Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2013   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cuts tomorrow

Mays is missing tackles. But he is getting to the ball.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #42
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Harris, please. I've been rooting for this kid since we drafted him, but he hasn't made any progress. How do you push in the back like that so blatantly? Kid ain't right.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #43
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

i've only watched yesterday's game once, so I'm sure there's a lot I didn't catch.

If Bramon were cut, it would be a big surprise to me. I think he has shown progress in his snaps at lb this pre-season, with pressures and sacks, not to mention being one of the best special teams guys.

Dobbins could be a surprise cut, depending on how much it pissed people off that he missed OTA's. He played quite a bit yest. and didn't show much in my opinion.

Collins was back and did okay, from what I noticed. I thought Davis was solid, again. He always seemed to be around the ball. Mohammed didn't play, but has looked like JAG to me, anyway.

With Tate playing very well, they might let D.K. go and keep D.J. D.J. showed better against the Saints than the first two games. They may feel they can gamble on potential. Graham may make the PS. He has very few attempts, maybe they are trying to hide him.

I'm starting to think that Martin will never be reliable, regardless of how much Schaub says he has confidence in him. I don't know who could take his roster spot, though, unless Bonner gets well real quick. I don't think Lemon could take his spot.
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #44
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
i've only watched yesterday's game once, so I'm sure there's a lot I didn't catch.

If Bramon were cut, it would be a big surprise to me. I think he has shown progress in his snaps at lb this pre-season, with pressures and sacks, not to mention being one of the best special teams guys.

Dobbins could be a surprise cut, depending on how much it pissed people off that he missed OTA's. He played quite a bit yest. and didn't show much in my opinion.

Collins was back and did okay, from what I noticed. I thought Davis was solid, again. He always seemed to be around the ball. Mohammed didn't play, but has looked like JAG to me, anyway.

With Tate playing very well, they might let D.K. go and keep D.J. D.J. showed better against the Saints than the first two games. They may feel they can gamble on potential. Graham may make the PS. He has very few attempts, maybe they are trying to hide him.

I'm starting to think that Martin will never be reliable, regardless of how much Schaub says he has confidence in him. I don't know who could take his roster spot, though, unless Bonner gets well real quick. I don't think Lemon could take his spot.
Lemon has already done more than what Martin has shown.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #45
idymoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 idymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respectedidymoe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Lemon has already done more than what Martin has shown.

I agree. I think if Lemon were faster, he would have a shot. But I think with Martin's return capabilities, speed and draft investment, they don't cut him for Lemon.
idymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Clutts and Roc are most likely on the chopping block.
I'm afraid so.
They aren't bad players; one of them might still make the cut, but it's getting real competitive these days.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by idymoe View Post
I agree. I think if Lemon were faster, he would have a shot. But I think with Martin's return capabilities, speed and draft investment, they don't cut him for Lemon.
I agree.
It's getting tougher and tougher, but it's good for the team.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #48
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Lemon's a guy who will pass through waivers so you can put him on the PS. He's shown some good things, but not enough to be on the 53 man IMO. Martin will make the team, but he's definitely playing for his spot for next year. Receivers have to be able to catch the ball.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #49
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think any of the 1st round of cuts will be very surprising. The next cut might hold a few surprises.
Old 08-26-2013   #50
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Brandon Harris, please. I've been rooting for this kid since we drafted him, but he hasn't made any progress. How do you push in the back like that so blatantly? Kid ain't right.
With the exception of that bone-head clip that negated Martin's TD punt return, he played well at CB in the game yesterday, certainly better than our top corner, Jonathon Joseph. That flag they thru on him on that long pass was a BS call by the official, Harris made a good play on that ball.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #51
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Willie Jefferson make the team? He's been playing well.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #52
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
They played him like a starter yesterday. I think he's pretty much a lock at this point. His improvement has been impressive.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #53
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
JJ Watt for sure will be cut. Also Andre Johnson, Brian Cushing, JJo, Duane Brown will be probably cut as well.
They'll be cutting up some steaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #54
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Braman will be gone before Willie. Jefferson is making the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #55
MidtownMikey
Rookie

Rep Power: 2083 MidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respectedMidtownMikey is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing to keep in mind is with Antonio Smith's suspension, he actually doesn't take a roster spot until Sept. 10th.

I read today in Kubaik's quotes that he ends to use that roster spot (why not?). That means expect someone to make the team for the one game (SD Monday Night) only to be cut the next day.

Question is who would that one player be? I could see someone like Eddie Pleasant being a one game rental (especially if Reed isn't ready to go game one), but it could also be an opportunity to sneak a player onto the practice squad slightly easier. That's why I wouldn't be completely surprised if Chris Jones, Tuggle, or Lemon gets the final spot, only to be cut after the first game.
MidtownMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #56
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Can't believe you think Arian Foster has made this team. He's getting an apple and a road map tomorrow. No doubt about it.
Arian Foster is a big Hollywood star and an amazing philosopher/fashion mogul. He's most definitely making the team!
Old 08-26-2013   #57
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I want us to get a vet corner that can actually push McCain and Harris as well as possibly step in for a starter due to injury.

Bouye nor Roc should be on this team.
^^^^
This

I wish they would go ahead and move B.Reed inside and put Mercilus on the strong side. This would get Jefferson on the field more and shore up the ILB riddle.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #58
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

I wish they would go ahead and move B.Reed inside and put Mercilus on the strong side. This would get Jefferson on the field more and shore up the ILB riddle.
So in that situation would Reed move over to OLB in the nickel ? We only have one MLB in at the nickel and dime.

I'm not sure that Keo should be on any NFL team, but that being said, he maybe our starter in San Diego if Ed Reed is not ready.

I think Swearinger is coming along, but he's not quite ready to take over as the backup for Ed Reed.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #59
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I want us to get a vet corner that can actually push McCain and Harris as well as possibly step in for a starter due to injury.

Bouye nor Roc should be on this team.
Bouye has shown some skills in TC. I'd keep him over Roc any day of the week. He reminds me of a more talented version of Troy Nolan.

Roc is reminding me more and more of a faster version of Matt Stevens.

DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #60
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Bouye has shown some skills in TC. I'd keep him over Roc any day of the week. He reminds me of a more talented version of Troy Nolan.

Roc is reminding me more and more of a faster version of Matt Stevens.

No, Keo is Matt Stevens reincarnate and he's starting! Worst flashbacks than my time in Iraq. :-)

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read