Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2013   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After Game Props

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Two observations:
Schaub looked better in the pocket than I ever remember seeing.
The defense could potentially get two of its better starters back next week, both of whom are significant upgrades over their replacements, and both of whom will allow for more varied and/or more aggressive play calling.

(the phrase "both of whom" sounds funny when I re-read my post. Did I use that correctly?)
I'm no authority on proper grammar, but I think leaving out "of whom" would get you where you want to go.

Agreed on your post, btw.
Old 09-10-2013   #22
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm no authority on proper grammar, but I think leaving out "of whom" would get you where you want to go.

Agreed on your post, btw.
Funny, I would never use "of whom" when speaking to you. No clue why I think (or thought) that I need(ed) to use it in that sentence.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Funny, I would never use "of whom" when speaking to you. No clue why I think (or thought) that I need(ed) to use it in that sentence.
Lack of sleep?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #24
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Lack of sleep, and a slight hangover?
fify.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
fify.
LOL; that's it!
Old 09-10-2013   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally missed this, but...

Biggest comeback in franchise history/first win ever over San Diego

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

After finally watching the game, I can certainly say the girl scouts wearing the Texan uniforms in the 1st half were replaced by rugged manly men in the 2nd half.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand_Luke View Post
LOL, I was about to start a topic on this. Seeing D. Brown getting tooled all night by Freeney was the most disturbing thing last night....for me. I get what you're saying "ThaJokka"...but damn, Freeney has been in the league since 2000 for god sake and sure the hell is not in his prime anymore. D. Brown is the talk in town for being top 2 or 3 LT in the league....yeah right!! Freeney still taking his lunch money and it's Embarrassing. Still love them Texans and they will get better every game, especially the D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
You can be a top 2-3 player and have a bad night. We have 3 years of evidence saying he IS a top 2-3 LT in this league and 2-3 games saying he's not. You do the math.
I don't think it was a "bad night"; I just think he and Freeney have played each other so often that Freeney knows just what to do to be effective against DB.

Okay, now you're thinking "well, shouldn't that work both ways?" That assumes DB found a way to deal with Freeney. I don't think anyone he or anyone else has. And as bad as it looked at times, Freeney only ended up with half a sack at the end of the game (there's no way to type that phrase where it doesn't look funny is there?)
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I don't think it was a "bad night"; I just think he and Freeney have played each other so often that Freeney knows just what to do to be effective against DB.

Okay, now you're thinking "well, shouldn't that work both ways?" That assumes DB found a way to deal with Freeney. I don't think anyone he or anyone else has. And as bad as it looked at times, Freeney only ended up with half a sack at the end of the game (there's no way to type that phrase where it doesn't look funny is there?)
Sorry Obsi, Brown just need to play better than that.
It was his worst game for a long time.
Old 09-11-2013   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Sorry Obsi, Brown just need to play better than that.
It was his worst game for a long time.
He'd probably tell you that too.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #31
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesuns View Post
I have to say Kube gets it for me for going on 4th down (2x), trying to score before the half (with 15 seconds, or so) before halftime, playing DeAndre mostly in the 2nd half and passing on 3rd downs late in the 4th quarter to run the clock out for the Chargers.
Gotta agree with this guy .... Lots of praise to go around but a lot of it goes to Kubiak for some gutsy calls.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read