Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: When do YOU want gameday threads made?
Midnight of gameday 30 68.18%
3-6 hours before kickoff 9 20.45%
1-2 hours before kickoff 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2013   #21
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: When do you guys want the Gameday threads made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I meant that for when threads are started earlier rather than later. You'll have many pages of, well, BS to sort through before the game even starts.

Gameday is gameday and I guess it should include the tailgate part, if that's what you like. I happen to get some pretty good insight from the in-game observations and like that more than the tailgating part. Just MHO.
You know you can just wait till the game starts and then just click on the most recent post instead of going to the beginning of the thread. That way you skip to the part you want
Old 08-29-2013   #22
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
You know you can just wait till the game starts and then just click on the most recent post instead of going to the beginning of the thread. That way you skip to the part you want
Or change your page format so the most recent comments are on page 1.
Old 08-29-2013   #23
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted T-minus 1-2 hours but I'm good with any of the choices. After reading the thread good points were made for when the clock strikes midnight. But again, whenever is best for Shark is cool with me.

I'm just glad we have one person that has evolved, if you will, into our designated Game Thread Maker. Shark does a great job at that.
Old 08-29-2013   #24
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: When do you guys want the Gameday threads made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm in the do it whenever you wish. I really don't care when you start it, midnight is fine with me.

As has been pointed out, you do such a fine job with the set up for the game it's always a pleasure to read.

Thank you much for all your effort.

REP
Can't add anymore to this
Old 08-29-2013   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

At the start of the game i normally jump to the last page and skip all the chatter. It's not terribly difficult to click the "go to last post" arrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So, where's the game day thread now???
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So, where's the game day thread now???
I'm fingering it'll be like the rest of the PS games and a thread will morph into the game thread. It's just A PRACTICE GAME MAN, PRACTICE!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #28
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: When do you guys want the Gameday threads made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm fingering it'll be like the rest of the PS games and a thread will morph into the game thread. It's just A PRACTICE GAME MAN, PRACTICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #30
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest thing that there finally seems to be only one person doing it. this keeps us(mods) from making a generic thread, stops the silly bickering about it from few years back and gives one of us time to stick thread at the top of the board.
Old 08-29-2013   #31
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Where the hell is the f'ing game thread?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #32
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Where the hell is the f'ing game thread?
Will be posted @ midnight.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read