Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2013   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are we set for regular season?

Most moves should be at the end of the bench as starters should be set. Yes, questions remain about Keenum or Yates or whom the third round RB will be. As of now, our ILB seems set with Sharpton or Mays and OLBs with Reed and Mercilus. Like it or not the Oline seems set even if shaky and barring a surprise, I predict Jean is the WR 2. Of course, a few more days could see Posey or Hopkins getting reps game one. My understanding is Smiths will start at DT and LG per their position.

Thoughts?
Old 08-29-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we set for regular season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I predict Jean is the WR 2.

Thoughts?
You mean until Hopkins comes back?
Old 08-29-2013   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio will have to wait a little longer.
I'm not sure Wade will start; I kinda doubt it.
Hopkins should get the nod over Jean unless something fishy is going on,
But Jean should see the field a decent number of snaps, at least as much as around the same time last year.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans will possibly look for upgrades at WR and DB.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think the Texans will possibly look for upgrades at WR and DB.
Im not too concerned with the WR spot as I think Hopkins will make a significant contribution .... the DB's tho , you can never have enough good cover guy's , I could see them picking up a veteran who gets cut from elsewhere .... Same with OLB considering the performances we've seen (or not seen) from the two draft picks.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im not too concerned with the WR spot as I think Hopkins will make a significant contribution

Dre has had injury problems in the past...Plus he's older.

Hopkins is still a rookie and he's coming off a concussion. That could pop back up at any time.

Jean still has to prove his worth..drops some passes at times.

Ditto Martin.

Posey is coming off a major injury.

We are young, thin and a bit fragile at the WR spot. If a vet gets cut, I could see them bringing him in to see if he can add any stability to the WR corps or at least be a fall back plan.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Lloyd is still out there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2013   #8
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We're good. Dre got his smile back:

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Brandon Lloyd is still out there.
Always liked lloyd thought he always had tons of potential. I remember i wanted him a few years back but they have yet to even try the kid out ever.
Old 08-29-2013   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

We are young, thin and a bit fragile at the WR spot. If a vet gets cut, I could see them bringing him in to see if he can add any stability to the WR corps or at least be a fall back plan.
I wouldn't argue against it .... Just saying that Im not as concerned with the WR spot as I am in others.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #11
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wouldn't argue against it .... Just saying that Im not as concerned with the WR spot as I am in others.
i feel better about our current WRs than i have the past 2 seasons if that tells you anything. We dont need any of them besides AJ to be superstars, just be average and contribute and we will be fine IMO
Old 08-30-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You mean until Hopkins comes back?
I am not really sure Hopkins automatically walks back on field as WR2. IF Jean continues as he has last two games he should be starter imo. He had 2 receptions against Saints for 36 yards. I don't recall his stats against Miami but IIRC he had a 38 yd TD. Cannot find his stats from last night but I thought they were good. If Jean can produce, it could allow Hopkins time on his head injury especially as Posey looked pretty good.
Old 08-30-2013   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Not me, too soon for the regular season, I want more preseason games.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

RedskinsRumors ‏@RedskinsRumors
Quote:
Redskins part with offensive tackle Tony Pashos, others as cutdown day begins: The Washington Redskins have cu... http://bit.ly/15IwvWN
RT, old but had a very nice preseason. Could fill in ZBS if needed.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read