Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-16-2013   #321
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You're like that 40 something old man who never got past his high-school glory days.
[dons head band and denim vest & picks up telecaster] (singing) "Time slips away and leaves you with nothin' mister but...boring stories Ohhhhh....Glory days! Yeah they pass you by! Glory days! In the wink of a young girl's eye Glory days! Glory da...ay..ay..ays!"

Thunderkyss, I think it's like one of those guys who WAS married to a beautiful woman, HAD a great job, DROVE an expensive car and LIVED in a nice house. It doesn't matter that he's in a homeless shelter NOW..the fact that he HAD all those great things is all that matters because he thinks if he had them once he can get them all back and be right back on top.

Think about it man. If the Texans win it ALL this year he'll say something like "Let me know when ya win four more" or "Congrats on your ONE...we still got five" or "We're still America's team" or "well...we did it first." The Texans will NEVER have his respect even if they win SIX. The Steelers have SIX. He doesn't respect that. The Niners have FIVE and won those five in FIVE TRIPS with the nucleus of ONE team! Does he accept that? No. You're wasting band width arguing with him.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #322
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
Still have it and can be viewed at any time can you say the same thing
about the Texans???

answer NO

nothing you do will ever be better than winning a championship

And when the DO win one you'll say something to attempt to diminish it. Yeah yeah. Since you're living in the late 90s let me give you some stock tips...buy lots of Enron and Sherman Leahman Brothers...Oh and lots of GM preferred stock! And whatever you do, DON'T SELL!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 09-16-2013   #323
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

When will this pointless thread end?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #324
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

NEVER, perhaps?

People only talk about interesting topics, and somehow we continue to make the list.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #325
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thank you. People have been repeating for weeks now. They should save the effort and link to their 1st post.
Old 09-16-2013   #326
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
nothing you do will ever be better than winning a championship
Nobody said any different.

Saying we are better than the Cowboys isn't saying we've accomplished something greater than winning a championship.

Saying we are better than the Cowboys is saying you just got beat by the 2-14 chiefs... the worst team of 2012, just beat your sorry a55.
Old 09-16-2013   #327
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
People only talk about interesting topics, and somehow we continue to make the list.
StarStruck, hang in there. Your team is just going through some growing pains right now. I'm sure they'll figure it out & finish strong.

TexasCowboy... your team sucks!!!
Old 09-16-2013   #328
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
StarStruck, hang in there. Your team is just going through some growing pains right now. I'm sure they'll figure it out & finish strong.

TexasCowboy... your team sucks!!!
Hey, Thunder, I do hang in there, as painful as it is indeed I do. I treat my football team the same as my friends, meaning if I like you, we hang through thick and thin.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #329
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Hey, Thunder, I do hang in there, as painful as it is indeed I do. I treat my football team the same as my friends, meaning if I like you, we hang through thick and thin.
Well your friends are lucky. Some folks will ignore their "friends" existence when times are "thin"

Again, think about how small Vince Young's posse is when he's broke. I have no doubt you'd be there supporting him (if he were your friend, I'm not saying that he is)... TexasCowboy, he'd act like he didn't know him until the gov't check comes.
Old 09-16-2013   #330
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In 26 seasons after we've won 6 super bowls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #331
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

(ahem) while there might have been some redundancies in the things I've posted, I would like to believe that if nothing else I've made MY inane ramblings AT LEAST entertaining. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Dreadford Headdington III

Old 09-16-2013   #332
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Gladly wait till the stocks go down and sell, sell, sell
Loathe your team, but respect your passion and loyalty.

Old 09-16-2013   #333
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Star and I cheer for the same team so it can't be both ways
If we're going to continue this conversation, I strongly suggest you invest in a pair of stilts.

Quote:
Then why do you speak as though you are better???
Because your team sucks... mine doesn't.

Quote:
and regardless of who they lost
too yesterday afternoon, the fact is even if they won they get no special treatment
as if they just won the super bowl
Now it becomes clearer. Jerrah spends too much time polishing his Lombardies, thinking he gets special treatment because of it.

Ahem... The teams with the most wins get special treatment. They will play for a shiny new trophy that the other teams don't get to play for. Owning one, much less 5 does not get you any special treatment.
Old 09-16-2013   #334
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Loathe your team, but respect your passion and loyalty.

Loyalty? That guy is as fair weather as they come. He's waiting for them to win a Championship before he'll claim Romo, Austin, Spears, etc... as Cowboys.
Old 09-16-2013   #335
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Young Jerrah Jones shows the inventiveness that made him a rich man

Unfortunately, as he repeately continues to demonstrate, even when he has a good thing he never quite knows what to do with it.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #336
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Loyalty? That guy is as fair weather as they come. He's waiting for them to win a Championship before he'll claim Romo, Austin, Spears, etc... as Cowboys.
Granted he's more obsessed with their History than their present, but that's indicative of Cowboy fans as a whole.
Old 09-16-2013   #337
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Granted he's more obsessed with their History than their present, but that's indicative of Cowboy fans as a whole.
Not entirely a bad thing - their history was my present as a kid and it was good times. When I turned 18 the Cowboys had missed the playoffs twice (one was the strike year) and had never had a losing record.
Old 09-16-2013   #338
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quote:
Not entirely a bad thing - their history was my present as a kid and it was good times. When I turned 18 the Cowboys had missed the playoffs twice (one was the strike year) and had never had a losing record.
Y'all do know this is the rivalry, smack talk section of the board right? Not the kiss your a55 section.
Old 09-16-2013   #339
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

The teams with the most wins don't mean **** lots of teams win,
only 1 takes home that elusive Lombardi title
& Dallas won't be that one team this year, because they suck. Like you, they don't understand you have to string a number of wins together to qualify for championship competition.

Quote:
That's right I am waiting on them to win a championship before I give them any credit
and no that does not make me fair weather, because regardless of the outcome of the
games every year I still watch
You're fair weather.

Quote:
I just do not hype mediocrity and try and put it above that which deserves
more credit than winning a few measly games during the regular season or
playoffs
Your fairweathered a55 is stuck in JerrahWorld, where not a GD thing makes sense. No one said anything about hyping mediocrity.

Who do you want by your side?

Jacquelyn Mayer (Miss America 1963)

Or

Texana?

One of them won a "Championship" 50 years ago. The other is bad a55 today.

In this analogy, the Cowboys & their championships are Jacquelyn Mayer. A badd a55 in her day, her crown can never be taken away from her. The Texans are Texana. Never won a championship, but hands down the better of the two today.
Old 09-16-2013   #340
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& Dallas won't be that one team this year, because they suck. Like you, they don't understand you have to string a number of wins together to qualify for championship competition.

You're fair weather.

Your fairweathered a55 is stuck in JerrahWorld, where not a GD thing makes sense. No one said anything about hyping mediocrity.

Who do you want by your side?

Jacquelyn Mayer (Miss America 1963)

Or

Texana?

One of them won a "Championship" 50 years ago. The other is bad a55 today.

In this analogy, the Cowboys & their championships are Jacquelyn Mayer. A badd a55 in her day, her crown can never be taken away from her. The Texans are Texana. Never won a championship, but hands down the better of the two today.
OH MY GOD!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read