Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 08-14-2013   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Info for draftniks

College football games of interest beginning soon with some really interesting matchups. Link is to some games that should showcase some players you might be interested in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pick-6-...06--ncaaf.html
Old 08-29-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Info for draftniks

Ok here we go...season kicks off tonight!
Old 08-30-2013   #3
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63067 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Disappointing showing by UNC last night versus SCar.

The run game could not be established. It seemed as though Renner did not have a ton of time in the pocket, and he did not complete some throws he should have. I'm hoping it was just first game jitters.

However, if you take out the first quarter UNC did play a solid game against the Gamecocks. Clowney was also not the game changer I expected.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #4
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Disappointing showing by UNC last night versus SCar.

The run game could not be established. It seemed as though Renner did not have a ton of time in the pocket, and he did not complete some throws he should have. I'm hoping it was just first game jitters.

However, if you take out the first quarter UNC did play a solid game against the Gamecocks. Clowney was also not the game changer I expected.
If I was Clowney, I would avoid all TV channels and social media for now.

I'm keeping an eye on Bryn Renner, but this game I didn't watch because of the Texans game. How do you feel he performed?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #5
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63067 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
If I was Clowney, I would avoid all TV channels and social media for now.

I'm keeping an eye on Bryn Renner, but this game I didn't watch because of the Texans game. How do you feel he performed?
I don't know how much of it was him and how much of it was play calling. There were some 3rd and long run plays, and WR bubble screens that looked like it was play calling.

I didn't see the improvement that I hoped from him. He didn't make a few throws he definitely should have.

I'm hoping it was first game jitters and he's getting over it all. This weekend is a game against East Tenn. State or something like that so he should steam roll them.
Old 09-05-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said in the other thread, Clowney was playing with a stomach virus and they still had to scheme for him.

That kinda put Renner in a disadvantage having to rely on the quick short game while the Gamecocks defense knew to adjust and didn't allow the Tar Heels' run game to develop any consistency.
2.8 ypc and 4.5 YPA is not going to cut it.
It's an incomplete for Renner, IMO.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #7
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Other UNC players of note for this year:

James Hurst, OT
Eric Ebron, TE -> Kid can ball. He's a junior so he might stay.
Kareem Martin, DE -> He could be a good mid/later round prospect if he develops like he did last year.
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013   #8
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Just a quick Renner update if anyone is interested.

I would avoid him now. The last few games he seems to be playing without an confidence, and looks scared. To me it seems like he took a step back instead of progressing from last year. He has a solid receiving core, decent blocking, and a decent run game, and yet he can't make things happen. He's no better than Yates/Keenum. Not what we need right now.
Old 09-30-2013   #9
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a quick Renner update if anyone is interested.

I would avoid him now. The last few games he seems to be playing without an confidence, and looks scared. To me it seems like he took a step back instead of progressing from last year. He has a solid receiving core, decent blocking, and a decent run game, and yet he can't make things happen. He's no better than Yates/Keenum. Not what we need right now.
I liked what I saw last year but he has not been impressive this year. I'm pretty disappointed in what I've seen thus far.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #10
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I liked what I saw last year but he has not been impressive this year. I'm pretty disappointed in what I've seen thus far.
Agreed. I expected a lot more of him so far.
Old 10-01-2013   #11
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. I expected a lot more of him so far.
disappointed in this. he was a guy i was really keen to see develop into a possible 1st rounder
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #12
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
disappointed in this. he was a guy i was really keen to see develop into a possible 1st rounder
He still has a chance to turn it around, but I think it would be a reach to expect him to rise past the 3rd at this point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read