old 09-12-2013   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

See sig.
Old 09-12-2013   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

He deserves to be there. I hate it, but he deserves to be there.

He even needs his own room there....that way we all visiting the HOF wouldn't catch his disease(s).

I so hate that man.
Old 09-13-2013   #9
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I rarely let people get a free parking spot in my brain via hatred, but he earned one. There aren't enough four letter words in the alphabet to truly describe my opinion of that "man". **** him.
Old 09-13-2013   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Time has softened my view on the team moving, because I feel like Houston is way better off now. We ended up with a better team and a better owner, so it was worth the times that were bleak, IMO. Houston loves football, but it's so much better to love a team like the Texans over the Oilers. That said, I don't see what he's done to earn a spot in the HOF. I mean, does the mere fact that he bought one of the original AFC teams mean he's deserving of the HOF? That's it? It's not like he started this franchise and then built this storied history. He basically has an also ran team. The Oilers had a few good years and of all the people responsible for the failures of the team, he's one of the biggest culprits. He fired the best coach in team history at the pinnacle of the team's success. He meddled with players and coaches, he fought the fan base, and he generally fostered a culture that wasn't conducive to winning. If you took the same collection of talent from the seven year run of playoff appearances and stuck them in Pittsburgh, Dallas, or hell, even Cincinnati, they would have at least gone to the Super Bowl.

He should be the first inductee of the Hall of Infamy.
Old 09-13-2013   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What did he do for the AFC? Well other than often being the doormat for the AFC.

His role in the formation of the AFL is overstated. It was Lamar Hunt that convinced Pud to start a franchise in Houston after Pud had shown interest in buying the NFL Cardinals and moving them from Chicago.

I don't think the owner of a franchise with a .492 winning percentage now in their 53rd or 54th season warrants said owner to be in the HOF.

In fact this POS should have an express ticket to the Hall of Shame.

**** you Pud Adams!!
Old 09-13-2013   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. Sad, but true.
Old 09-13-2013   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Yep. Sad, but true.
Not really Dan. A lot of revisionist history in his role in the formation of the AFL.
Old 09-13-2013   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What did he do for the AFC? Well other than often being the doormat for the AFC.

His role in the formation of the AFL is overstated. It was Lamar Hunt that convinced Pud to start a franchise in Houston after Pud had shown interest in buying the NFL Cardinals and moving them from Chicago.

I don't think the owner of a franchise with a .492 winning percentage now in their 53rd or 54th season warrants said owner to be in the HOF.

**** you Pud Adams!!
That's where I stand. I know what Lamar Hunt, Al Davis and Ralph Wilson did to get the AFL going and to facilitate the merger. Beyond having money, and living in a football crazed city in a football crazed state, I'm pretty much unfamiliar with the contributions of K.S. "Bud" Adams.

Seriously, if there's genuine contributions to the cause that I don't know about, I'd love to find out what they are, because I love hearing about the history of the AFL. It's just that with all I've heard, and all I remember, his name doesn't come up much in that regard.
Old 09-13-2013   #16
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
If adams hadnt left, then we wouldnt have one of the most bad ass logos in the nfl
Instead we would have this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.1 KB, 5 views)
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
pretty much..../ thread
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

**** you Pud Adams!!

Founding member no less.

I try not to think about him much because the Oilers/Texans "break" sucked and I've never really been able to buy into the Texans like I did the Oilers. It's a childhood/nostalgia thing I guess and the Texans and Bob McNair are clearly better in every possible way. No argument there.

It's just that the Oilers were my team and now they don't exist. The Texans will most likely always be a work in progress for me to embrace completely.
Old 09-13-2013   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Founding member no less.

I try not to think about him much because the Oilers/Texans "break" sucked and I've never really been able to buy into the Texans like I did the Oilers. It's a childhood/nostalgia thing I guess and the Texans and Bob McNair are clearly better in every possible way. No argument there.

It's just that the Oilers were my team and now they don't exist. The Texans will most likely always be a work in progress for me to embrace completely.
No doubt, but so were the owners of the Boston Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo Bills, New York Titans, Raiders and Broncos.

*EDIT*

Oooops and the real hero of the league, Dallas Texans owner Lamar Hunt.
Old 09-13-2013   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really Dan. A lot of revisionist history in his role in the formation of the AFL.
However you want to slice it, he's a co-founder of the AFL, the announcement literally came from HIS office, not Hunt's. The Billy Cannon deal is one of the things that helped convince the NFL that the AFL was a serious contender for talent.

I won't invite the man to dinner anytime soon, but he held a pivotal role in the formation of "today's NFL".

If Art Modell, (who had rabid fan support in Cleveland and moved anyway) can be considered for the Hall, then why not Adams? Sure, the Oilers moved, but fan support had grown non-existent. Last Browns home game attendance? - 55,875 Last Oilers home game attendance? - 15,131 The Browns had a worse record to boot.

Revisionist I'm not. I may hate the man for the way he handled things in H-Town (from demanding upgrades we're still paying for to moving anyway, to not releasing the Oilers name), but he still helped make the league what it is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read