Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-10-2013   #1
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Who Should I Start Thread

I have not seen this Thread set-up yet so i figured ill start it out.

Post your roster question and get some educated guesses

And Specify PPR or NON PPR

Start (1) Flex

Brian Hartline vs Colts
Lamar Miller vs Colts (he had 3 yrds vs Browns but COlts gave up 173 yrds rushing last game)
Brent Celek vs Chargers
Andre Roberts vs Lions

I think it might be to soon to give-up on Miller but who do yall think?

Last edited by SCOTTexans; 09-11-2013 at 03:35 PM.
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #2
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Who Should I Start Thread

Id go with Celek. Chargers looked bad against OD and Graham and Eagles have a lightning quick offense.

Here is my dilemma (standard scoring league):

Pick 2 out of 4 HBs:

Ray Rice vs. Cleveland (he is my safe pick)
Alfred Morris vs. GB
Demarco Murrey vs. KC
Darren McFadden vs. JAX

Pick 1 out of 3 TEs (yeah, I have 3 TEs right now - picked up julio Thomas on waiver wire - will try to trade one of them for a WR)

Jared Cook vs. Atl
Jermichael Finley vs. WSH
Julio Thomas vs. NYG

Who would you pick?

Last edited by LikeMike; 09-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
I have not seen this Thread set-up yet so i figured ill start it out.

Post your roster question and get some educated guesses

Start (1) Flex

Brian Hartline vs Colts
Lamar Miller vs Colts (he had 3 yrds vs Browns but COlts gave up 173 yrds rushing last game)
Brent Celek vs Chargers
Andre Roberts vs Lions

I think it might be to soon to give-up on Miller but who do yall think?
I wouldn't give up on Miller but I would make him prove he deserves a starting spot before I put him back in my lineup.

Hartline looks to be a great play in PPR leagues this season and a solid play in non ppr's.

Celek I'm still not sold on, lot's of mouths to feed in Philly.

Andre Roberts is going to catch a lot of balls this season and I could see a shootout vs Detroit.

Long story short, I would probably go with Roberts followed by Hartline.
Old 09-11-2013   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Id go with Celek. Chargers looked bad against OD and Graham and Eagles have a lightning quick offense.

Here is my dilemma:

Pick 2 out of 4 HBs:

Alfred Morris vs. GB
Demarco Murrey vs. KC
Darren McFadden vs. JAX

Pick 1 out of 3 TEs (yeah, I have 3 TEs right now - picked up julio Thomas on waiver wire - will try to trade one of them for a WR)

Jared Cook vs. Atl
Julio Thomas vs. NYG

Who would you pick?
I would go Rice and Morris.

Doesn't look like you can really go wrong at TE, I honestly don't know who I would start. Thomas probably offers the highest upside but is also probably the riskiest play.

* It's Julius Thomas
Old 09-11-2013   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here is my dilemma:

Pick 2 out of 4 HBs:

Alfred Morris vs. GB
Demarco Murrey vs. KC
Darren McFadden vs. JAX

Jared Cook vs. Atl
Julio Thomas vs. NYG

Who would you pick?
I would go with Rice & Morris at RB and Finley at TE.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Scoring system -- PPR or standard -- makes a difference.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
For mine it's standard. No PPR, 10 yards per point, 6 for TD.

Pick 1 WR:

Greg Jennings @ Chi
Brian Hartline @ Ind
Alshon Jeffery vs. Min
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2013   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

Pick 1 WR:

Greg Jennings @ Chi
Brian Hartline @ Ind
Alshon Jeffery vs. Min
After watching Christian Ponder look terrible I'm wary of Greg Jennings, especially against two corners as good as Tillman and Tim Jennings. I think in this case nobody would chastise you for going with the hot hand in Hartline for this one week while you keep an eye on Jennings.

Standard Scoring, No PPR

MJD @ OAK
Lamar Miller @Indy
Antonio Brown @CIN

I'm leaning MJD but that first outing against KC was rough. Conversely, I believe Gabbert isn't playing this week which means I think they go heavy on the running (or maybe they don't who the hell knows).
Old 09-11-2013   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
After watching Christian Ponder look terrible I'm wary of Greg Jennings, especially against two corners as good as Tillman and Tim Jennings. I think in this case nobody would chastise you for going with the hot hand in Hartline for this one week while you keep an eye on Jennings.

Standard Scoring, No PPR

MJD @ OAK
Lamar Miller @Indy
Antonio Brown @CIN

I'm leaning MJD but that first outing against KC was rough. Conversely, I believe Gabbert isn't playing this week which means I think they go heavy on the running (or maybe they don't who the hell knows).
I would go with MJD.
Old 09-11-2013   #10
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pick 1 WR:

Greg Jennings @ Chi
Brian Hartline @ Ind
Alshon Jeffery vs. Min
Thanks guys, repped the ones that helped me.

For your problem Id also go with Hartline - his numbers will go down some, but I wouldn`t trust the other two...

@bOng

Definetly MJD. OAK`s D should help a lot. I wouldn`t go near Miller right now - Antonio Brown could be good as well, but MJD looks like a safe bet!
Old 09-11-2013   #11
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
good point. i edited the first post
Old 09-11-2013   #12
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
Here is my dilemma:
Pick 2 out of 4 HBs:

Alfred Morris vs. GB
Demarco Murrey vs. KC
Darren McFadden vs. JAX

Jared Cook vs. Atl
Julio Thomas vs. NYG

Rice and Morris (Rice had a good game against GB and with Morris i think you can't go wrong with that choice)

and Thomas, NYG can't cover TE in the Redzone...

Quote:

Pick 1 WR:

Greg Jennings @ Chi
Brian Hartline @ Ind
Alshon Jeffery vs. Min

I like Hartline out of that group... he is Miami's safety net since they dont have a TE

Quote:

Standard Scoring, No PPR

MJD @ OAK
Lamar Miller @Indy
Antonio Brown @CIN

Tough one... MJD Oak held the colts passing game but failed to stop the run
Old 09-11-2013   #13
SCOTTexans
All Pro

My other League.... Non PPR

(1) WR

Dwayne Bowe
Mike Williams
Andre Roberts
Brian Hartline
Old 09-11-2013   #14
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Quote:

(1) WR

Dwayne Bowe
Mike Williams
Andre Roberts
Brian Hartline
Id go with Dwayne Bowe - yeah he was aweful last week, but too much talent and now with a decent QB. And he is a redzone target...
Old 09-11-2013   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

(1) WR

Dwayne Bowe
Mike Williams
Andre Roberts
Brian Hartline
Don't sit your studs.
Old 09-12-2013   #16
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't sit your studs.
I'm planning on starting Terelle Pryor, over Drew Brees this week - so I'm taking a sometime sit your studs.

Never been much of a matchup guy - however Brees on the road vs Revis compared to Pryor in a home debut against the Jags swings the pendulum for me.
Old 09-12-2013   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Need help with this one for my flex spot....

James Jones WSH
Daryl Richardson @ATL

I would normally go with James Jones if not for the fact that he didn't get a single point for me last week. Thoughts?
Old 09-13-2013   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm planning on starting Terelle Pryor, over Drew Brees this week - so I'm taking a sometime sit your studs.

Never been much of a matchup guy - however Brees on the road vs Revis compared to Pryor in a home debut against the Jags swings the pendulum for me.

After watching Geno Smith tonight and thinking about how he went for 250+ yards on like 60+% completion with a TD against the Bucs are you sure that's wise?

Also, the Raiders are going to be starting Khalif Barnes at LT because Menelik Watson had to have surgery on his knee after the OAK/Indy game. I don't think the Jags are going to win or anything, but that has ugly low scoring game written all over it.
Old 09-13-2013   #19
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After watching Geno Smith tonight and thinking about how he went for 250+ yards on like 60+% completion with a TD against the Bucs are you sure that's wise?

Also, the Raiders are going to be starting Khalif Barnes at LT because Menelik Watson had to have surgery on his knee after the OAK/Indy game. I don't think the Jags are going to win or anything, but that has ugly low scoring game written all over it.
I thought Geno was pretty good tonight - his receivers were not helping him out at all. I've been pretty impressed by him considering the pre-season ridiculousness that the Jets endured - and that he is playing for, well, the Jets.

From watching Pryor in preseason, I think he has got a lot of fantasy potential - his O-line wasn't great to begin with, and now his LT is down, he's going to be having to use his legs quite a bit - which I think he'll be able to do with some effect. With the yardage that Pryor put up in the air and on the ground against Indy, whom I don't think are an bad defense, I've got hope Pryor will be able to at least match Brees in fantasy points this week.

Time will tell how it goes. For what it's worth, I've also got McFadden, and picked up the Raiders DST in for the week as well, leaving Indy on the bench.

Ultimate boom or bust stuff - I'm either going to look like an idiot, or I'm going to have bragging rights over the league commish (who I'm playing this week) for the season. Regardless I'll make sure I pop back in to gloat/eat crow.
Old 09-13-2013   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Need help with this one for my flex spot....

James Jones WSH
Daryl Richardson @ATL

I would normally go with James Jones if not for the fact that he didn't get a single point for me last week. Thoughts?
I would go with Jones. I don't see Richardson doing too much vs ATL and all Jones needs is one big catch to have a good day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read