Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2013   #61
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week: MNF @San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
We are not at full health and the season is just starting, this worries me.
What team is ever at full health at any point in a season?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this quote from J Joe on Ed Reed...

Quote:
“Obviously, he’s out for this game,” said cornerback Johnathan Joseph. “It’s not my call, but I just think right now I don’t think he’s going to play.”
Not sure how it was missed before.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #63
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Found this quote from J Joe on Ed Reed...

Not sure how it was missed before.
I thought he said this on like Monday though?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #64
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Article was posted yesterday evening: http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...obviously-out/

I'm getting the feeling they're being coy about it to force Rivers to watch film/prep for Reed even though he's not going to be playing.
Old 09-07-2013   #65
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Article was posted yesterday evening: http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...obviously-out/

I'm getting the feeling they're being coy about it to force Rivers to watch film/prep for Reed even though he's not going to be playing.
Good find.

Since my head hurts and we have no clue Ill stick with my last prediction in this thread.
Old 09-07-2013   #66
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 205022 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was reported yesterday.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

****. Shiloh Keo is gonna start.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #68
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
Guess it never really hit until I saw the Tweet. My heart just sank.

DOOMED!
Old 09-07-2013   #69
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
Rivers will be throwing deep.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #70
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Kubiak: ILB Darryl Sharpton practiced on the side field today but will not make the trip to SD.

Kubiak: Seems like we've been practicing a lot for this game. "Now we'll do some studying and get off our legs."

Kubiak: DeVier Posey will increase snaps on offense each week and take big part on special teams. @HoustonTexans

Kubiak: Shiloh Keo will start Monday night at SD. Ed Reed continues to be a game-time decision whether or not he plays.
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
Kubiak Said LG Wade Smith practiced full-speed, will play Monday.
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Sharpton not making the trip mean more than likely Justin Tuggle will be active for Gameday. #Texans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Didn't mention this earlier, but Kubiak seemed really impressed with Wade Smith's recovery after having knee surgery. #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-07-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2013   #71
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess it never really hit until I saw the Tweet. My heart just sank.

DOOMED!
I was crying about this in this very thread a few days ago, but nobody thought it was an issue.

Well... it is an issue, a big issue.

Shiloh Keo probably wouldn't make 20 NFL rosters and yet he's our starting Free Safety. I expect Gates to have a huge game because I'm pretty sure it's the FS's responsibility to cover the TEs that leak out.

I respect Wade because he obviously knows what's up, but is Keo really better than Swearinger? If he is, you gotta step your game up Swearinger!

I hate Shiloh Keo. With that said, nobody wants to hear my crying. Let's go Texans! Hopefully we put up so many points this is a moot point.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I was crying about this in this very thread a few days ago, but nobody thought it was an issue.

Shiloh Keo probably wouldn't make 20 NFL rosters and yet he's our starting Free Safety. I expect Gates to have a huge game because I'm pretty sure it's the FS's responsibility to cover the TEs that leak out.

I respect Wade because he obviously knows what's up, but is Keo really better than Swearinger? If he is, you gotta step your game up Swearinger!

I hate Shiloh Keo. With that said, nobody wants to hear my crying. Let's go Texans! Hopefully we put up so many points this is a moot point.
The thing to understand here is that unlike the pre Wade defenses, the roles of the safeties aren't as interchangeable as they used to be. Though we may show a lot of two deep looks, we rarely run two deep safeties (ala the Tampa 2).

Danieal Manning will play primarily man coverage on the TEs, Keo's job will be to roam deep & be that final line of defense... he's probably going to play that role better than Ed Reed as the old man doesn't have the range he used to have & he's not the tackler he used to be.

Swearinger is going to come in on Nickel & Dime packages, I think he's going to play that "smallish" LB that Quin used to play, leaving Manning to cover the TEs or play deep with Shilo.

Reed's value is his knack for making plays on the ball, for being in the right place at the right time. When QBs make mistakes & overthrow a ball, or lead a receiver a bit too much on the inside, they'll have to worry about Ed Reed fielding those balls..... they'll have to be that much better, that much more cautious. Maybe we'll get a few more turnovers than last year, maybe our OLBs will get that extra fraction of a second they need.

But to summarize, it has nothing to do with Keo playing better tha Dj. It's about wanting Dj to learn 1 position, & not 2. We expect Reed to eventually replace Keo.

Besides, can't be worse than Demps & whoever that other bump on a log was that came in on Dime packages. At least when Keo played, he didn't give up those big plays.
Old 09-07-2013   #73
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

I feel you bro. Keo plays like Troy Polamalu's little sister. Big mistake starting him.
Old 09-07-2013   #74
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
2013 team captains are Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Brian Cushing, J.J. Watt & Shane Lechler.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Chargers: Injury Report: Manti Te'o out for #HOUvsSD game on Monday night.
Old 09-07-2013   #75
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Houston Texans ✔ @HoustonTexans

2013 team captains are Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Brian Cushing, J.J. Watt & Shane Lechler.
Old 09-07-2013   #76
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Would Te'o be starting if he were healthy?
Old 09-07-2013   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Would Te'o be starting if he were healthy?
Yes. Expectations are good, not great player. We'll have to wait to see...

Potential member of all name team replacing him: Bront Bird.
Old 09-07-2013   #78
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Yes. Expectations are good, not great player. We'll have to wait to see...

Potential member of all name team replacing him: Bront Bird.
We should still embarrass this team monday night.
Old 09-07-2013   #79
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll be disappointed if our defensive front doesnt get more than 5 sacks. king dunlap and a rookie on the edges? the chargers' offensive line could be extremely ugly this season, and we should be the first to take advantage of all of the changes.
Old 09-07-2013   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Keo looked better this pre season. I don't want him as a starter, but he did look more solid from what I saw.

We'll see.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read