Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013   #461
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I'm not saying he didn't benefit. You're the one claiming "less talent around him". I'm merely pointing out that Keenum played in a WAY weaker conference. 345 yards against the best defense and top tanked team is what cemented Maziel's Heisman...that and facing 6 ranked teams last season.

How many Heisman's did Keenum win in his 6 years as an NCAA QB?
The only game he looked like a heisman candidate was the bama game...all the other games against the sec ranked teams he looked average to below average.

The bama game played its role, but people were already propping him up as a candidate largely b/c of his numbers citing Cam Newton's heisman campaign numbers.. Either way are u really gonna deny that keenum had less talent around him than manziel?

what exactly does keenum's inability to win a heisman prove anyway? Voter bias against the smaller conferences? The heisman's been a joke for years now anyway... Really since they've made it an offensive award and Suh got robbed. For Keenum to even get in the convo for Hiesman was a monumental feat in and of itself comsidering the what he was up against with the voters..
Old 09-01-2013   #462
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just because I think the kid can play & enjoy watching him play, doesn't mean I think he's the second coming of anybody.

So get yer panties out of your wad & get those SEC nutts off yer chin & just watch it be what it be.
Lol. I don't like any SEC team. Just saying the kid is a train wreck waiting to happen. That's why people like yourself tune in.
Old 09-01-2013   #463
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Some of you people have straight up lost your minds. If he beats 'Bama nobody gives a **** what kind of penalty he got against Rice today. I'm not completely against drafting a high round QB and I hope that Manziel does well enough that we don't have worry about whether the Texans draft him or not.
Old 09-01-2013   #464
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

He better get mentaly prepared. He is going to get a lot of trash talk throughout the season

Rice band wears shirts with manziel's signature,plus lots of autograph talk by rice (reportedly)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...33--ncaaf.html
Old 09-01-2013   #465
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I don't have a problem with much of what he did. I think it was stupid, but football is a game of passion. Part of what makes Manziel so good is his erratic behavior and his passion. He wants to win, and he wants to embarrass you while doing it. If that makes him a better football player, I'm all for it. How many of us would be arrogant pieces of dung if we had his God given athletic abilities?

I think he is sick of people giving him a hard time about everything he does. Before the autograph thing people were drilling him about his partying. He is living the life of a rock star and if we were in his position, most of us would be living it up too! As long as none of this effects his play on the field, who the f cares?!?
Old 09-01-2013   #466
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91474 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Personally, I don't have a problem with much of what he did. I think it was stupid, but football is a game of passion. Part of what makes Manziel so good is his erratic behavior and his passion. He wants to win, and he wants to embarrass you while doing it. If that makes him a better football player, I'm all for it. How many of us would be arrogant pieces of dung if we had his God given athletic abilities?

I think he is sick of people giving him a hard time about everything he does. Before the autograph thing people were drilling him about his partying. He is living the life of a rock star and if we were in his position, most of us would be living it up too! As long as none of this effects his play on the field, who the f cares?!?
Excellent.

MSR.
Old 09-01-2013   #467
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel is becoming a Kardashian.
Old 09-01-2013   #468
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
6-8 for 94 yards & 3 TDs

Yeah, the kid can play.
And the W

This should be all that really matters.

I find it hilarious that the talking heads at BSPN are now the moral compass of sports. LOL (Sean check out my junk Salisbury)
Old 09-01-2013   #469
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Lol. I don't like any SEC team. Just saying the kid is a train wreck waiting to happen. That's why people like yourself tune in.
Why dont you like SEC football?

Best college football in the land.

Most passionate fans.
Old 09-01-2013   #470
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

What was A&M football before Manziel?

How many confrence championships has Sumlin won?
Old 09-01-2013   #471
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I just find it really amusing how ESPN is now claiming to be some kind of moral compass. A football player talking a little trash. He's such a terrible human being! He is a spoiled brat, but all this fuss is stupid IMO.

Edit: Damn steelbtexan I swear I wrote this message without even seeing yours. Crazy how we were thinking the exact same thing though.
Old 09-01-2013   #472
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

What are you on about? A&M Football has been good, decent, never particularly spectacular before Manziel. They've had good years and bad years, but it's not like they were some crap program that came out of nowhere with Manziel.
Old 09-01-2013   #473
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
What are you on about? A&M Football has been good, decent, never particularly spectacular before Manziel. They've had good years and bad years, but it's not like they were some crap program that came out of nowhere with Manziel.
You mean avg to below avg for a decade?

Weren't even on the national radar? Where was ESPN before JM?

Before JM what was their highest national ranking? With JM top 10. When was the last time A&M was ranked in the top 10? Slocum yrs, and even then they didn't get the type of exposure the JM is bringing them.

Is he a cocky turd? Probably

Is he the best thing that has happened to A&M football in 50 yrs. Yep. The funny thing is that some at A&M would rather have a medicore football team than have a guy like JM leading their team. Be careful of what they wish for. I mean it's only been half a century since John David Crow called College Station home. (The last time A&M was truly relevant on the college football scene.) Yes I remember the Wrecking Crew yrs. But they were never true NC contenders that teams of the caliber of Alabama respected. Now they are. Why 1 reason Johnny Football.
Old 09-01-2013   #474
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rice Football player Johnny Manziel was talking to said Manizel just told him "nice hit"
LINK

Nick Elder @NickElder1
@espn I was the one who johnny was talking too. He said "what's up nick, nice hit." True story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-01-2013   #475
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
The Rice Football player Johnny Manziel was talking to said Manizel just told him "nice hit"
LINK

Nick Elder @NickElder1
@espn I was the one who johnny was talking too. He said "what's up nick, nice hit." True story
that was not the play that got the flag

The Highwaymen
Old 09-01-2013   #476
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I'm aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-01-2013   #477
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
That's correct....... It was on the play where he did his little signature thing in the air. On the one where he got the penalty, we used to tell guys to look at the scoreboard all the time when they were talking trash to us. He's under a microscope right now so it wasn't smart for him to do it in front of 2 refs, but it's not that big of a deal. I like the way he carries himself on the field personally. I think the word swagger gets overused, but thats exactly what he gives that team.
Old 09-01-2013   #478
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean avg to below avg for a decade?

Weren't even on the national radar? Where was ESPN before JM?

Before JM what was their highest national ranking? With JM top 10. When was the last time A&M was ranked in the top 10? Slocum yrs, and even then they didn't get the type of exposure the JM is bringing them.

Is he a cocky turd? Probably

Is he the best thing that has happened to A&M football in 50 yrs. Yep. The funny thing is that some at A&M would rather have a medicore football team than have a guy like JM leading their team. Be careful of what they wish for. I mean it's only been half a century since John David Crow called College Station home. (The last time A&M was truly relevant on the college football scene.) Yes I remember the Wrecking Crew yrs. But they were never true NC contenders that teams of the caliber of Alabama respected. Now they are. Why 1 reason Johnny Football.
I summed up basically everything you said in much less - good years, bad years, decent team. Perhaps not nationally exposed, but they were decent.

I'm not arguing that Johnny Manziel didn't put A&M's name on the map, but lets not pretend A&M football was like some division II program no one had ever heard of either. I don't think we'd be in national title contention prior to Manziel, but the switch to the SEC and Manziel's success has brewed the perfect storm in winning A&M some great recruiting ammo. If A&M can capitalize on this success, they'll be good to great for years, without Manziel.

After this year, their fresh young defense will be experienced. The offense is beyond stacked, and Kyle Allen will be on campus eventually. A&M holds the cards, they just have to not screw up in playing them.
Old 09-01-2013   #479
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

More than what the team he beat this weekend is.
Old 09-01-2013   #480
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

After taking a peek at the Texans roster, all I know is they grow some talented feet over there in College Station.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read