Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2013   #101
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week: MNF @San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Pick 6.
If that happens Schaub will also break out a tackle and scramble his way into the endzone for a touchdown.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #102
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt was the only starting QB last year to go negative in rushing yards I believe.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #103
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by potisyourfriend View Post
Matt was the only starting QB last year to go negative in rushing yards I believe.
& he still won 12 games..... fascinating.
Old 09-08-2013   #104
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Shiloh Keo will have an interception against Diego
I know you are probably just saying it, hoping it comes true, but Keo is awful. He scares the crap out of me in coverage and against the run. Worst pursuit angles ever.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #105
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& he still won 12 games..... fascinating.
His team won 12 games I'm not a Matt hater btw. I think you can win with him if you have the right pieces. I was also replying to the post before mine.
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #106
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Will this game ever get here?
Old 09-08-2013   #107
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Will this game ever get here?
22.5 more hours
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #108
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Shiloh Keo will have an interception against Diego
I missed on the INT but Keo had very good game. I still have a Safety on my mock, lol
Old 09-10-2013   #109
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

click on picture for larger

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
I might be the only person on my flight back to Houston that isn't wearing #texans gear. Great showing in San Diego by the faithful.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Swearinger played five more snaps than Joe Mays and 11 more than Earl Mitchell. Oh, you're such a passing league, NFL. #Texans

Shiloh Keo played all but one snap (98 percent) while D.J. Swearinger played 29 (55 percent). #Texans

On defense, Manning, Jackson, Reed, Watt, Joseph all played every snap. #Texans

Arian Foster had 52 (68 percent) while Ben Tate had 20 (26 percent). #Texans

Garrett Graham played a lot. 56 snaps (74 percent). Ryan Griffin had just two snaps. #Texans

Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson had 71 snaps (93 percent). DeAndre Hopkins had 61 (80 percent). #Texans

First thing that pops out: All five OL played all 76 snaps. 100 percent. Didn't happen much last year. #Texans
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Take away the 47 yard bomb to Malcom Floyd. Joseph gave up 1 rec. (6 targets) for 1 yard. #Texans

#Texans RBs had 70 of their 112 rushing yards after contact. Foster with 30, Tate with 40.

YAC for the #Texans. Daniels (45), Johnson (40), Hopkins (17).

Chargers CBs had an evening to forget. 19 receptions for 251 yards. (25 targets) #Texans

Owen Daniels 78 plays, Garrett Graham 57. Will continue to be the trend. #Texans

Joseph, Brooks Reed, Manning and Jackson only #Texans to play all of the defensive snaps.

75.6% completion rate for Schaub against the Chargers. #Texans

10 yards or more Matt Schaub was 8/14 for 160 yards. #Texans

Matt Schaub was 26/29 in passing 10 yards or less. 186 yards. 3 TDs and 1 Int. #Texans

#Texans averaged 3.8 yards a rush to the left (12) and 4.4 to the right (15).

Schaub was 11/17 for 125 yards. 2 TDs and 1 INT against the Blitz. 101.3 QB rating. #Texans

Joseph and Kareem were targeted 11 times. 4 receptions for 68 yards. #Texans

#Texans currently have $2.91 million in cap space. 11 teams with less space.

Smiley Pool/Cronicle
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #110
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gates welcomed DJ to the NFL a bit harshly.
Come on Swearinger, we need you to grow up a little faster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #111
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

They're not replaying this game.

New England @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ New Orleans
Greenbay @ San Francisco
Old 09-10-2013   #112
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 373208 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Watching the video, I don't see Tate waving Foster off. I see Tate starting toward the sideline, then turning around and staying in. #Texans

Coach wanted carries to be more even between 44 & 23; still wants it close.

Foster declined to speak with media after the game last night. #Texans

Kubiak was asked about Ben Tate waving off Arian Foster when he tried to go in. Said he didn't see it, both guys are competitive. #Texans

Kubiak says Brice McCain got his knee banged up and is being evaluated today. #Texans

"I just called it & walked away. I'm just glad it worked. We didn't do anything w/it, that's what makes me mad" Kubiak on fake punt #Texans

Kubiak was pleased with the protection of Schaub given the situation the #Texans were in, having to pass that much.

Ed Reed is in the training room right now. "I think we're very close," Kubiak says. Still day-to-day. #Texans

"Want to keep it somewhat close," Kubiak on the distribution with the running backs. #Texans

Gary Kubiak is here. Antonio Smith is reinstated. David Quessenberry will go on injured reserve for the full season. #Texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
4 of #Texans kicker @randybullock28's 5 kickoffs were touchbacks.

"He played extremely well. Was a big factor in getting to the quarterback."- Kubiak on #Texans OLB Whitney Mercilus.

Kubiak: ILB Darryl Sharpton will likely practice again this week. Still going through concussion protocol. #Texans

Kubiak: progress from S Ed Reed has been good. Could've given us some snaps last night. #Texans

"I want them to know how much we appreciate it." - Kubiak on #Texans fans in San Diego.

Kubiak: DE Antonio Smith will practice tomorrow and is off suspension. #Texans

Kubiak at podium now. "We've been going 100 miles per hour since we landed."

Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots handling play-by-play/color commentary on @CBS for #Texans-Titans this Sunday.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Texans relatively healthy after game. Kubiak only mentioned Brice McCain (knee) is getting looked at.

"He played really good." Kubiak on Whitney Mercilus #Texans

"I just called it and walked away." Kubiak on the fake punt. #Texans

Kubiak said Andre Johnson has been running better after the catch.

Kubiak said he'd have rather had Tate and Foster have even reps.

The Bucs announced that they waived rookie DT Chris Jones. Was a Texans pick.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #113
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Jones is available.
Let's do it Ricky!
Old 09-10-2013   #114
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Watching the video, I don't see Tate waving Foster off. I see Tate starting toward the sideline, then turning around and staying in. #Texans

Coach wanted carries to be more even between 44 & 23; still wants it close.

Foster declined to speak with media after the game last night. #Texans

Kubiak was asked about Ben Tate waving off Arian Foster when he tried to go in. Said he didn't see it, both guys are competitive. #Texans

"Want to keep it somewhat close," Kubiak on the distribution with the running backs. #Texans
In one of his pressers this morning, Kubiak said he want's to get Tate more carries. Said he'll have to talk to Chick about that.

I took that to mean that Kubiak lets Chick manage that part of the game. I never really thought about it, but I didn't really think he was on the sideline saying, "Ok, it's time for Tate." or anything like that.
Old 09-11-2013   #115
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hard to have a positive rushing stat when all your rushes are kneel-downs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #116
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Hard to have a positive rushing stat when all your rushes are kneel-downs.
I'm not expecting anything from Schaub in that regard.

It's hard enough for him to get positive yardage without kneeling down.
Old 09-12-2013   #117
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well when you execute victory formations so many times, that can screw up your yardage and ypc numbers

Edit:
Damn, TPN beat me to it.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read