Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-31-2013   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ McCarron

Who else is watching this kid and thinking "please let him fall to the Texans next year"?

The kid might be better than Schaub is right now.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

He's not better than Schaub right now, but I like him...he's got the right mix of tools and he's definitely coachable. He looks natural coming off the bootleg.....the fact that his girlfriend is hot doesn't hurt either...lol.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring her GF in for a cheerleader try-out.
Leave McCarron back in the wood.
The Texans don't need him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The Texans don't need him.
I see where you are going with this, and we are going to have to disagree pretty vehemently. A gentleman's bet on who has the better NFL career between the two (Keenum and McCarron)?
Old 08-31-2013   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He's too sexy for his shirt, too sexy for his shirt, so sexy it hurts...

Old 08-31-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Who else is watching this kid and thinking "please let him fall to the Texans next year"?
We'd be better off hoping the Texans acquire the ammunition to move up to get him if he's looking as good as you think.... or hope he suffers a shoulder injury, ala Schaub, & tumbles through the draft but still capable of throwing 500 or so times a year.
Old 08-31-2013   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The kid might be better than Schaub is right now.
Easily the most ridiculous post of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2013   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Easily the most ridiculous post of the day.
Glad I could amuse. He is not having a great game tonight, but I stand by what I said- I want the Texans to draft McCarron, and I think that he may be better today than Schaub is. However, I would still haev Schaub as the starter for the 2014/15 season, as Schaub has a mastery of the playbook.
Old 08-31-2013   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Pass. I've watched probably 75% of his games since he's been a starter. No thanks.
Old 08-31-2013   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about him ever since he pushed his center in a game . That and he hangs out with Manziel make me wonder .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Pass. I've watched probably 75% of his games since he's been a starter. No thanks.
I don't want him either .... He's a product of the talent around him IMO.

I'd rather take a flyer on a guy like Clemson's Tajh Boyd.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see where you are going with this, and we are going to have to disagree pretty vehemently. A gentleman's bet on who has the better NFL career between the two (Keenum and McCarron)?
I still need to watch some more of McCarron to see how much he can improve this season.
Old 09-05-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a big fan but think he might be gone before Texans first pick and I would not trade up significantly to get him. Currently ranked #47 so he could be there. He does everything well and the only thing Schaub has on him is NFL experience. That is a lot but look what we are saying about Keenum. Sit McCarron or Fales behind MS for 2014 season and then watch him battle Keenum for starter. Also an advantage to having a #1 QB pick is both Yates and Case are up for new contracts in 2015 and McCarron could be a leverage.
Old 09-05-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am a big fan but think he might be gone before Texans first pick and I would not trade up significantly to get him. Currently ranked #47 so he could be there. He does everything well and the only thing Schaub has on him is NFL experience. That is a lot but look what we are saying about Keenum. Sit McCarron or Fales behind MS for 2014 season and then watch him battle Keenum for starter. Also an advantage to having a #1 QB pick is both Yates and Case are up for new contracts in 2015 and McCarron could be a leverage.
Who was the impostor that played QB for the Tides against the Hokies?
I wonder if the "minor" surgery in the off-season affects McCarron.
I didn't like his play at all.
Happy feet, poor pocket presence, holding on to the ball too long, walking right into pressure, failing to recognize blitzes (except for a couple of times when he went quickly downfield - once for a TD, and once when he overthrew the receiver), throwing from his back foot - mainly 'cause he waited a hair too long. He needs to get out of that funk or the Aggies will have a win.

On a side note, the Texans have an option year with Keenum that will make him an ERFA in 2015. They can have him back for cheap.
Old 09-05-2013   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Who was the impostor that played QB for the Tides against the Hokies?
I wonder if the "minor" surgery in the off-season affects McCarron.
I didn't like his play at all.
Happy feet, poor pocket presence, holding on to the ball too long, walking right into pressure, failing to recognize blitzes (except for a couple of times when he went quickly downfield - once for a TD, and once when he overthrew the receiver), throwing from his back foot - mainly 'cause he waited a hair too long. He needs to get out of that funk or the Aggies will have a win.
Yeah, I agree to all of this. I jinxed the guy pretty good- I started this thread after one or two drives. Almost immediately afterwards, he looked like crap.

bb- What the Texans do at the draft will tell us what they think of Yates' and Keenum's potential. If they draft a QB high (first 2 rounds), it says that they are not sold. If not, then they must like the two young guys.
Old 09-05-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Yeah, I agree to all of this. I jinxed the guy pretty good- I started this thread after one or two drives. Almost immediately afterwards, he looked like crap.
McCarron's never impressed me. The guy plays behind one of the top 3 or 4 OLs in the NCAA, always has a great running game, and his games are usually meh. He pops up a good one every now and again, but he just doesn't impress me across the board.

I'd love for the Texans to grab a bona fide successor to Schaub, but I just don't see it happening this year. If it does, I don't want it to be McCarron.
Old 09-05-2013   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
McCarron's never impressed me. The guy plays behind one of the top 3 or 4 OLs in the NCAA, always has a great running game, and his games are usually meh. He pops up a good one every now and again, but he just doesn't impress me across the board.
I see it differently than you do- I see him as a great player playing alongside a great team. But hey, that's what makes talking about this stuff great- the difference of opinions.
Old 09-05-2013   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like mccaron. Good mobility, good arm, finds the open man, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, plays some of the top competition in the country...I've never seen him look too rattled.

Plus I think he has a grittiness about himself.

I would definitely take qb in this coming draft. Seems like the perfect time to do it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

bb- What the Texans do at the draft will tell us what they think of Yates' and Keenum's potential. If they draft a QB high (first 2 rounds), it says that they are not sold. If not, then they must like the two young guys.
Yep you & I are on same page. I would not be surprised to see Yates & Keenum in some order BUT Yates may get offer to start elsewhere if it appears Case will start in Houston. As I think Fales and McCarron could be starters NFL and I think Schaub will be gone, I have to draft QB '14. Aj did have a not so good game but we will see how he corrects.
Old 09-05-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like mccaron. Good mobility, good arm, finds the open man, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, plays some of the top competition in the country...I've never seen him look too rattled.

Plus I think he has a grittiness about himself.

I would definitely take qb in this coming draft. Seems like the perfect time to do it.
But he was rattled by the Hokies, Rey.
If the ST and the defense didn't give him 21 points, it could have been a total different story.

On the other hand, Saban kinda handcuff him, I think !?!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read