Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-02-2013   #81
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Rate My Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
what do you guys think of my fantasy team
Nice. Starting QB/RBs tough to beat. Health concerns with Colston/Matthews. Do not let go of Joique Bell. He's going to contribute this year. Sleepy good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
10 Team PPR league. (Slotted 8th)
Nailed the PPR monster RBs in Sproles/Bush. Love Marshall, hope this hip thing isn't going to be a problem. I'd look for some depth behind Welker if he gets hurt.

Both teams, keep an eye on Zach Sudfeld in NE week 1, Kenbrell Thompkins, Kenny Stills, Reuben Randle. Sleepers.

Seeing a lot of love for Bullock here.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #82
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Great drafts. I actually like your league #2 players as much or more because of the forte/rice/gore combo (assuming romo has his normal season.) Both rosters should get you in the playoffs and 1 of the 2 could very likely get you a championship. Your league #1 rb depth and league #2 wr/te flex are the only things I see concerning. Good luck and great job bro.
Thanks. Yep I definitely have all my eggs in the Adrian Peterson basket.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #83
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

QB Russell Wilson, Sea QBRecent News

RB Doug Martin, TB RB P

RB Chris Johnson, Ten RBRecent News

WR Julio Jones, Atl WR

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR

TE Jason Witten, Dal TE

FLEX Mike Wallace, Mia WR

D/ST 49ers D/ST D/ST

K Rob Bironas, Ten K

BENCH
Bench Owen Daniels, Hou TE

Bench Kenny Britt, Ten WR P

Bench Fred Jackson, Buf RB P

Bench Martellus Bennett, Chi TE

Bench Josh Gordon, Cle WR SSPDRecent News

Bench Sam Bradford, StL QB

Bench Jay Cutler, Chi QB

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #84
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

RB Doug Martin, TB RB P

WR Julio Jones, Atl WR

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR

TE Jason Witten, Dal TE

FLEX Mike Wallace, Mia WR

D/ST 49ers D/ST D/ST

K Rob Bironas, Ten K

BENCH
Bench Owen Daniels, Hou TE

Bench Kenny Britt, Ten WR P

Bench Fred Jackson, Buf RB P

Bench Martellus Bennett, Chi TE

Bench Josh Gordon, Cle WR SSPDRecent News

Bench Sam Bradford, StL QB

Bench Jay Cutler, Chi QB

I like it... this is almost identical to one of my leagues
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #85
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

My Money League

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Doug Martin
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Dwyane Bowe
TE - Jason Witten
FLEX - Torrey Smith
DEF - Bengals
K - Garret Hartley

Bench

Shane Vereen
Chris Givens
Bernard Pierce
Golden Tate
Brian Harline
Kendal Wright
Josh Freeman

Also - A guy auto drafted Daryl Richardson and Le'veon Bell and cut them on day one....

I have these trades on waivers

Kendal Wright - Daryl Richardson
Josh Freeman - Le'veon Bell

Maybe i can snag one of them...
Old 09-03-2013   #86
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57304 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

16 team PPR league, starting 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D, 4 bench.
I had the 2nd pick.

QB - Dalton(7th)
QB - Freeman (10th)
RB - Martin (1st)
RB - Wilson (3rd)
RB - Quizz Rodgers (10th)
WR - Bryant (2nd)
WR - Colston (4th)
WR - Heyward-Bey (11th)
TE - Daniels (5th)
K - Walsh (8th)
DEF - Denver (6th)

I know this isn't your typical format where you start multiple backs and receivers, but there were 7 QBs taken in the 1st round. Is that typical in a PPR league? The run on defenses started in the 5th.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #87
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

A lot of people on this board got Doug Martin
Old 09-04-2013   #88
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
A lot of people on this board got Doug Martin
He was a Projected 2 to 3rd overall pick but because of his head hit he dropped to 7th in most of my leagues...

Hell yeah im gonna get him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I had the 2nd pick.

QB - Dalton(7th)
QB - Freeman (10th)
RB - Martin (1st)
RB - Wilson (3rd)
RB - Quizz Rodgers (10th)
WR - Bryant (2nd)
WR - Colston (4th)
WR - Heyward-Bey (11th)
TE - Daniels (5th)
K - Walsh (8th)
DEF - Denver (6th)

I know this isn't your typical format where you start multiple backs and receivers, but there were 7 QBs taken in the 1st round. Is that typical in a PPR league? The run on defenses started in the 5th.
Due to the format of your league i like your RBs and WRs. Any other format there is not enough depth. I have dalton as a solid back-up and potential sleeper but not a solid starter but drafting in a 16 team league has to be tough
Old 09-04-2013   #89
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

RB Doug Martin, TB RB P

WR Julio Jones, Atl WR

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR ...
Very nice. I'd look for RB depth early on waiver wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
My Money League
Schwing, great draft. If you can get Richardson & Bell that would be huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
...there were 7 QBs taken in the 1st round. Is that typical in a PPR league? The run on defenses started in the 5th.
Very unusual starters. QBs & DEFs will have more relative weight because of the limit on RBs & WRs. It's important to know the drafting tendencies of your league -- first year, you kinda follow along.
Old 09-05-2013   #90
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

8 team league on yahoo. Mostly regular scoring except:

1. 2 individual Defensive players rather than 0
2. 2 WRs rather than 3.
3. 1 Flex W/R rather than 0.
4. 1 Flex W/R/T rather than 0.

Draft was last night, 3 people attended and 5 autopicked.

Here is my team:

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe
RB:LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris
TE: Rob Gronkowski
W/R: David Wilson(RB)
W/R/T: Steven Jackson

Bench:Lamar Miller(RB), Reggie Wayne (WR), Wes Welker (WR), Andrew Luck (QB), Ben Tate (RB), Mike Wallace (WR)

K: Randy Bullock
Def: Cincinatti
D: James Laurinatis, J.J. Watt

My strategy was to load up on RBs high and often. Since we play with 4 potential RBs every week, I wanted to grab good ones. As a result I think I have a very weak WR and potentially very weak TE group. In fact the only TE i have is Gronk at the moment. QBs seem ok with Peyton, but I am not sure how Luck will do. I think he will have a lot of short passes, but its unknown if that will translate FFB wise.

Comments?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #91
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Comments?
Thats a great draft with great starter worthy depth... Wayne and Miller are most peoples starters.

I believe Morris will be a top 5 RB this yr. So much potential...
Old 09-05-2013   #92
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
8 team league on yahoo. Mostly regular scoring except:

1. 2 individual Defensive players rather than 0
2. 2 WRs rather than 3.
3. 1 Flex W/R rather than 0.
4. 1 Flex W/R/T rather than 0.

Draft was last night, 3 people attended and 5 autopicked.

Here is my team:

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe
RB:LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris
TE: Rob Gronkowski
W/R: David Wilson(RB)
W/R/T: Steven Jackson

Bench:Lamar Miller(RB), Reggie Wayne (WR), Wes Welker (WR), Andrew Luck (QB), Ben Tate (RB), Mike Wallace (WR)

K: Randy Bullock
Def: Cincinatti
D: James Laurinatis, J.J. Watt

My strategy was to load up on RBs high and often. Since we play with 4 potential RBs every week, I wanted to grab good ones. As a result I think I have a very weak WR and potentially very weak TE group. In fact the only TE i have is Gronk at the moment. QBs seem ok with Peyton, but I am not sure how Luck will do. I think he will have a lot of short passes, but its unknown if that will translate FFB wise.

Comments?
Great draft and you should have a very good season. I'd personally start wayne or welker over bowe without a doubt.

If your defensive players are scored by tackles and assists your best bet is probably a linebacker that never leaves the field. With this roster, your chances look like they rest on injuries and roster management, because the talent is there. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2013   #93
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Great draft and you should have a very good season. I'd personally start wayne or welker over bowe without a doubt.

If your defensive players are scored by tackles and assists your best bet is probably a linebacker that never leaves the field. With this roster, your chances look like they rest on injuries and roster management, because the talent is there. Good luck.
Thanks! I was fiddling back and forth between Bowie as a starter or bench playr. I think I will ride with Wayne ber him this week.

I thought about having a lb tackling machine like laurinitis and luke kechly but i decided to take a chance and roll the dice on watt.

Old 09-05-2013   #94
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Thats a great draft with great starter worthy depth... Wayne and Miller are most peoples starters.

I believe Morris will be a top 5 RB this yr. So much potential...
I like Morris because I think shanahan will try to keep RG3 healthy. I expect more swing passes, screens, and runs to Morris this year.

Old 09-05-2013   #95
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Performance non-PPR, scoring. 8 teams, established 1984.

R Griffin III, M Vick
D Martin, T Richardson, S Ridley, L Miller, S Vereen
L Fitzgerald, V Jackson, H Nicks, S Smith, J Gordon
J Graham
S Gostkowski
Broncos, Packers

Going to push for a stud WR1 trade, and will be actively trading around defenses.
Old 09-06-2013   #96
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Well, there's always next week.

Manning/Demaryius
Old 09-06-2013   #97
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Performance non-PPR, scoring. 8 teams, established 1984.

R Griffin III, M Vick
D Martin, T Richardson, S Ridley, L Miller, S Vereen
L Fitzgerald, V Jackson, H Nicks, S Smith, J Gordon
J Graham
S Gostkowski
Broncos, Packers

Going to push for a stud WR1 trade, and will be actively trading around defenses.
You might want to see if there are more "stable" QB2 options just in case (somebody who never gets hurt like maybe Eli, or Andy Dalton). Not sure about having 2 defenses either, I like to wait to draft defense and kicker until the last 2 rounds.

If you cant find a stud WR1 without trading Martin or Richardson I would do it, otherwise standing pat wouldn't be the worst ever. Your WR group is still really good, especially when Gordon comes back.
Old 12-24-2013   #98
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
League 1 non ppr, 10 teams
Start:
1qb
1rb
2wr
1te
1te rb or wr
1 def/st
1 k

OBs: T Brady, J Culter
RBs: A Peterson, D Richardson, B. Green-Ellis, D. Woodhead
WRs: A Green, M Colston, H Nicks, E Decker, M Williams, J Blackmon
TE: J Graham
K: S. Gostkowski
D/ST: Packers

League 2 PPR, 12 teams
Start:
1qb
2rb
2wr
1wr/te
1d/st

QB: T Romo
RBs: M Forte, R Rice, F Gore, D Richardson
WRs: B Marshall, V Cruz, C Shorts, C Givens, J Gordon
D/ST: New England
K: P Dawson

I think I slayed league 1. League 2 I feel good about, just not as much as League 1.

Good luck to all this year.
League 1. I would have won it all but Jamal Charles sent me to the 3rd place game. 10-3, 3rd place overall.

My final lineup:
T. Brady QB -
A. Peterson RB -
E. Decker WR -
A. Green WR -
J. Graham TE -
B. Marshall WR - flex
S. Gostkowski K -
49ers D/ST

bench:
C. Ogbonnaya RB
T. Gerhart RB
C. Shorts WR
M. Colston WR
D. Walker TE
R. Fitzpatrick QB
Chiefs D/ST

-I traded Z Stacy for Brandon Marshall
-I dumped Green Bay for KC D/ST, then pickup 9ers when someone dropped them
-I rode Peterson, but when he and Gerhart couldn't go I was stuck.
-Stacy and KC were my best pick ups

League 2
I won it all. 9-4, 1st place overall.

final lineup:
Tony Romo DAL QB
Matt Forte CHI RB
Zac Stacy STL RB
Brandon Marshall CHI WR
Josh Gordon CLE WR
Keenan Allen SDG WR
Dan Bailey DAL K
New England Patriots NWE D/ST

bench:
Mike Glennon, QB
Frank Gore, RB
Ray Rice, RB
Victor Cruz, WR
Matt Bryant, K

-I was sweating P Manning in the championship game but the rest of my opponents lineup was pretty weak.
-My best pickups were Keenan Allen and Zac Stacy

All in all in was a pretty good year. It will be weird w/out fantasy football this coming weekend.

Because it's never too early:
Quote:
Early 2014 Fantasy Football Rankings
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ball-rankings/

I hope everyone had a successful year.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013   #99
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

never too early.

I wish they had one of these for PPR.

Nick Foles at #4 is crazy, but it makes complete sense. I told myself I would do everything I could to target him in the 5th round next year, but it doesn't look like he will make it that far next year.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #100
SCOTTexans
All Pro

First Auction Mock draft... 14 Team

QB - Matthew Staford - $23
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - $28
WR - Julian Edelman - $15
WR - Kendall Wright - $12
RB - Zac Stacy - $43
RB - Reggie Bush - $25
TE - Julius Thomas - $30
K - Graham Gano - $1
DEF - Houston - $1

BN - Trent Richardson - $15
BN - Marques Colston - $2
BN - Pierre Thomas - $2
BN - Doug Baldwin - $1
BN - Danny Woodhead $1

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read