Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013   #821
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Just a hint for future reference - when asking questions in order to demonstrate your point, you might want to know the answer to those questions before you ask them.

haha thats a great point
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #822
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The trade deadline is somewhere around Halloween(week 8), so those injuries can't come to late in the season.
I should have said later this season. The NFL's trade deadline is the Tuesday following the 6th week of the regular season, which typically falls mid-October.
Old 09-09-2013   #823
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well he has played all 16 games 3 of the last 4 seasons. That answers your question.
See I am more of a glass half empty kind of guy. You say 3 of 4 and I say he has been hurt 3 of 6. We will see what happens this year.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #824
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

After seeing Chip Kelly's offense put up points against the skins,
and Kaepernic win games with SF and Wilson -- ditto with Seattle --
I just can't help but think what would the Texans look like with
Keenum running the Holgorsen more run balanced Air Raid he
ran in college.

I see all of these Oregon stats being shown on MNF, and Oregon
was not as fast or as productive (yards wise) as the Keenum cougars.

It would catch some teams by surprise to roll it out in the middle
of a game and use it intermittently with Kubiak's WCO.

I understand it is important for the young guys (Keenum and Yates)
to fully comprehend what Gary wants to do, but Gary needs to expand
his horizons. He's a good OC, but not the end-all be all of offensive
design.

Hopefully it's on his drawing board..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #825
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I should have said later this season. The NFL's trade deadline is the Tuesday following the 6th week of the regular season, which typically falls mid-October.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...-nfl-key-dates

showing oct 29
Old 09-09-2013   #826
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Tk I hear you but my take on MS is based on what I have seen since he has been here and what he really is. Also I agree 100% what you said about replacing MS but Kubiak I don't think will do that.

I posted this in a previous thread
"My take on MS is for the regular season games against the non elite teams I am ok with ms because you really don't need him to win game. As long as he manages game the Texans probably win. I think MS has the best chance of managing a game of the 3 QBs.

Against the elite teams you need the QB to do more and MS has a ceiling. We have seen it many times. The above is based on him playing like he did in the first 12 games last year. If he plays like he did at the end then I don't want him at all.

I think TJ has the same upside as MS a he gets more experience but not much more.

Case is the one I would want if we need the QB to win the game. I would not like him right now to get us to the playoffs because I think he will have lower lows but higher highs. He is not as consistent as MS but I think he has a chance to have a great game at times and carry a team. I really don't think MS has that in him.

Tough situation right now because MS is going to play and the other QB's get no experience so you have to ride MS in the playoffs and we win the game not because of MS does but what the rest of the team does.

Just my opinion. "

I think I understand more now what I meant after reading a SI article on How to beat Alabama and watching the UT vs BYU game.

Matt is maybe the least likely player to create, improvise, or make an unscheduled play. First he is possible the least physically gifted QB and he hasn't shown any ability to improvise if a play breaks down. Against lesser teams you can play that way and win. Against equal or better teams you can't play like that and win unless you have a dominating defense which we don't. We may have the most dominating defensive player but the defense as a whole is above average.

A good coach with good talent can come up with a way to stop a team. As Saban stated you can't scheme against a player that can make an unscheduled play. MS is maybe the least likely to make an unscheduled play and thus it is easier to scheme against the Texans because you do not need to account for MS. Just my opinion but I think TJ is very much like MS in that aspect. I would welcome the chance to see how TJ/CK would fare in real action but it won't happen unless MS is hurt.

In the regular season, as we saw last year you can get away with MS as QB. When the games really started to matter at the end of the season/playoffs we saw what happened.

Watching the UT vs BYU game hammered home what a multi talented QB has over a 1 dimension non athletic QB but really we see this fact every week.

Now to be fare to MS maybe GK has the handcuffs on MS but I think even if MS had a green light he does not have the ability to improvise.

Post too long and rambling now. I am out.
Schaub's release is just too slow, arm too weak, and no chance to make unscheduled play. He has to go through a long windup to throw the ball downfield. He never was mobile but ever since injury he is even worse.
Is he that old? I have seen enough to know he will be no better than at the end last year. Matt is Matt. Not his fault. The Texan's fault for thinking anything more. Just my opinion. May not even get to playoffs this year. We need the Qb to be more than manager because of our D being just above average not dominating.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #827
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Schaub's release is just too slow, arm too weak, and no chance to make unscheduled play. He has to go through a long windup to throw the ball downfield. He never was mobile but ever since injury he is even worse.
Is he that old? I have seen enough to know he will be no better than at the end last year. Matt is Matt. Not his fault. The Texan's fault for thinking anything more. Just my opinion. May not even get to playoffs this year. We need the Qb to be more than manager because of our D being just above average not dominating.
Appears you should spend less time agreeing with yourself and more time watching the game.
Old 09-10-2013   #828
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Quote:
Starting last season, the NFL and the NFLPA agreed to move the trade deadline to the Tuesday following week 8 (although last year, they had to extend it to Thursday because of hurricane Sandy).
Old 09-10-2013   #829
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Appears you should spend less time agreeing with yourself and more time watching the game.
Infantry, your statement is as funny as it is true. Well said.
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #830
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt is limiting us in ways you don't see. I am convinced GK would make different calls with someone else at QB.
Old 09-29-2013   #831
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Tk I hear you but my take on MS is based on what I have seen since he has been here and what he really is. Also I agree 100% what you said about replacing MS but Kubiak I don't think will do that.

"My take on MS is for the regular season games against the non elite teams I am ok with ms because you really don't need him to win game. As long as he manages game the Texans probably win. I think MS has the best chance of managing a game of the 3 QBs.

Against the elite teams you need the QB to do more and MS has a ceiling. We have seen it many times. The above is based on him playing like he did in the first 12 games last year. If he plays like he did at the end then I don't want him at all.

I think TJ has the same upside as MS a he gets more experience but not much more.

Case is the one I would want if we need the QB to win the game. I would not like him right now to get us to the playoffs because I think he will have lower lows but higher highs. He is not as consistent as MS but I think he has a chance to have a great game at times and carry a team. I really don't think MS has that in him.

Tough situation right now because MS is going to play and the other QB's get no experience so you have to ride MS in the playoffs and we win the game not because of MS does but what the rest of the team does.

Just my opinion. "

I think I understand more now what I meant after reading a SI article on How to beat Alabama and watching the UT vs BYU game.

Matt is maybe the least likely player to create, improvise, or make an unscheduled play. First he is possible the least physically gifted QB and he hasn't shown any ability to improvise if a play breaks down. Against lesser teams you can play that way and win. Against equal or better teams you can't play like that and win unless you have a dominating defense which we don't. We may have the most dominating defensive player but the defense as a whole is above average.

A good coach with good talent can come up with a way to stop a team. As Saban stated you can't scheme against a player that can make an unscheduled play. MS is maybe the least likely to make an unscheduled play and thus it is easier to scheme against the Texans because you do not need to account for MS. Just my opinion but I think TJ is very much like MS in that aspect. I would welcome the chance to see how TJ/CK would fare in real action but it won't happen unless MS is hurt.

In the regular season, as we saw last year you can get away with MS as QB. When the games really started to matter at the end of the season/playoffs we saw what happened.

Watching the UT vs BYU game hammered home what a multi talented QB has over a 1 dimension non athletic QB but really we see this fact every week.

Now to be fare to MS maybe GK has the handcuffs on MS but I think even if MS had a green light he does not have the ability to improvise.

This is reality. Only difference is MS does not even make smart decisions and now he may not not even be the best choice to get us into playoffs.
Old 09-29-2013   #832
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what do you think 2 weeks later? I've seen all I need to see.
Old 09-29-2013   #833
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the title of this thread was MS grabs early edge for 3 string backup because I cant take it anymore. Wilson running his A$$ off and Mat tripping over his own feet. Please coach make a change.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #834
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats the worst thing a qb can do? Throw a pick 6, Schaub has 3 in 4 games. Keenum and TJ cant do any worse.
Old 09-29-2013   #835
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Team needs a spark and Case would give it. I have never seen AJ so upset with Schaub like he was when he was open in the back of the endzone but Schaub didn't set his feet and deliver. There were a couple of times today where he would make a quick throw on the run when he didn't have to. He wanted to look all badass after finally hitting a receiver in stride on that graham td, but then the real schaub started throwing the ball. Case needs to start.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #836
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a QB with some swag.

Lmao
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #837
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 6629 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We need a QB with some swag.

Lmao
we really do. i'm tired of seeing schaub's long face. 9 interceptions in five games!!! wtf?
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #838
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe trade Schaub for Sam Gordon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=l06NGucUe6A
Old 10-07-2013   #839
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Just my opinion. "

Posted before regular season started
Still feel EXACTLY the same
Old 10-07-2013   #840
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13262 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, actually...

you said it last week.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read