Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013   #721
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

If Case is not cut, will you shave your head?

Seriously. I've seen so many people on here convinced that
Case is just so underserving of a roster spot..

I have a hunch neither of these QB's see any kind of waver
wire. You seemed to actually be hoping it does for some reason.

Potential trade value, alone, makes cutting either QB
a short-sighted decision.

If you do think it happens (or really want it to), put your money
(so to speak) where your mouth is

Shave your head, or get a tat, or something.. After all,
you seem to have such conviction..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think it's going to happen, but when Antonio's suspension is over, they can cut Case & sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers, & if Case's Agent can't do his job. If I were Case I wouldn't sign to the practice squad.

But someone else mentioned it. Most teams will probably have their plans set in stone more or less by week 2. Not sure if Case has shown enough in preseason to make them change those plans that late. If one of his UH coaches were to be in the NFL I could see it, but as far as I know, they're still at UH or A&M.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #722
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
If Case is not cut, will you shave your head?

Seriously. I've seen so many people on here convinced that
Case is just so underserving of a roster spot..

I have a hunch neither of these QB's see any kind of waver
wire.

If you do, put your money (so to speak) where your mouth
is.

Shave your head, or get a tat, or something.. After all,
you seem to have such conviction..

TJ
I didn't say I believe he should be cut, I simply presented a scenario, the "gift" of Antonio's suspension.

I will however shave my head if Kubiak names him the back up QB for Sept 9..... will you do the same if Tj is the back up?

I'll make it easy for you. If Keenum is the back up Sept 9, I'll shave my head, take a picture & use it for my avatar for the rest of the year.

If Tj is the back up all the way to the bye week, you should do the same for the remainder of the season. To save your locks, all Case has to do is be on the active roster (dress for a game) before the bye.

Don't matter to me if Schaub gets hurt, or Gary feels like dressing 3 QBs, or if Case is named the #2 for whatever reason before the bye....

What do you say?
Old 09-01-2013   #723
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say I believe he should be cut, I simply presented a scenario, the "gift" of Antonio's suspension.

I will however shave my head if Kubiak names him the back up QB for Sept 9..... will you do the same if Tj is the back up?

I'll make it easy for you. If Keenum is the back up Sept 9, I'll shave my head, take a picture & use it for my avatar for the rest of the year.

If Tj is the back up all the way to the bye week, you should do the same for the remainder of the season. To save your locks, all Case has to do is be on the active roster (dress for a game) before the bye.

Don't matter to me if Schaub gets hurt, or Gary feels like dressing 3 QBs, or if Case is named the #2 for whatever reason before the bye....

What do you say?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #724
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

What do you say?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #725
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What do you say?
Hey, your head isn't already shaved is it (mine is)? Shaved heads are in now soooo....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #726
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't change the subject. I never said Case would be named #2.
Just that he had the talent to play in the NFL -- and make a
roster..

For the last month you've been sliding in backhanded statements
about Keenum.

It's clear to me you think his spot on the roster is a waste. Well,
let's see if you're right.

I cannot predict who Gary names #2. If he wants to trade Yates
it would make sense to name him #2 even if he didn't feel he
was the second best QB on the roster. (silly wager for anyone
to take because naming a #2 doesn't depend on what a coach
feels a players value will be down the road)

You think people like Luck and Wilson are doomed to failure, and
consistently have argued that Yates is superior. It was only
when it was clear that Keenum was destined for the 53 that your
tone changed.

So I'm looking forward to your bald cranium when Keenum is
still collecting a paycheck come playoff time..

TJ

Quote:

What do you say?
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013   #727
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Don't change the subject. I never said Case would be named #2.
Just that he had the talent to play in the NFL -- and make a
roster..

For the last month you've been sliding in backhanded statements
about Keenum.

It's clear to me you think his spot on the roster is a waste. Well,
let's see if you're right.

I cannot predict who Gary names #2. If he wants to trade Yates
it would make sense to name him #2 even if he didn't feel he
was the second best QB on the roster. (silly wager for anyone
to take because naming a #2 doesn't depend on what a coach
feels a players value will be down the road)

You think people like Luck and Wilson are doomed to failure, and
consistently have argued that Yates is superior. It was only
when it was clear that Keenum was destined for the 53 that your
tone changed.

So I'm looking forward to your bald cranium when Keenum is
still collecting a paycheck come playoff time..

TJ
I see. Big misunderstanding somewhere.

I do not hate Case Keenum. If the future Texans QB is on the roster, I believe it's Case. However, I think the offense, as it is, is designed for Schaub and he's our best option to run it at the moment. If something were to happen to Schaub I believe Tj is the better option to replace Schaub.

However, I think we're in a transition period & if our WRs turn out to be who we think they are, it would be easy to transition to a more dynamic Case Keenum offense. I think that is the type of offense Kubiak had in mind when he started this thing back in 2006. By mid season I wouldn't be surprised if Case is named the back up for what would look like no reason to us.

I also do not believe Luck is doomed, definitely don't think Wilson is. There's a clear difference between RG3/Wilson & Kaepernick/Luck. IMO, RG3/Wilson had the kind of season Lucks hype would have suggested. Luck did not. I have never said that Luck can not develop into a great QB, only that I think it's silly that people act like he already has.
Old 09-02-2013   #728
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
I see. Big misunderstanding somewhere.

I do not hate Case Keenum. If the future Texans QB is on the roster, I believe it's Case. However, I think the offense, as it is, is designed for Schaub and he's our best option to run it at the moment. If something were to happen to Schaub I believe Tj is the better option to replace Schaub.

However, I think we're in a transition period & if our WRs turn out to be who we think they are, it would be easy to transition to a more dynamic Case Keenum offense. I think that is the type of offense Kubiak had in mind when he started this thing back in 2006. By mid season I wouldn't be surprised if Case is named the back up for what would look like no reason to us.

I also do not believe Luck is doomed, definitely don't think Wilson is. There's a clear difference between RG3/Wilson & Kaepernick/Luck. IMO, RG3/Wilson had the kind of season Lucks hype would have suggested. Luck did not. I have never said that Luck can not develop into a great QB, only that I think it's silly that people act like he already has.
Disagree, I think this is exactly the offense that Kubiak wants to run, if he wanted a more dynamic QB he would have drafted one by now. He went out and found Schaub and knew what he was getting.

Old 09-02-2013   #729
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Disagree, I think this is exactly the offense that Kubiak wants to run, if he wanted a more dynamic QB he would have drafted one by now. He went out and found Schaub and knew what he was getting.
I can tell you without question that Kubiak would like a more "dynamic" QB ... thing is this team is built to win NOW. Schaub is capable of taking this team to the superbowl - pending the running game is effective and the defense does its part.

If they didn't have so much invested in Schaub and weren't "in the title hunt" they would most definitely be trying to fill that most important position .... but they don't have three years to wait for a draft pick to take them to the promised land.

Yeah , some will point to Kaepernick , RG3 , Wilson & Luck and tell us "A rookie can win now" ..... but history proves them dead wrong - When's the last time a rookie QB won a superbowl ?!! (Never?!)

If you have superbowl aspirations the proven course is to have a veteran QB ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #730
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Go back over the teams Kubiak has had and all of the holes that needed to be plugged elsewhere. There really wasn't a chance to draft a more dynamic QB than the guy he did draft (Yates) and the guy that fell in his lap (Keenum).

Schaub has been a good enough system QB that targeting a QB early in the draft wasn't a necessity the last few years. The team could fill in the bigger holes and make the natural progression to a legitimate contender. Mission accomplished. Now the team can focus on getting better at the QB position. About the only thing I can think of that will keep Schaub on the team next season is a Super Bowl appearance. Any semblance of a late season/playoff stumble will be the end of him in Houston.
Old 09-02-2013   #731
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , some will point to Kaepernick , RG3 , Wilson & Luck and tell us "A rookie can win now" ..... but history proves them dead wrong - When's the last time a rookie QB won a superbowl ?!! (Never?!)
It's worse than that - no rookie has ever made it to a Super Bowl.
Old 09-02-2013   #732
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I can tell you without question that Kubiak would like a more "dynamic" QB ... thing is this team is built to win NOW. Schaub is capable of taking this team to the superbowl - pending the running game is effective and the defense does its part.

If they didn't have so much invested in Schaub and weren't "in the title hunt" they would most definitely be trying to fill that most important position .... but they don't have three years to wait for a draft pick to take them to the promised land.

If you have superbowl aspirations the proven course is to have a veteran QB ....
By the time the SB rolls around, Keenum will be older than 9 other QBs who had been to the big game (at the respective time in their career), and Yates is like 6 or 7 months older than that.

Five of those guys won the SB.
So while it is true that no rookie ever won the SB, there have been guys in their second and third year that had won big.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #733
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122673 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It's worse than that - no rookie has ever made it to a Super Bowl.
How many rookie QB's are currently on the roster?

Schaub should be the starting QB this yr.

If he gets injured again who does Gary turn too?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #734
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Ummm....Yates and Keenum. Be glad that we don't have a rookie behind Schaub. Haven't you been paying attention?
Old 09-02-2013   #735
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

The discussion was about a draft pick replacing Schaub = rookie = not on the roster.

To answer your question about the current roster, I think Kubiak would go down the depth chart. I do not think he would wait for an injury and then say "I changed my mind and am going to start the #3 guy even though #2 has not played and isn't injured."
Old 09-02-2013   #736
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

One - Keenum
Old 09-02-2013   #737
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
One - Keenum
Is in his second year
Old 09-02-2013   #738
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Is in his second year
How many games has he been a member of a 53 man roster?
Old 09-02-2013   #739
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Go back over the teams Kubiak has had and all of the holes that needed to be plugged elsewhere. There really wasn't a chance to draft a more dynamic QB than the guy he did draft (Yates) and the guy that fell in his lap (Keenum).

Schaub has been a good enough system QB that targeting a QB early in the draft wasn't a necessity the last few years. The team could fill in the bigger holes and make the natural progression to a legitimate contender. Mission accomplished. Now the team can focus on getting better at the QB position. About the only thing I can think of that will keep Schaub on the team next season is a Super Bowl appearance. Any semblance of a late season/playoff stumble will be the end of him in Houston.
The Texans have drafted what two QB's since he took over? Alex Brink and Yates, while I agree time is running out for Schaub, I don't think he's seriously made a stab at another QB.

Old 09-02-2013   #740
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This discussion really belongs in another thread
have you gone completely mental?

So now we've gone from you completely ignoring what was a obvious QB competition from day one and proclaiming Case was never going to make the roster from the start of camp to you now challenging people to shave their heads if the guy isn't the backup?

WOW, if you really had a pair, you would shave your head right now since Case already made the final cut on principal alone, since he's already proven you wrong.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-02-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read