Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2013   #41
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Casserly laid some eggs as all GMs do in the Drafts, but he also drafted Andre Johnson & Mario (instead of Reggie Bush), DeMeco, OD to name a couple of his picks.
And we can thank Detroit for picking Charles Rogers ahead of AJ . We dodged a bullet there
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Casserly laid some eggs as all GMs do in the Drafts, but he also drafted Andre Johnson & Mario (instead of Reggie Bush), DeMeco, OD to name a couple of his picks.
The only one of those he gets any credit for is OD.
Old 08-25-2013   #43
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
N.D. and Greg in the trenches still the best IMO

TJ
Without a doubt.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #44
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2c9FbYsth

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
I actually talks about how big of a bust he was and how the texans should have picked other guys first. Its pretty funny
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #45
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I was irritated when Sports 790 changed their line up to include Jay Mohr in the mid day slot. I hate national radio. We are big enough to have all local radio.

I don't like 610, but I guess I'll start listening since we have some crap national program in the midday.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #46
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36629 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

790 just blew up their entire lineup (which I liked) and
it is an absolute mess now..

I'm listening to 610 just to avoid Mohr. Perhaps the
station actually needs to hire a survey group and
do an impact study before such drastic changes are made.

I can't believe someone credible would have actually told
them this was a good move..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I was irritated when Sports 790 changed their line up to include Jay Mohr in the mid day slot. I hate national radio. We are big enough to have all local radio.

I don't like 610, but I guess I'll start listening since we have some crap national program in the midday.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #47
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
790 just blew up their entire lineup (which I liked) and
it is an absolute mess now..

I'm listening to 610 just to avoid Mohr. Perhaps the
station actually needs to hire a survey group and
do an impact study before such drastic changes are made.

I can't believe someone credible would have actually told
them this was a good move..

TJ
I won't listen to Mohr, and while Lance is pretty much tied with Pallilo for my absolute favorite local talk show guy, pairing him with Adam Clanton has me seriously considering switching to Mike and Mike. Clanton sucks.
Old 08-25-2013   #48
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I gave him a listen. I won't be tuning in again.
Old 08-25-2013   #49
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can't stand the 610 homers in the morning and afternoon, but I highly recommend the mid-day show with Mike Meltser and Seth Payne. Meltser isn't a homer, and Payne brings a veteran's perspective.

Maybe give it a shot one day.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #50
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I won't listen to Mohr, and while Lance is pretty much tied with Pallilo for my absolute favorite local talk show guy, pairing him with Adam Clanton has me seriously considering switching to Mike and Mike. Clanton sucks.
yeah pallilo is still my favorite. and of course they cut him down to like 3 hours. And when I'm driving home, Matt Thomas is still on the air which I could take or leave.

I haven't heard Clanton enough, but the LZ and Pallilo combination was the best radio I've heard. Wish they'd bring that back because it was all serious sports talk.
Old 08-26-2013   #51
hradhak
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I can't stand the 610 homers in the morning and afternoon, but I highly recommend the mid-day show with Mike Meltser and Seth Payne. Meltser isn't a homer, and Payne brings a veteran's perspective.

Maybe give it a shot one day.
Thanks for the rec. I'll give it a shot. I've liked Meltser on the post game coverage in the pre-season.
Old 08-26-2013   #52
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36629 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

lz & charlie were good, and matt thomas was in a better time slot.

clanton is too much more of an entertainer than a sports wonk, and
lance is a little of both.

that's why lance and charlie worked, while lance and clanton don't.
(charlie was the wonk, lance was the entertainment)

the new show is almost "too much fluff" -- all bone, no meat..

TJ

Quote:
yeah pallilo is still my favorite. and of course they cut him down to like 3 hours. And when I'm driving home, Matt Thomas is still on the air which I could take or leave.

I haven't heard Clanton enough, but the LZ and Pallilo combination was the best radio I've heard. Wish they'd bring that back because it was all serious sports talk.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #53
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually enjoy Mohr.
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #54
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He sure did. Drafting Andre pretty much makes up for all of his mistakes.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #55
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
He sure did. Drafting Andre pretty much makes up for all of his mistakes.
Honorable mention goes to the Lions here for drafting Carlos Rodgers instead of Dre.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #56
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Honorable mention goes to the Lions here for drafting Carlos Rodgers instead of Dre.
The Texans' 2006 Draft, Casserly's last, was definitely his best.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #57
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans' 2006 Draft, Casserly's last, was definitely his best.
The only pick Casserly made in that draft was Owen Daniels. Actually he didn't make the pick, he convinced Kubiak to take Daniels but might as well give Casserly credit.
Old 08-26-2013   #58
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The only pick Casserly made in that draft was Owen Daniels. Actually he didn't make the pick, he convinced Kubiak to take Daniels but might as well give Casserly credit.
given how all of kubiak's tightends look like clones, i'm not sure i'd even give him daniels unless it was said that kubiak didnt want him.
Old 08-26-2013   #59
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
given how all of kubiak's tightends look like clones, i'm not sure i'd even give him daniels unless it was said that kubiak didnt want him.
Kubiak was interviewed and was asked about how happy he was with the OD pick - this was after a few games had been played.. He said they were going to go another direction but Casserly was insistent they should take OD. He then finished with something like "I am sure glad I let him convince me on that one." I think the anecdote confirms pretty clearly the power structure that day.
Old 08-26-2013   #60
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i stand corrected, and figured there was actual evidence for you to give casserly a good pick lol. i still want to just say kubiak was throwing casserly a bone, but a blind squirrel comes to mind.

doubt i could ever forgive the guy for travis johnson of derrick johnson, carr over peppers, the babin trade, or so many other atrocities. how casserly made it as long in the league as he did is an absolute mystery ... and a testament to rookies kubiak and smith when you look at what veterans casserly and capers built in 5 years compared to their financially hindered 52 man overhaul in that same amount of time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read