Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2005   #21
bpergrem3
Rookie

The total includes the last 4 games of every team listed. I'll update after next week.
bpergrem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #22
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans franchise doesnt want the #1 pick. They dont want the responsibility of having to draft Bush (cause if they dont, people will question them for years). They want to address other problems (d davis is already a thousand yard rusher)...and having #2 or later will let them do that without more criticism.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #23
bpergrem3
Rookie

They don't have to take Bush. They could stock up on draft picks this year and next for his rights though. And this is what I want.
bpergrem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #24
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
With the Jets' problems on offense (OL, QB, and RB) and their tougher schedule, I predict they lose out (OAK, MIA, NE, BUF). The 49ers will likely lose out, unless the light suddenly comes on for Alex Smith (could happen). The Packers I'm not so sure about, but they have a better chance to lose out than we do, IMO. They face DET, BAL, CHI, and SEA. I'd say the last two of those are certain losses....

Makes sense, but it also depends on if their opponents have anything still to play for - whether a playoff game or an offseason.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #25
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Man I hope we win the next 4 games and shut the people on this board who want us to lose the hell up. I am so sick of people wanting a team they are fans of to lose in order to get either extra draft picks or a slight built back.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #26
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach C,

I am not sure how much, if any, you shell out of your own pocket each year for tickets, parking, etc., but after this horrible season I absolutely believe it is my right to root for the number one pick. A win against the 49'ers won't mean anything to me or this team next year, but a Reggie Bush pickup or a trade to deal that number one spot could have a positive long-term impact for this franchise. Who are you to criticize those of us that use logic and have been supporters/investors of this team since day one?
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #27
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Man I hope we win the next 4 games and shut the people on this board who want us to lose the hell up. I am so sick of people wanting a team they are fans of to lose in order to get either extra draft picks or a slight built back.

This is just a disagreement between short term v. long term goals. You're right, people shouldn't be rooting for losses, but there are special circumstances this year. If this was 2 or 3 years ago, I would agree we should be trying to win every single game for the growth and improvement of the team. But this year we know that we are going to have our coaches fired, maybe but probably not the general manager fired, and we have regressed. Next year will be a clean slate with a new staff and our team should and will do much better. The rest of the season is like our coach, a lame duck ending. Four wins will have the same effect as zero wins. We will still be one of the worst, if not the worst team in the league. Our only hope for the rest of the season is that David Carr, Andre Johnson, Dominack Davis, or Dunta Robinson does not get seriously injured and add another set back to this team. In addition to this being a lame duck ending, we have the chance to draft a player who scouts are saying could be one of the best players to come out of the draft in many years. I think that we should draft him, but even if you think that we shouldn't, the value of the first and second pick is enormous because of Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush coming out.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #28
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I have a feeling that this won't be close enough to find out what genius call Fangio makes to save the game.
Old 12-09-2005   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I can sum it up in a word ....

EXECUTION

....... If we would have executed better , we didnt execute down the stretch , bla bla bla:brickwall

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #30
tulexan
Hall of Fame

I like how Capers always finds a silver lining for every loss. I don't know how many times he was commending Chad Stanley for his brilliant performance during our losses.
Old 12-09-2005   #31
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The key is for David Carr to earn his keep. Whatever it takes to get it done do it. Shake off Pendry's calls, stay in the pocket and take an upright hit when a defender is coming at you rather than duck and cover or run out of bounds to the right are some things he could do but will not. Leadership at this level is not in his character, nor is there any imagination. The guy is the face of a loser and continues to lead like a loser.
Old 12-09-2005   #32
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
You think so? ... We played like dirt against the Titans the first time around and it was still a manageable game until the very end. There is no way the Titans D is comparable to the Ravens and prior to that game we had been putting it together just a little bit offensively. The Titans are poor offensively, affected by injuries, and recently Fangio has shown, of all novel ideas, the inclination to blitz.

I am going to go on record as saying we win this one.

We have been terrible against the run recently. We gave up 200 to Larry Johnson and over 100 to Steven Jackson. That 100 was also in a game where the Rams were behind for most of the game and were passing more. I know we did better against the run last week, but Chester Taylor was not 100% and Jamal Lewis has been beyond pathetic this year. The Titans have not one, but two very good running backs. They also still have Steve McNair who is one of the better quarterbacks in the league. I know they have had some injuries at wide receiver, but they still have a pretty good passing game. Our offense has been very inconsistent. We did score a lot against the Rams, but their defense is even worse than ours. Last year we went up against a good, but severely injured Ravens defense who had no Ray Lewis or Chris McAlister. Ed Reed played, but like Chester Taylor, he was not 100%. I don't think we will go touchdownless this week like last week, but I do think that we will in the end lose because we are playing in Tennessee.

My predicition is:

Titans 24 Texans 14
Old 12-09-2005   #33
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

kinney, their starting TE is hurt and wont play
Old 12-09-2005   #34
tulexan
Hall of Fame

They still have Ben Troupe and Bo Scaife
Old 12-09-2005   #35
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Current draft order with strength of schedule, post-week 13

1 Houston 1-11 .547
2 New York Jets 2-10 .526
3 San Francisco 2-10 .552
4 Green Bay 2-10 .552
5 Tennessee 3-9 .510
6 New Orleans 3-9 .526
7 Buffalo 4-8 .490
8 Cleveland 4-8 .500
9 Arizona 4-8 .510
10 Baltimore 4-8 .510
11 Detroit 4-8 .510
12 Oakland 4-8 .526
13 Miami 5-7 .464
14 St. Louis 5-7 .484
15 Philadelphia 5-7 .526
16 Denver (f/WAS) 6-6 .557
17 Minnesota 7-5 .490
18 Atlanta 7-5 .495
19 Pittsburgh 7-5 .500
20 New England 7-5 .505
21 Dallas 7-5 .526
22 Tampa Bay 8-4 .448
23 New York Giants 8-4 .500
24 Kansas City 8-4 500
25 San Diego 8-4 .547
26 Chicago 9-3 .443
27 Carolina 9-3 .453
28 Jacksonville 9-3 .458
29 Cincinnati 9-3 .464
30 Denver 9-3 .505
31 Seattle 10-2 .427
32 Indianapolis 12-0 .448
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #36
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

My keys to beating Tennessee are this:

1. Put in Ragone.
2. Start Tony Hollings
3. Try Bruener at LT (why not, we have tried everyone else)
4. Confuse the Titan's defense by only sending Corey Bradford out on pass patterns
5. Try a one-man pass rush and 10 guys in coverage on 3rd downs

Old 12-09-2005   #37
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It will most likely be just a sloppy game, justl like most this season.

But I think we will win. Why because we are not consistent. Since we can't play no worse than the last two games, it makes sense that we will come out and look like we have it together and dominate on offense, then fall apart and almost implode and some how eeeek it out probably by a field goal. Then Capers can talk how we executed down the stretch :brickwall .

But at least it will be a W!

GO TEXANS!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #38
tulexan
Hall of Fame

I think we can play worse than the last two weeks. Look at three weeks ago. We aren't capable of dominating anything right now except the loss column. Our defense has been misleading because we have gone against teams that didn't have their pro bowl LTs, and our offense was misleading because we went up against a worse defensive team than us.
Old 12-09-2005   #39
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I think we can play worse than the last two weeks. Look at three weeks ago. We aren't capable of dominating anything right now except the loss column. Our defense has been misleading because we have gone against teams that didn't have their pro bowl LTs, and our offense was misleading because we went up against a worse defensive team than us.

Those points are valid. But I said what I did because 1. Tenn is not very good either and 2. It is a division rival. We can get up for those games.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #40
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
Those points are valid. But I said what I did because 1. Tenn is not very good either and 2. It is a division rival. We can get up for those games.
Uhhh...they did put a whoopin' on us in the 1st game this season here at our place.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read