Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-01-2013   #1
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27775 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Teddy Bridgewater

I have a feeling this kid will be better than RG3 in the NFL. Wouldn't mind pilling a Colts and tank the season for this kid lol.
Old 09-01-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Teddy Bridgewater

He's damned good too. Possible overall #1 next years draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
He's damned good too. Possible overall #1 next years draft.

Depending on needs, but Clowney is the most talented player that I saw last yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Depends on how the season plays out but I could see both going #1. Look back to the Julius Peppers and HWSNBN draft. Hindsight we probably should've taken Peppers ha. I think Bridgewater is a better prospect than HWSNBN was. Clowny has been NFL ready for awhile now.

It'll be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #5
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27775 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Raiders take Teddy Bridgewater
2. Jaguars take Jadaveon Clowney
Old 09-02-2013   #6
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest I would be surprised too see clowney go top 3 if not top 5.

Bridgewater will no doubt be the #1 pick
To many sorry QB needy teams for him not to be and he is a superior talent unlike the drafts in the past other then luck rg3 and Wilson those are rare

QBs always get pushed up so bridgewater then possibly Boyd then I think Clowney
Remember Kuechly who I had really high went like 10th or something and Willia went 10th or so and even recently Star Lotulelei who was my number 1 overall player went 10th or so which was mind blowing to me.

The best player rarely goes number one for some reason dude too need and justification of slot pay

Clowney and bridgewater are clearly 1&2 but with QBs being the top of the need chart cuz you can't win without one I defiantly can see a scenario where clowney drops some.

A lot of DEs have been bust look like Tarzan play like Jane
Now let me say that I personally believe Cloeney is the real deal and I believe TE hype cuz he has good hustle and rare abilities he is truly a wonder

We will see how it all shakes put before you know it combine and then draft time
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney was having motor issues in the 4th of the UNC USCe game. He's very talented but I can see that becoming a thing if that happens more during the season.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

For now, I'm taking Clowney over the rest.
These QBs are really good, but for me, it has the same feel as JJ Watt vs. the others.

We'll see if any of them really jumps out.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I have a feeling this kid will be better than RG3 in the NFL. Wouldn't mind pilling a Colts and tank the season for this kid lol.
I would rather win the Super Bowl and draft a very good QB at #32. See my 2014 mock.
Old 09-02-2013   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Against N Caro Clowney was disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
1. Raiders take Teddy Bridgewater
2. Jaguars take Jadaveon Clowney
Tahj Boyd looked pretty good also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2nd pick go Tahj.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Against N Caro Clowney was disappointing

Tahj Boyd looked pretty good also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2nd pick go Tahj.
I might be willing to give up half a finger for Boyd or Teddy.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I might be willing to give up half a finger for Boyd or Teddy.
I would for Boyd. Dude has played HUGE in big games. Teddy really has only had 1 big game in his entire career.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I would for Boyd. Dude has played HUGE in big games. Teddy really has only had 1 big game in his entire career.
Check out his Cincinnati game last year when he played the whole game on one leg. Dude has a good arm, he's accurate, has some mobility, and tough as nails. He's also probably one of the smarter QBs in College Football. He's the total package.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to watch some more of clowney because atm I don't get the hype.

As far as who the number one pick will be how could you possibly k ow that without knowing what team will have the first pick or what their situation will be.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Boyd's game. Haven't watched bridgewater much. Next year might be a great year to think about trading up for the qb of the future.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Check out his Cincinnati game last year when he played the whole game on one leg. Dude has a good arm, he's accurate, has some mobility, and tough as nails. He's also probably one of the smarter QBs in College Football. He's the total package.
He looks the total package. Love what I have seen from him, I was just pointing out the difference in competition between the two guys.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I need to watch some more of clowney because atm I don't get the hype.

As far as who the number one pick will be how could you possibly k ow that without knowing what team will have the first pick or what their situation will be.
At halftime of the UH/Southern game, they had a little segment on Clowney, and he looked like the real deal.

I've watched most of his games last year.
I want that guy to replace Antonio Smith.
The Texans will look like the 85 Bears; no doubt about it.
Old 09-03-2013   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
At halftime of the UH/Southern game, they had a little segment on Clowney, and he looked like the real deal.

I've watched most of his games last year.
I want that guy to replace Antonio Smith.
The Texans will look like the 85 Bears; no doubt about it.
That would be awesome, but there's no way that guy falls all the way down to the 32nd pick.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
That would be awesome, but there's no way that guy falls all the way down to the 32nd pick.
Just wishing, LOL!

I like Hopkins, but I really wished that the Texans had tried to trade for future draft picks. There are some really good football players in the next draft that we would have to trade up for.

@Rey & all, FYI:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...=articlebottom

They line him up everywhere, even at the nose once in a while.

And BTW, he was playing the last game with a stomach virus.
If you watch the whole game, you can see all the game planning that was talked about in that article.
They had to really account for him.
Watch how UNC had to rely on the quick short games and running plays away from him. They were limiting their offense to avoid the Clowney's effect. But that didn't help; USC got out to a lead and never looked back.

If you pair Clowney with Watt, one of them is going to be in the opponent's backfield unless the offense keeps six to block at all times. If they do that, they will limit your offense a whole lot.
Old 09-06-2013   #20
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And BTW, he was playing the last game with a stomach virus.
If you watch the whole game, you can see all the game planning that was talked about in that article.
They had to really account for him.
Watch how UNC had to rely on the quick short games and running plays away from him. They were limiting their offense to avoid the Clowney's effect. But that didn't help; USC got out to a lead and never looked back.
He really didn't seem like that much of a force. I don't disagree that there was some planning around him, and I don't disagree that he's good. But if he plays the entire season like the UNC game he doesn't look deserving of the #1 overall pick. That's all I'm getting at.

I also don't feel like you're giving USC's offense enough credit in the first quarter. They ran roughshod over our D for that quarter.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read