Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2013   #81
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
C'mon Doc, you really think that'll do the trick? Wait 'till tomorrow? Hide-N-Watch!
It'll be all peaches & cream and kumbaya tomorrow after a good win.
Old 09-09-2013   #82
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
It'll be all peaches & cream and kumbaya tomorrow after a good win.
I'm good with that. Carry on...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #83
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm good with that. Carry on...
For some reason that made me think of Radar on M*A*S*H. I got a laugh and now I need a grape Nehi.
Old 09-10-2013   #84
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Put that game on Schaub's resume.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #85
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say that Schaub looked really really good tonight. He was more mobile than I've ever seen him and he made some great throws on the run.
There were several plays that would have been incompletions / sacks last year that were first downs and more this game.

Here's to hoping he can move like he has been. God knows if they offensive line doesn't block better he'll have to be moving a lot.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #86
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I have to say that Schaub looked really really good tonight. He was more mobile than I've ever seen him and he made some great throws on the run.
There were several plays that would have been incompletions / sacks last year that were first downs and more this game.

Here's to hoping he can move like he has been. God knows if they offensive line doesn't block better he'll have to be moving a lot.
Schaub was more mobile but don't get carried away. He made a few nice moves but didn't look like we're going to have the wild pistol anytime soon.
Old 09-10-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Schaub was more mobile but don't get carried away. He made a few nice moves but didn't look like we're going to have the wild pistol anytime soon.
Oh schnap!!!

No wild pistol?

What ever will we do??? How can we expect to win another game..... WhY? Why? Why??
Old 09-10-2013   #88
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see this out of Matt all year. One of his bugaboos
is inconsistency.

If he comes out against the Oilers and throws 3 ints then all
of these good vibes go down the toilet.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #89
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

There are two things I've always had a problem with Schaub....he doesn't make an athletic play like run for some yardage to extend drives, drain clock, and create manageable 2nd or 3rd downs and he seems to have a mandatory interception that he absolutely must throw in a game no matter how well he is playing.

Last night, he threw the mandatory INT early to get it over with as apposed to previous seasons 4th quarter mandatory pick. He also moved a bit and made Dwight Freeney chase him a bit and he threw at the numbers of his receivers and not at their shoe laces while on the run.

Good game #8
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #90
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Oh schnap!!!

No wild pistol?

What ever will we do??? How can we expect to win another game..... WhY? Why? Why??
Makes
Me
Wanna
Scream

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #91
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For all intents & purposes, Romo & Schaub are the same guy. Romo is more exciting to watch, but he needs a really good team to make anything happen. They had a defense & a running game a while back & they turned that into 1 play off win. With Romo being the "reason" they didn't win that divisional game.

That Dallas team was every bit as good & talented as the team we had last year & the year before. Swapping Schaub for Romo is trading half a dozen for six. It sounds better, but it's really the same thing.
TK,
Do you feel the same way? I would take Romo over MS any day, not even close.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
TK,
Do you feel the same way? I would take Romo over MS any day, not even close.
Yes, I feel exactly the same way.

You're seeing Romo make some plays, but he's got play-makers doing their job as well.

#83, #11, #89.... I don't know those guys, but when they needed a play, those guys made plays. If we can get that kind of production out of Martin, Griffin, & Jean we'd be pretty hard to beat.

Another thing. This game isn't over, but odds are pretty good that Romo is going to do something between now & the end of the game that will help the Broncos, more so than Manning messing up.

Especially if they keep throwing the ball. Best thing for Dallas would be to get a 3 & out, then run the ball & kill the clock. I know most people here would say they need to score another TD, they need to stay aggressive & throw the ball. But we're talking about Romo & the closer he gets to 50 attempts, helps the Broncos.
Old 10-06-2013   #93
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, I feel exactly the same way.

You're seeing Romo make some plays, but he's got play-makers doing their job as well.

#83, #11, #89.... I don't know those guys, but when they needed a play, those guys made plays. If we can get that kind of production out of Martin, Griffin, & Jean we'd be pretty hard to beat.

Another thing. This game isn't over, but odds are pretty good that Romo is going to do something between now & the end of the game that will help the Broncos, more so than Manning messing up.

Especially if they keep throwing the ball. Best thing for Dallas would be to get a 3 & out, then run the ball & kill the clock. I know most people here would say they need to score another TD, they need to stay aggressive & throw the ball. But we're talking about Romo & the closer he gets to 50 attempts, helps the Broncos.
I agree they both make mistakes but at least Romo has mobility and can throw a long ball
Old 10-06-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I agree they both make mistakes but at least Romo has mobility and can throw a long ball
Looks better, results the same. Doesn't matter if you lose by 3 in a 52-48 shootout, or 41 in a 52-11 blow out.

six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.
Old 10-06-2013   #95
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks better, results the same. Doesn't matter if you lose by 3 in a 52-48 shootout, or 41 in a 52-11 blow out.

I was pretty surprised at how porous Denver's defense is. Romo was throwing to WIDE open receivers for most of the games. Denver's offense however is able to make up for it pretty well.

I'd be interested to see how our defense holds up against their offense. Even with a great game on both sides of the ball, I don't see us beating the Ponies
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I was pretty surprised at how porous Denver's defense is. Romo was throwing to WIDE open receivers for most of the games. Denver's offense however is able to make up for it pretty well.

I'd be interested to see how our defense holds up against their offense. Even with a great game on both sides of the ball, I don't see us beating the Ponies
Can't wait to see what they look like against a real defense. Doesn't look like their first test will be until week 11 when they play KC. They'll play KC twice, the Titans, & us. So they'll eventually be tested.
Old 10-06-2013   #97
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I will still take Romo over Schaub.
Old 10-06-2013   #98
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will still take Romo over Schaub.
No contest.

I'd take him all day every day.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #99
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

We'd just have something else to complain about our QB. Not conservative enough.
Old 10-06-2013   #100
gafftop
Hall of Fame

TK,
You are just a rebel rouser.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited by gafftop; 10-07-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read