Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I really don't see how anyone could consider this guy knowledgable as far as football goes even a little when he says outlandish statements like this. Personally, I think it's for attention, because there is no way a guy could watch as much football as he claims and state that Kapernick and Luck haven't proven that they are starters in this league. He is just trolling to create conversation. If not, that would be even worse, but I can't believe that he honestly believes that in his mind.
There are two different things going on here.

Kaepernick is flash & glitz..... he's the shiny "new" thing that people are easily enamored with. He's Michael Vick in a receiver friendly league. Michael Vick worked out well for Atlanta at first, but when teams caught up to him, it was obvious that Vick did not improve as a QB as well as he should have. Kaepernick will face that same challenge.

Andy Luck.... do the math. Blaine Gabbart is a statistical twin. The plug would have been pulled on Luck way before he got close to 4000 yards on a team that didn't keep it close enough to win.

He averaged 1+ Int per game. Nobody brags about a 50% completion percentage or a 76 QBR... that doesn't scream real deal. Especially when you have two rookie QBs who performed much better in RG3 & Russell Wilson; two guys I don't clump together with Luck & Kaepernick. Two guys who have proven they are starting QBs imo.

They've got to do it again, same as CK, but I think odds are better that they will. Luck has yet to prove he's "special" much less a starting QB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read