Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-12-2013   #281
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #282
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #283
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
Let's get one thing straight,

Pittsburgh doesn't need you pimping their Lombardi trophies for them....
After the Oilers left and local media tried to SHOVE your team down my throat I became a Steeler fan. The Nation got bumped to my #2 Team AFTER the Texans whipped some Cowboy @SS at their debut. My #3 Team is WHOEVER is playing the Cowboys this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy
..and no that does not make them America's Team because of the fact they won 6
Oh that's right...that just makes them Better than YOU! Also please post the date and actual tallies of the election in which your Cowgirls became "America's Team." I don't remember voting in it. Incidentally baby 6 > 5. Argue with ME all you want but you can't argue with mathematics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Cowboy
now, Regardless of what Dallas has failed to add since the Texans first came into the league, it doesn't stop people from looking upon Dallas as a winner, the same way they looked upon Dallas as a winner after Staubach retired,
Despite my LOATHING of the Cowgirls as a GROUP I tip my hat to Mr. Staubach as the great athlete, leader and American he is. The Landry Cowboys and the current incarnation are TOTALLY different organization. Coach Landry was a legendary ICON worthy of the respect and dignity with which he carried himself. The organization crafted by Jerrah takes a DUMP on the fine organization that Landry helped to create. You can dispute that all you like but DEEP down you know it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowboy
and in the same manner after Aikman retired
Were I to look at the Cowboys of the 1990s, Daryl "Moose" Johnson and Mr. Troy Aikman are the two shining diamonds shining in the midst of an ENORMOUS Cowpie. Aikman and the Moose had class and were great competitors and great guys on and off the field. They SEEMED to be the only two guys on that team who weren't either complete a-holes or under arrest for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy from the Villiage people
but the fact remains!!!! your Texans don't have anything to brag about overall, playoff wins, division titles are old hat, non impressive to some one who's been around long enough to see all that sort of stuff For you? that maybe exciting and worth getting a hard on over!! but until I see a Lombardi title in Houston don't expect to be given praise for doing nothing
In the words of the great Samuel Jackson: "Oh you were finished? Well then allow me to retort." Look at the first TWELVE YEARS of the existence of your Cowgirls. How many Lombardis did they win. Let me answer that for you Zero! Last year when my Texans were IN the playoffs your Cowboys were AT HOME WATCHING THEM ON TV. In fact EACH time the Texans have been in a playoff game the Cowboys have been either watching from the stands or on TV. If you want to live in the Glory days of the 1970s or the cocaine fueled 1990s go right ahead. Funny thing about living in the past, there's no FUTURE in it. The Texans don't have a Lombardi YET...but lets not get it twisted, they'll have one a damned sight sooner than your Cowgirls will get their next one. But, congrats on being a fan of what has to be the 4th greatest dynasty in football behind the Steeler Nation, Cheeseheads and 9ers.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #284
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll figure that out when you figure out it still takes a Lombardi title in order
to make you good and worthy to talk
...yeah yeah. And when they DO get one you and the other cats livin' in the past will say..."Well when you get FOUR MORE we'll consider respecting you..." or some other lame bull isht.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 09-12-2013   #285
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Raise your hand if your team are dogs to last year's 2-14 Kansas City Chiefs.
Old 09-12-2013   #286
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There (Cowboys) place in present time is irrelevant
As long as we all agree that they are irrelevant now we're good.
Old 09-12-2013   #287
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There place in present time is irrelevant again and due understand
this?

if this were 1960 or if Dallas was just entering into the league like
you did in 02...you'd have a point!!! but the fact is this is not the
early 60's or 2002

Dallas is 53 years old has a long history and no amount of
being stuck in the present day events..matters against the
annals of history

What do:

The Babylonians

Sumarians

Persians

Carthagenians

Spartans

Romans

Byzantines

Mongols

Khmer

and

Dallas Cowboys all have in common? They all have a GREAT HISTORY and all had EMPIRES.

Got a poem for ya bruh:

" I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away".

Wait...let me update Shelly's work:

I met a traveller from the metroplex
Who said: "Four vast trophies
`My name is Jerrah Jones, King of Kings:
Look on my team, ye mighty, and despair!'
Old 09-12-2013   #288
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
What do:

The Babylonians

Sumarians

Persians

Carthagenians

Spartans

Romans

Byzantines

Mongols

Khmer

and

Dallas Cowboys all have in common? They all have a GREAT HISTORY and all had EMPIRES.

Got a poem for ya bruh:

" I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

Wait...let me update Shelly's work:

I met a traveller from the metroplex
Who said: "Four vast trophies
`My name is Jerrah Jones, King of Kings:
Look on my team, ye mighty, and despair!'
Ok Dread, this amounts to three pages and all I asked was the answer to one simple question and I'm ignored. What gives?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #289
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Ok Dread, this amounts to three pages and all I asked was the answer to one simple question and I'm ignored. What gives?
Ma'am if I had the tickets in question, I'd most certainly let you have them at face value.
Old 09-12-2013   #290
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Ray Lewis came to the Texans and Houston failed to win a Lombardi
title does he go and brag about his 2 rings to the rest of the team?

No, he doesn't because of the fact he doesn't want to make the
rest of the team feel bad!!!

but on the other hand,

He also doesn't want his current teammates feeling like world
beaters when in fact they aren't! and so he may remind them
that while they did do a few things right

they also failed to win the super bowl and that the only
thing they can do? is try again next year

That is called humility not grab-assing and trying to turn
something into it's not meant to be

and this what fans need to learn
you know what else fans need to learn, if you dont want to get bit stay out of the kennel.

You come to our message board, fans of the houston texans message board and expect what ? I have an idea if you do not like the fact that we think,,,no no no the fact that the houston texans are better than your modern day cowboys then simply dont come in here and read it.

Simple as that until then u can pray every week that every other QB is as thoughtful as Eli Manning was to you in game 1. 3 turnovers turned into 3 whooping points. Whew...
Old 09-12-2013   #291
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #292
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Serious question. This is based on my interest in certain football teams. Either I don't root for certain teams such as our division rivals, or who is playing against the Cowboys on any given gameday, or others no interest one way or the other, but will watch a game because it's football. Now to what I don't understand is all the hate for the Cowboys, the fact that they haven't accomplished but a couple of post season wins, yet trying to secure a ticket anywhere they are playing is only second in cost to the Super Bowl. Why??? Fans paying in excess of $200 a ticket to see us lose isn't a good answer, IMHO.

Now, are there any haters out there willing to sell me their ticket for the Saints Cowboys game at face value, just because?
I don't have any Saints-Cowboys tickets for you, but I think the answer to your other question is fairly simple... Unless I'm missing something. The Cowboys are an iconic NFL franchise, they have a rich history and a TON of fans everywhere. They also get a TON of coverage on all the networks, they always max out on the # of prime time games allowed per season, so naturally, the games they play are going to be in demand as long as one of the teams doesn't completely suck. In 2010 I went to the DAL-GB game up in GB with my Cowboy fan friends (that was the game that got Wade fired). We paid around $200 per ticket in August, the Cowboys went 1-7 to start the season, and by the game day, the tickets could have been had for under $100.

And since this is supposed to be a Cowboy bashing thread, most Cowboy fans (those that have no ties to the Dallas area) are front runners who probably also root for Yankees, Lakers/Heat, and Red Wings.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #293
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dallas is 53 years old has a long history and no amount of
being stuck in the present day events..matters against the
annals of history
Seriously, do you have ANY idea how ass backwards this is............"stuck in the present"??????????

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #294
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok cowboys lover here is confusing me

Quote:
If this were 1960 or if Dallas was just entering into the league like
you did in 02...you'd have a point!!! but the fact is this is not the
early 60's or 2002
So if he would have a point then how can you compare the texans and the cowboys ? Is this an example of the double standard rule ?

Quote:
I'll figure that out when you figure out it still takes a Lombardi title in order
to make you good and worthy to talk
Ok do you think "anyone" really cares about your last superbowl 20 years ago ? So if a team is 12-4 and your team is 1-15 then your team is still better because your Lombardi from before cell phones were apart of peoples everday lives ?

You pretty much contradict yourself with every other post you make
Old 09-12-2013   #295
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok cowboys lover here is confusing me

So if he would have a point then how can you compare the texans and the cowboys ? Is this an example of the double standard rule ?

Ok do you think "anyone" really cares about your last superbowl 20 years ago ? So if a team is 12-4 and your team is 1-15 then your team is still better because your Lombardi from before cell phones were apart of peoples everday lives ?

You pretty much contradict yourself with every other post you make
TexanCowboy can handle what he speaks. Personally as an answer to your questions. I don't compare the two teams period.

Does "anyone" really care about last superbowl 20 years ago? Other than Cowboys considering the good old days, no and don't expect fans from another team to care. That's family business.

I find it somewhat amusing to try to explain to non family members why we are what we are. Most people are in the here and now and all it takes to switch teams are consecutive losses or relocating to another city with a team. But Cowboys, north, south, east and west globally are firmly planted to cheer, cry, whine, and back to hope our team will get through the rough times.

Do you ever notice the look on Cowboys fans face when the Texans are jumping up like Jack In The Box shouting Cowboys suck, Yea Cowboys are losing. Does the expression appear as though they wish they had a can of Off?
Old 09-12-2013   #296
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I find it somewhat amusing to try to explain to non family members why we are what we are. Most people are in the here and now and all it takes to switch teams are consecutive losses or relocating to another city with a team. But Cowboys, north, south, east and west globally are firmly planted to cheer, cry, whine, and back to hope our team will get through the rough times.
What's worse than a Cowboy fan, is a Cowboy fan who disassociates himself from the current team. They're like Vince Young's friends when he's got money.
Old 09-12-2013   #297
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's worse than a Cowboy fan, is a Cowboy fan who disassociates himself from the current team. They're like Vince Young's friends when he's got money.
That's an interesting group from any team, lol.

I ran across the following headline jokes and lol. The Dallas Cowboys are a joke.
Have you seen the new ABC comedy? Thirtysomething, Cowboys 0.
Know why Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys? He wanted to get as far as possible from professional football. All of these are headlines from 1990. Those are probably some of the same writers that wrote glowing headlines in the mid 90's much like the Saints who were popular for arriving at games with paper bags over their heads, but now all you can hear is who dat.

Things aren't going great with my team, but after surviving 1-15 under new ownership and management in a hostile environment, nothing could get any worse. You know they say what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger or bent but not broken.

Oh someone mentioned that we could end up losing to the Chiefs this weekend. Never think for a moment that serious Cowboys fans are taking this team lightly. The Chiefs and Rams are much improved teams. Really most are looking competitive except Jacksonville at this point.
Old 09-12-2013   #298
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
lol love this!
Old 09-12-2013   #299
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
TexanCowboy can handle what he speaks. Personally as an answer to your questions. I don't compare the two teams period.

Does "anyone" really care about last superbowl 20 years ago? Other than Cowboys considering the good old days, no and don't expect fans from another team to care. That's family business.

Do you ever notice the look on Cowboys fans face when the Texans are jumping up like Jack In The Box shouting Cowboys suck, Yea Cowboys are losing. Does the expression appear as though they wish they had a can of Off?
Hmmm i have never seen texans fans jumping and shouting the cowboys suck, usually i see cowboys fans doing the face palm saying to them selfs "we suck".
Old 09-15-2013   #300
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Texans win, cowboys lose. Good day !!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read