Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2013   #21
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40550 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We cannot win a championship if....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I saw a lot better coverage in the 2nd half, prob why he was slower to get rid of the ball, JoJo in the 2nd half actually looked like his old self minus the first drive by SD after half time.
I actually thought JoJo and KJ played awesome games! Even on the long pass to Floyd, JoJo had good coverage and came close to swiping the ball out of his hands. It was just a perfectly thrown ball by Rivers and an excellent catch by Floyd... in those situations, the offense is going to win every time.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We can win a championship because quite frankly the AFC is a mess!

The Pats are barely going to be able to field a team this week
The Ravens are not what they were
The Broncos as good as they looked Thursday still have holes and if they have to play the whole season like Thursday Mannings arm will fall off
The Bengals....they are us a few years ago
The Steelers are done
The Colts still have swiss cheese for an oline and can not stop the run
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #23
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40550 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

... we don't make it into playoffs.

Like what others have said, there's no such thing as a perfect team. Every team in the NFL has holes and major issues. The Broncos can't run the ball, Patriots' secondary is still horrible and they're running out of receivers, etc... If we make it into the playoffs, we have an excellent chance at a championship!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
When you watch, do me a favor, watch the motion. Tell me how often we react to the motion in the defense. I really think Rivers was using that to diagnose our defense in the first half. Not necessarily who he "was" throwing to, but eliminating options when he wasn't. I thought that in the second half Rivers was slower to get rid of the ball and it seemed (perception) that we didn't move as much when he sent someone in motion.

Mike
I've been looking; and I must say that even from last year, it was never the variation of the scheme (because there has been plenty); in the end, it's all about execution.

It is not to say that the scheme can't help sometimes; but you just have to execute for the scheme to have any validity to begin with.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching some more, and come back to the same conclusion.

Probably, the best inside look to Wade's scheme is to listen to Troy Aikman.
He's kinda boring in a methodological way, but he does hit the nail on the head when he said that offense can't not really key on his defensive look.

The variations are always there; they are just not easy to detect with normal eyes.

The concept of match-zone/match-man in combination with straight man and a slew of zone concepts can be tied up together in a neat package, if only the players can execute them. It does require the guys to work together (J Jo and KJax have been operating very well out of that concept.) The rest of the team has to follow suit. In short area, you just have to be able to cover man; that's all there is to it. You may have a little help here and there, but you can't rely on it.

It is really a tough deal for the D nowadays, you just have to stick to your main concept. There are holes in the zone and there are drawbacks in man. Wade's match-zone concept offer the expansion to go either way.

It all boils down to execution.
There are enough variations within the scheme to move either way, zone or man.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've been watching some more, and come back to the same conclusion.

Probably, the best inside look to Wade's scheme is to listen to Troy Aikman.
He's kinda boring in a methodological way, but he does hit the nail on the head when he said that offense can't not really key on his defensive look.

The variations are always there; they are just not easy to detect with normal eyes.

The concept of match-zone/match-man in combination with straight man and a slew of zone concepts can be tied up together in a neat package, if only the players can execute them. It does require the guys to work together (J Jo and KJax have been operating very well out of that concept.) The rest of the team has to follow suit. In short area, you just have to be able to cover man; that's all there is to it. You may have a little help here and there, but you can't rely on it.

It is really a tough deal for the D nowadays, you just have to stick to your main concept. There are holes in the zone and there are drawbacks in man. Wade's match-zone concept offer the expansion to go either way.

It all boils down to execution.
There are enough variations within the scheme to move either way, zone or man.
I watched the first half again last night. I saw just as much zone as I did the first time. But if Trent Dilfer says we play too much man, I guess that's all anyone is going to remember.

Definitely a lot of man, almost exclusively on the outside.... but those aren't the guys getting beat like a drum. It's the guys in the middle of the field where it's mostly zone getting worked over.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read